It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea fires SLBM

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
BBC reporting that NK has launched a ballistic missile from a submarine. The effectiveness is up for question as it only went about 50km. But it highlights their persistence in all things naughty.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 23-4-2016 by blackrabbit1 because: added info

UPDATE, mod note
Another test was mentioned here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Feel free to add more info about it in this thread.
edit on Fri Apr 29 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

First pics coming in on the launch...

Little Kim and his death fantasy will come true soon if he continues down this path.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

This is certainly an increasing concern considering it makes it much easier for North Korea to attack the U.S. mainland. There's going to be a point where North Korea's antagonistic threats are going to come to a head. I hope by that time it's not too late to put big boy Kim in his place.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

50 km is pretty good considering the source country. If they can triple that figure they may be able to get close enough to the us to try and launch one.... still suicide for north Korea.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
naw....I just now read the thread about the illumicorp video......removed five times....that one

ilummicorp will blast n. korea out of the water, just for not playing well with others.... with no fingerprints

edit on 23-4-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

50 km is pretty good considering the source country. If they can triple that figure they may be able to get close enough to the us to try and launch one.... still suicide for north Korea.

Who knows? Diesel subs can be very quiet.
If they were to shadow commercial shipping from Asia to the US, it isn't outlandish to believe that they could get close enough to hit a coastal city in the US.... but it would be a suicide mission once they launched a missile.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Could someone please explain to me why is it ok for US or any Western country to test their missiles, but when NK does that it's an act of war and a provocation?

Isn't it some double standard going on here?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

Could someone please explain to me why is it ok for US or any Western country to test their missiles, but when NK does that it's an act of war and a provocation?

Context is important.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye

Isn't it some double standard going on here?

Multiple UN resolutions come to mind?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Every country makes weapons for war, whether they create propaganda around it or not...

I would be more afraid of another Manhattan project than a country that is clearly just trying to favor itself by its own people.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

In conjunction with those test come video, such as the one Phage posted, promising, not threatening, the destruction of their enemies.

The fear is that Kim Un will, in the throes of one of his temper tantrums, order the launching of those missiles at his enemies. After all, those temper tantrums have resulted in numerous deaths of his own family... There is reason for concern.
edit on 4/23/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Every country makes weapons for war, whether they create propaganda around it or not...

Not every country makes threats to nuke others. Regularly.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

...and what is trying to develop a SLBM, and other missile tech, to launch nuclear weapons? That would be the very definition of a Manhattan Project.

Wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I would be more afraid of another Manhattan project than a country that is clearly just trying to favor itself by its own people.

Perhaps if Kimmy wanted to curry favor among his people he wouldn't host a television cooking show while his people starved. Maybe he'd feed his country before spending money on arms.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
There's going to be a point where North Korea's antagonistic threats are going to come to a head. I hope by that time it's not too late to put big boy Kim in his place.

That time has already come.
It's impossible for the US, China, Japan, SK or anyone else to accept a nuclear capable North Korea.
This is worse than a nuclear Iran.

NK has made constant and repeated threats to numerous nations over numerous years and now it's developing the capability to carry out those threats.

North Korea has left the entire world with no other choice but to act, and this is why SK, the US, China, Japan and other nations are likely preparing to take action as we speak.

Rest assured that if NK were to attack SK we would decimate them within hours. Even if that doesn't happen, the rest of the world will have a date set to take action against NK and remove the leadership and military capability through targeted strikes, which will then lead to the regime collapsing and days later a unified force moving in led by SK to finally bring the Korean peninsula together under one government.

If anyone here thinks the NK people would not be better off under the SK government, I would like to hear what their rationalizations are for that belief.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hang on, you claim that creating weapons in the west is somehow terrible, but it's ok for NK to do it?

The thing people don't seem to get around these parts is that our governments are charged with acting in the best interests of their people - not every other nations people.

Kim, on the other hand, doesn't act in the best interests of his people, he acts in the best interests of his warped regime.

When the US is threatening nuclear Armageddon on another nation, you can come back and make the comparison. Until then, the notion that NK is some "innocent government being attacked by the imperialist west" us utter bs.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

And fact of the matter is it's been 50 years since the last Korea war, and they have been making threats I guess ever since.

Unless little Kim is extremely delusional (which I don't think he is actually), he knows he cannot launch anything on the West without expecting his own regime to end. So he creates these videos and make open threats to show the poor North Koreans just how strong their nation and leader is, just like every communist countries did before.

But he's never actually gonna push the button. Why would he?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's surprising that no accidents happened yet in their own country.
Those stupid kids playing with matches...it's bound to happen.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

But he's never actually gonna push the button. Why would he?

Internal credibility.
Nations like NK are never stable in leadership, this is why the last time he had to go so far as to actually amass troops on the border while threatening to attack.

That could have very easily led to all out war, but he had no choice if he wanted to maintain control of his government.

This is the process of escalation people don't seem to understand in times of conflict, there's a hell of a lot going on within a country and government that people just don't take into account. This is not just about NK versus the rest, this is about Kim preventing being overthrown, keeping generals in line, keeping his people distracted, keeping allies on his side...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I didn't say NK is innocent, I just don't understand why it's ok for countries like the US or France to launch thousands of nuclear testing (in the name of freedom, right?) but it's not ok when a non-Western country does that.

The US has been far more quiet when it comes to threats, but far more deadly when it was time to drop bombs... That's all i'm saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join