It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama infuriates Brits as he threatens to send UK “to the back of the queue”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So U.S. President Obama was in England and apparently he had some "words" for British voters who are ready to vote on the European Union issue.

Obama seemed very arrogant towards any resistance to a negative vote.

Sounds like he was actually targeting Citizens and not politicians.

ATS has many Members in the U.K. and I think Americans would like to hear their candid opinions on this whole thing.

My guess is Obama is supporting the E.U. 100% because it represents a form of NWO.

Obama also was emphasizing some trade agreements that would probably favor a E.U. consolidation.

Very sloppy of Obama to out himself this way imo.

Obama infuriates Brits as he threatens to send UK “to the back of the queue” if they leave the EU

the above story links to the main article....
Obama infuriates the Brits as he threatens to send UK 'to the back of the queue' if they vote to leave the European Union

A US-UK trade agreement is not going to happen ‘any time soon,’ Obama said during a joint news conference with British Prime Minister David Cameron.

‘Not because we don’t have a special relationship but because given the heavy lift on any trade agreement, us having access to a big market with a lot of countries rather than trying to do piecemeal trade agreements, which is hugely inefficient,’ the U.S. leader said.

Obama faced a furious backlash overseas this morning over what has been called a ‘downright hypocritical’ push for Britain to stay in the European Union.

In a highly controversial intervention in the EU referendum campaign, Obama pleaded with British voters in a local newspaper and then the press conference not to cut ties with Brussels.

NWO a-go-go

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I hope the people in the UK vote themselves out of the EU next month. But ultimately, it is in their hands, not the US's.

Obama should just stay with releasing terrorists from GITMO, ignoring Islamic extremist terrorism, giving amnesty to illegals, trying to find a way to remove the 2nd Amendment, raising taxes, and destroying the healthcare industry.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Good.

Keep us at the back of the queue next time you head into an illegal war as well.

Time to get off the pot America.

Daddy's taking his credit card back.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is also about political correctness. You won't hear much of this side of the issue, but a big piece of this is the EU becoming homogeneous. Countries with centuries of culture are becoming gray while a few countries in the system foot the bill for a lot. It's almost one big welfare country at this point that a few take on the burden for. If England exits it will be the first damning blow that something is wrong and it might all have to go.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Time to get off the pot America.

Daddy's taking his credit card back.

Everyone has problems, but don't go implying that all of us wanted what has come in the last sixteen years.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

(Walks in, realises that this thread is another one started by the Old Fox, rolls his eyes and then walks out whistling)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Obama isn't going to do a damn thing. (except sell Presidential pardons to superwealthy incarcerated criminals, just like Clinton did)

He has only a few months in office left and he should go ahead and start shutting up now.

The UK has been one of America's greatest allies for decades but Obama is more concerned with doing favors for our sworn enemies and kissing their butts.

Trump will probably move the UK to the very front of the line for trade deals, but the UK hates him too.
edit on 23-4-2016 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I didn't imply anything of the sort.

You're either a God botherer like Bush & Blair or you're not.

If it's the latter, pay no attention.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Here in the UK he's regarded as a ridiculous hairpiece held up by hot air, with a cheato suspended beneath it.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Yeah, partisanship always helps out in every situation. When I hear an issue brought up by a conservative I automatically say they're wrong and take the opposite side too. Sure beats being educated.

Killing the sarcasm now I'm an avid independent. Funny how America gets butt hurt when other people interject in our affairs, but God forbid we try and keep that a two lane road and call out Obama for interfering with another countries democracy.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Little realizing that in speaking at all, he's swung voters to vote for leaving the EU. People in the UK, a good many of 'em anyway, are going to react much like Americans did when so many Europeans wanted John Kerry to be President and said so loudly...to the aggravation of many Americans.

Odd, the similarities, eh?

UK will vote as they will, and more power to 'em. Mr. Obama needs to shut the hell up, he's only got eight more months, or there'bouts, left in office. He's a lame duck...who hasn't even named a ninth Supreme Court justice yet. So, you all can safely ignore him, just like we are.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I am... embarrassed that we have a president who bends over backwards to cut sweet heart deals for people that have killed americans, to cement his "legacy"... and turns a blind eye towards our long time friends and allies... and even inserts himself into their domestic issues. (to me voting to leave the EU is a domestic issue for the UK.)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

That's largely how he's regarded here.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hi. There is an ongoing thread on this issue from yesterday.

Is this the end of the "special relationship" ?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Little realizing that in speaking at all, he's swung voters to vote for leaving the EU. People in the UK, a good many of 'em anyway, are going to react much like Americans did when so many Europeans wanted John Kerry to be President and said so loudly...to the aggravation of many Americans.

Odd, the similarities, eh?

UK will vote as they will, and more power to 'em. Mr. Obama needs to shut the hell up, he's only got eight more months, or there'bouts, left in office. He's a lame duck...who hasn't even named a ninth Supreme Court justice yet. So, you all can safely ignore him, just like we are.

???????????
Erm, actually he's likely swung people behind stay. And I have no idea where you've been hiding the past month or so, because Obama named Merrick Garland as Scalia's replacement. The GOP is in the middle of massive childish hissy fit in refusing to meet him.
And I'd be happy to have Obama keep speaking his mind in his last months. He can tell it how it really is. How refreshing.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
ATS has many Members in the U.K. and I think Americans would like to hear their candid opinions on this whole thing.

You can find the UK members opinions in the other thread which Morrad posted a link to.
I personally can't be arsed repeating myself in this thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I'll bow to your knowledge of UK politics, since I don't live there. Maybe he will...after all, you've not got eight years of his nonsense to remember.

I did miss that he'd named him somehow or other...huh. I'd think that I'd have stumbled upon that by accident, if nothing else. How in the hell did I miss that??

ETA: Well that is surely embarrassing...the internet is only full of stories about the nomination...

Ooops.

How it really is? Is that what he's doing? I have my doubts. Truly.

edit on 4/23/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
Hi. There is an ongoing thread on this issue from yesterday.

Is this the end of the "special relationship" ?

Sorry.

Missed it completely.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Hey no apology needed. I only mentioned it as you wanted UK member views and quite a few UK and US members had posted there.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Obama already annoys most Americans. Why not Brits?

He is a arrogant, self-righteous troll.

<<   2 >>

join