It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Exchange (inspired by raxoxane)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Hows about some Southern rock.

Blackberry Smoke....I will have tio add to my music collection. I like a bit 'o southern fried rock. Nice one.

edit on 23-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast
a reply to: reldra

What a wonderful thing for him to do.

FUN is great!

As far as emotional ties to music, Band of Horses have been my jam since I saw them when I was still young back in '07.

It was. And a nice, full sound there from Band of Horses 'The great Salt lake'. It is nice on the ears.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Song Stuck in Your Head? "Earworm."

Nice 'companion thread', friend!!

It is. I realize there are similar threads out there. Thank you for pointing me to yours

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This is a football song for us, but it also has deep family meaning too.

And we discovered The Offspring in college. Love 'em.

The brooks & dunn, definitely not my thing. I understand they are popular though. I like Offspring, I wasn;t familiar with that song. Ty for putting it up

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I would really love some more back and forth. Not just me commenting. I am off to Wartune stuff for awhile

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

It's not Brooks & Dunn. Country isn't much my thing either.

As I said this is a football song, this version helps. They play it with the pre-game, but as a former athlete, this has deep family/alma mater alum connections for me. So it has become deeply personal and emotional, especially every year on senior day.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
"Heretic Pride" by The Mountain Goats

This song really speaks to me as it's literally the story of a heretic being burned at the stake for their beliefs. How often do users here feel like they are treated as heretics for fringe thinking? "Transfiguration's going to come for me at last, and I will burn hotter than the sun."

"Westfall" by Okkervil River

This song has always plucked on the ol' heartstrings, I can't completely explain why. "Evil don't look like anything. . . "

ETA: Guess it's based on a murder case from Austin, TX in 91. Teenagers murdered a lady who worked in a yogurt shop, details too horrific to put here, the lead of the band worked for the city at the time and apparently was picturing them as grotesque monsters but when their pictures were posted in the paper he realized they were just normal looking kids. hence the line "evil don't look like anything"

edit on 23-4-2016 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

Band of horses is amazing. that I go to the barn song is one of my top 10 for sure.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Like Ketsuko said, Offspring conveys a lot of our feelings about society. Lately I'm more of a retro-80's rock fused with early 90s grunge feel to get a little pumped in the morning.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's not Brooks & Dunn. Country isn't much my thing either.

As I said this is a football song, this version helps. They play it with the pre-game, but as a former athlete, this has deep family/alma mater alum connections for me. So it has become deeply personal and emotional, especially every year on senior day.

OK, I see now

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Like Ketsuko said, Offspring conveys a lot of our feelings about society. Lately I'm more of a retro-80's rock fused with early 90s grunge feel to get a little pumped in the morning.

My daughter is a massive Black Veil Brides fan, She has the title of 'Merch Girl'. I have talked via email to some of the parents of the guys in BVB as well as the girlfriend of one, who has a great jewellry site and her own band. I got my daughter a lot of unique and autographed items this way.

I really like them too.

edit on 23-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Well, well, you two may be 180 degrees diametrically opposed politically, but it appears you do have something in common.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

They really are fantastic. Checkout their latest record 'Acoustic at The Ryman'...stellar live recording.

Awesome you like The Mountain Goats...John is a wonderful writer..Man, I listened to 'The Sunset Tree' on repeat for a good long while.

You might like the Michael O'Connell project Culture Reject.

Or the enigmatic Clear Tigers.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
What genre is Heretic Pride? Is that sort of Ska-ish? It's very different and I kind of dig the tempo.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The mountain goats are the mountain goats. Most of John Darnielle's sprawling career is lo-fi acoustic, but the band is so multi faceted it really is crazy. He is, in my opinion, one of the greatest song writer's of today. slowisfast said something about the sunset tree, which is a great introductory album i think to the band. but they have released at least 15 Studio albums and even more eps and singles. my itunes says i have an entire day's worth of their music. if you'd like i can p.m. you some suggestions. there should always be more mountain goats fans. . . .

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

Man i really dug those, the clear tigers reminds me of early modest mouse. and the culture reject guitar work in the beginning sounded like pinback.

thanks, man! always looking for more tunes.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Oh, if it's Mountain Goats, I can always seek that out on my own. Thanks for correcting the band name and the offer.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
*The mountain goats*a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

edit on 24-4-2016 by Joecanada11 because: I give up

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Alright I think I have it. I love this song by incubus. So good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join