It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Exchange (inspired by raxoxane)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is another thread where another member caused me to think up a thread. Raxoxane, in a U2U that was unlikely to have even happened, mentioned that maybe we should exchange music. I said maybe we could exchange in U2U or in a thread. raxo said either one. I thought, why not share it.

This should be music that 1) causes a great emotional reaction in you and/or 2) You think it is unique and no one has heard it

I would rather avoid experiental music or Yoko Ono type music or random prog electronica and 'house music'. I wouild like to avoid music from the recent musician who has passed, as there is a thread for that and people are still in mourning and/or processing. New music is good, maybe some jpop or other international music. I would rather comments like 'i like/I don;t like' are kept to a minimum. Why you like or don't like is good or you were happy to find it or you remember it- are replies I am really looking for---ALONG WITH your own video that you wish to add. That is an exchange. Someone gives one, the next person comments AND gives. I hope this will be fun!

raxoxane sent me this link:

I send this one

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

so just music u deem worthy.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I haven't hear that MM song in a long time, got some de ja vu from it! Words have meaning and easily understandable.

I think for the last couple years this song has touched me the most just from my life experience and realation.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

so just music u deem worthy.

Absolutely not. I gave some general guidelines, it is actually REALLY wide open.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moonshinne
I haven't hear that MM song in a long time, got some de ja vu from it! Words have meaning and easily understandable.

I think for the last couple years this song has touched me the most just from my life experience and realation.

I like that song...I have nevert heard it. It is a comfortable sound, casual and the singer is good.

Nice to know someone likes MM

edit on 23-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The screenshot is great. I couldn;t understand some of the lyrics. For some faster songs, maybe people should post the lyrics version.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
1.) I like the Superman Song although it's a little slow for our usual playlist. It would have it's place.

2.) Could you find a different version of the Midnight Mob song? I have to be careful with strobing effects. They can trigger migraines for me if they flash at the right frequency, so I didn't take the risk.

This was one that featured heavily in the competition mix tapes and playlists clear up through college for me.
edit on 23-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
1.) I like the Superman Song although it's a little slow for our usual playlist. It would have it's place.

2.) Could you find a different version of the Midnight Mob song? I have to be careful with strobing effects. They can trigger migraines for me if they flash at the right frequency, so I didn't take the risk.

This was one that featured heavily in the competition mix tapes and playlists clear up through college for me.

I like that RUSH song, I remember it. Always liked it.

here is a live version of the midnight Mob song

The sound is awful, maybe taken by a phone. Actually, in the video, though there is a warning I didn;t see what the warning said.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

the funny thing with hip hop lyrics is usally it is what it seems with ridiculous metaphorical undertones

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

the funny thing with hip hop lyrics is usally it is what it seems with ridiculous metaphorical undertones

I have no problem with hip hop. I just couldn't understand the words he was saying as it goes fast. just that 1 singer. Other hip hop I can hear the lyrics clearly.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

These kids.

-just super talented.
edit on 23-4-2016 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
oops

edit on 23-4-2016 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I would offer this; it is full of moral fiber and we all know how important fiber is.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-4-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: Im a doctor damnit not a wizard.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
There is also baddogma's thread of "Songs you know and love..."

Just do not like it when somebody thinks they have an idea for a thread and don't bother even searching. That happens too much on ATS.

Not saying reldra that is this thread. Just letting you know it is similar. And I do like baddogma's thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Awesome thread!! This song brings out many emotions in me, and is close to my heart.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Thank you. Hard to hear as you say, but I think it's not bad from what I could hear. Too bad the clearer version is risky. Let me try just clicking and running ...

That worked.

Not bad.

edit on 23-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Thank you. Hard to hear as you say, but I think it's not bad from what I could hear. Too bad the clearer version is risky. Let me try just clicking and running ...

I get migraines too and didn;t find that irritating. welcome

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine
I would offer this; it is full of moral fiber and we all know how important fiber is.

www.youtube.com...

Now that is an awesome song! happy, danceable and punk! ty

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I get migraines too and didn;t find that irritating. welcome

Yeah, well, if you know anything about migraines, you know we're all different when it comes to what triggers them. I'm photosensitive and sensitive to atmospheric pressure changes and hormonal fluctuations.

Luckily for me, as much as I love food, I missed all those triggers.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join