It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion doctors would lose medical licenses under new Oklahoma bill

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Sunglasses have nothing to do with pregnancy.

And I wasn't asking about abortion rates, pregnancy rates or anything else. My questions were very specific and you decided to side step them.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Any 13 year old child who got pregnant (not by rape) The first thing that should happen is the parents should be horse whipped on TV!

MOST of the problems children go through comes from overall poor parenting which often is the case.

I would guess that half of the parents on this world should have NEVER been parents from the begining.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Still besides the point.

Age of consent in USA is 12. So, regardless if you think they should have sex or not, was not the question.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Oklahoma has the highest population of incarcerated women. They treat women like # here.

I have been in Oklahoma for 3-years. I'm leaving as soon as possible. It's the worst state in the union. Do not come here. The oil and gas companies have ruined the air and water. Multiple earthquakes daily. 1 out of 4 drivers in the state do not have car insurance, which means 1 out of 4 cars have impact damage. It is ranked 49th in education. It is readily apparent. They import intelligence from out of state. That's how I got here. There's no middle class. Poverty is so extreme that it makes the poor of Detroit look middle class. A multitude of homeless. It's obscene.

It's true that they love their guns and are gun totting racist hillbillies. When debating a bill that will finally modernize the alcohol laws of the state, one state representative, who is vehemently against the modernization, has recently tried getting the Native American and black representatives to vote with him by citing the "alcohol abuse prevalent" in both ethnic groups. The state does have a huge substance abuse problem though.

If you do come here, please be careful. Oklahomans will shoot you in the head and steal your car just so they can go buy smokes and a case of low point beer at the gas station. Seriously, it happens.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Still besides the point.

Age of consent in USA is 12. So, regardless if you think they should have sex or not, was not the question.

The problem is the parents .... not the child.

Just because something is legal does not make it morally right and 12 year old children should NOT be having sex. What a sick society.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Again, doesn't have ANYTHING to do with what I asked.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Still besides the point.

12!? Which USA are you talking about?

Your hypothetical is foolish. I'm not her parents, if she has any.

edit on 4 24 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Still has absolutely nothing to do with the questions I asked. The age of consent could be 5 or 50 and it would have no bearing on the questions.

I just love how you anti abortion crowd avoid answering simple questions.
edit on 2442016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Just ask it again, there was a lot going on.

It could easily have been missed.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

So a 13 year old has sex on the pill and uses a condom. Condom breaks. 13 year old gets pregnant as the pill is not 100%.

So that 13 year old should now have to give birth to a child and look after it?

How many 13 year olds do you know that are mature enough to take care of themselves, let alone a baby?

(You already replied to the post, but completely ignored the questions)
edit on 2442016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Responsibility!!!!!

Isn't a woman making decisions for herself a responsible act?

And the "not 100% effective" is BS.

The only 100% effective birth control is abstinence. It is common knowledge that all forms of birth control are not 100% effective.

When you put the burden for your irresponsibility on others, then don't be upset when you don't get your way.

The woman pays for the abortion so how is that an irresponsible act?

There is only 1 way normal people get knocked up, that I'm aware of and it's not from a public swimming pool.

Yeah but only one carries the baby though huh? Tell you what when they make an artificial womb that can be implanted into a man so he can carry the baby if the woman doesn't want it till then a woman should have every right to do with their body as they please.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Annee

It comes back to personal responsibility, doesn't it?

Yes, woman choosing to have abortion because she's not ready to take care of a kid.

Most responsible thing a woman can do.

You know I think that's most seriously messed up, right?

It's messed up because she a cluster of cells removed from her body?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The problem is the parents .... not the child.

So.........we should force children to become parents?

I don't care if said 13 year old is the town trollop and shtooping 13 guys a day because she loves sex. Bringing a child into the world should always be a celebration and never a punishment. There is nothing moral in forcing any woman to carry a pregnancy to term because some out of touch religious prudes got their own panties in a bunch about women expressing their sexuality.

Also, a woman's eggs, fertilized or not, are hers. No woman has any duty to procreate, at any time, with any man.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Forced pregnancies may be the only option this state has for growth. When they start making laws against legal medical procedures, doctors won't go there. They have enough to bear with frivolous malpractice issues.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

I highly doubt if Savita Halappanavar could have hopped in her car and driven to the next city, let alone another state!

“They could have intervened right from Day 1 because they knew the fetus was inviable, so why wait?” he said, adding that the testimony had pinned down systemwide failures but no personal responsibility.

The case highlighted a two-decade problem in Ireland’s abortion law. A 1992 Supreme Court ruling declared that abortions deemed necessary to save a woman’s life must be legal, but successive governments have refused to pass any law to support the ruling, fearful of voter backlash in a nation where Catholicism remains the dominant faith. With the Constitution containing a blanket ban on abortions, doctors remain fearful of prosecution on murder charges if they perform a termination.

www.nytimes.com...

besides, if texas says their stupid law that is closing down abortion clinics across the state is okay, since if a women wants an abortion, they can go to new mexico!!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So this has gone all the way to forcing 13 yr olds to have babies. Nice.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Teikiatsu

The COTUS doesn't say anything about abortions, or any other social issues. Those are left to the states and people to figure out themselves.
To a certain extent, yes. But it does not mean that states can make any laws they wish.

Actually, yes they can so long as:
1) The laws do not conflict with the COTUS (aka Supremacy clause), and
2) The residents of the states allow the laws to remain on the books. (aka 9th and 10th Amendment)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

So this has gone all the way to forcing 13 yr olds to have babies. Nice.

No, it was a question I asked concerning the topic, abortion.

A simple answer was all I was looking for, but again, you side step it.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes. Only if the birth would entail the death of the woman. That's it. That's the only criterion.

As it should be. Self defense is the only reason any of us are allowed to kill.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It comes back to personal responsibility, doesn't it?

Yes, woman choosing to have abortion because she's not ready to take care of a kid.

Most responsible thing a woman can do.

You know I think that's most seriously messed up, right?

Why? It's completely honest.

Name one unselfish reason to bring a child into this world.

You just admitted it's a child before birth.

Your premise requires people to believe that bringing a child into the world is a selfish act. I summarily refuse to accept that premise.

Try this one:

Any medical procedure carries with it a degree of risk. Internal damage, infection, even death.

If the health of the patient is not a factor, why should the medical procedure be performed? We don't even remove tonsils or appendix 'just because'.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join