It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fires SLBM

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
It's not North Korea I would worry about.

It's the fact that they are allied with China, of whom never does anything to curb their allied neighbor from messing with their financial interest.

NK is no longer allied with China.
For several years China has been developing increasing ties with SK, and the US of course.
No nation wants a nuclear armed NK, not even their former ally China.

Just in the last month the US and China agreed to talks over the situation with NK, I believe that's the first time they have ever done so.

Shortly after that, NK issued a statement to their people and military claiming China is now an enemy.

The only things stopping us from removing the NK regime in the past has been their relationship with China and the fact that they have a f*ck ton of guns aimed at Seoul.

Now they no longer have their ally acting like a big brother over their shoulder, the only bargaining chip they have left is those guns aimed at SK.

With enough force and a pre-emptive strike (perhaps along with a tactical operation within the country) we could minimize the threat from those border positions.

Yes, a lot of damage would be done before we stopped those guns entirely, but it would not be as bad as allowing NK to drop a nuke on Seoul.
edit on 23-4-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not every country makes threats to nuke others. Regularly.

Only those who know they aren't as tough as they want others to believe.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I remember the raids but imo if NK really wanted a full-blown war they could have had it years ago. Surely they are military capable, but I feel like things have changed and their threats are mostly about just to keep them in power.

I would give an analogy with Israel and Hamas in the ME, they actually fought each other in recent years but none of them actually wanted the other side gone. Why? Netanyahu needs a functioning enemy to stay in power, the Hamas needs the misery of its people to get funded heavily. Both sides use their own people to stay in power, just like NK does (imo).

It's a conspiracy! But that's why we're here for.

edit on 23-4-2016 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

Could someone please explain to me why is it ok for US or any Western country to test their missiles, but when NK does that it's an act of war and a provocation?

Well because we know what happens when one is used...and do you really want someone who could care less whether his own people eat having nuclear capabilities...meaning if he doesn't care about his own people ( who look at him as a god ) do you think he would think twice on using them?

It's pretty simple.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I remember the raids but imo if NK really wanted a full-blown war they could have had it years ago.

You know what's keeping that from happening...the US, because you could bet your butt if we weren't there the North would try and probably take the south, although that would depend on what they have militarily without the US presence.

And you have to remember they are technically still at war.

The Korean Armistice Agreement is the armistice which ended the Korean War. It was signed by U.S. Army Lieutenant General William Harrison, Jr. representing the United Nations Command (UNC), North Korean General Nam Il representing the Korean People's Army, and the Chinese People’s Volunteer Army.[1] The armistice was signed on July 27, 1953, and was designed to "insure a complete cessation of hostilities and of all acts of armed force in Korea until a final peaceful settlement is achieved."[2] No "final peaceful settlement" has been achieved yet.

en.wikipedia.org...

SO they could if they wanted to. Not very advisible, but they could.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Let us all be honest here. Nothing is going to happen to North Korea until they intentionally launch something at the US. We are going to keep shaking our finger at them and tell them to please stop. China and Russia are going to put on a act of how they told North Korea to stop and then the world is going to wait. We will wait until they finally get the balls to "try" and pull something off and then we can proceed to wipe them off the face of the planet....

I just feel so bad for all the North Korean population. The citizens of that country just have no clue and it's so unfair to them.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I hope China and Russia are actively involved. It would be an overwhelming use of force and help squelch any possible North Korean retaliation if they were hit by all sides. I think it would also help improve U.S, China and Russian relations. I just don't like the idea that the U.S. always has to put their military personnel in harms way. Russia and China will both directly be benefiting from this, so they should also be actively involved in any military action.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Just got off the phone with my pal in Seoul, and that's one expensive phone call this time of day...

This conversation came up, oddly enough...

Without going into details, which by law he can't and won't, he as much as told me that those raids/incursions are quite a lot more common than is widely known. Now I may be reading more into it than he said...but I've known him for, geeze, twenty-five years, and I know him well.

I really hope your take on it is the correct one...I really do. Because if the balloon goes up on the Korean Peninsula, millions are going to die, on both sides. So I'll happily be proven wrong, trust me.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I guess that's true that we only get to hear about NK when there's an actual tension or some weapon's test, I would be more interesting to know just how much these raids are frequent.

Just out of curiosity, and it's really ok for me if you wish to skip this question, but what do you mean by "which by law he can't and won't"? Are South Koreans not allowed to speak about what's going on?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Something like an Official Secrets Act, he's not allowed to divulge information that may compromise state secrets, or something like...at least that's my understanding.

South Koreans are allowed to talk about things like that, but things that may compromise nat'l. security are, for the military or intelligence services, strictly off limits for them to speak of. Generalities only.

He's never told me anything, but I've known him half my life, and I know how he thinks, and what he thinks of his neighbors to the north. He doesn't hate them, but he doesn't trust them, and has reason to, I suppose, from his service days. ...and things that friends who served in Korea from the US military have told me of incidents that are hushed up almost as soon as they happen, two plus two, and you come up with four.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

When is red last time the us threatened to nuke anyone... now same question north Korea. ..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join