It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frankenstein Virus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A few years ago somebody told me about something he'd read online. It had to do with what he called the Frankenstein virus-so called because it had the ability to reanimate the dead. He claimed that the virus was developed by scientists in a "secret" lab. Infected mice and rats would exhibit flu like symptoms and eventually die. Not long after they vital signs would return and limited brain activity. The reanimated rodents would be very aggressive and attack anything in the same cage with them. The carnage was appalling.

I've actually looked for this site he claimed to have seen but never found anything. I actually think he was making it up. The guy is a known BS-er and could fertilize all the fields in the world just by opening his mouth. Have any of you heard of this?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Sounds like Creepypasta to me

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD
I think so, too. It was an entertaining story but that's all I think it was, a story.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think someone was mixing his non-fiction and his Internets too closely, maybe with a side of some "magic" recreational substance (take your pick; anything that alters your mental state just slightly counts, even alcohol).
edit on 23-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I don't know if anyone did that, but if they did, it must be related to bath salts. Why is it all the zombie like behavior and activity is linked to bath salts anyway?? What is it about bath salts that causes people to become so hostile, and occasionally, cannibalistic?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I think he's watched too many scifi movies.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist
Like that guy who ate the other guy's face off. That was nasty.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I saw an article about one of those designer drugs, flakka. It seems the Chinese were marketing it and selling it primarily in south Florida, almost like a field test.

The article went into detail about how trade pressure was brought to bear on the Chinese and stuff.

But it seems the flakka supply dried up as quickly as it appeared. Boom! Out of the blue. How many truly criminal orgs will do that? If they have a profit and ready customer base of hooked consumers, even if the Chinese government dedicated time to rooting them out, they'd pull up shop and go elsewhere.

Makes you sort of think the Chinese government might have been behind it from the start.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Like an experiment. Trying to see what it would do to people. Why try it on your own people when you can try it on a rival's?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You know the strange thing about the Miami attack, was that the M.E. did not find flesh in his stomach (only in his teeth) so he was not actually eating him, just biting off his face. Also

While police sources speculated that the use of a street drug like "bath salts" might have been a factor,[3] experts expressed doubt, since toxicology reports were only able to identify marijuana in Eugene's system, leaving the ultimate cause of his behavior unknown.[4]

Maybe it was a viral infection that got Rudy Eugene after all?? A zombie virus??

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Guns ready, Umbrella Corps might be real!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I wonder if they got 'Frankenstein virus' mixed up with that Voodoo zombie powder drug? They sound very similar.

Haiti witch doctors claimed to have a powder that made it look like someone was dead. The drug allegedly paralysed the nervous system and caused confusion in the victim when they 'woke up.' At that point they acted like zombies and were very suggestible to the whims of the witch doctor.

How to Make a Zombie (Seriously)

Clairvius Narcisse

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Haiti may be the only country on Earth that passed laws against turning people into zombies.

Maybe there is just too much Voudoo going on in the states.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Haiti may be the only country on Earth that passed laws against turning people into zombies.

Maybe there is just too much Voudoo going on in the states.

Good find

I skimmed the article and the extract and agree with how they viewed it as 'poisoning.' Quite right

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What I also fid interesting, is that the Zombies of Hatain and Voudoo lore are similar to the slow moving sluggish zombies of Romero movies, and the bath salt zombies act more like the angry rage zombies of 28days later movies. So are real zombies slow and synthetic ones angry??

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

someone has been reading and watching the walking dead.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

What I also fid interesting, is that the Zombies of Hatain and Voudoo lore are similar to the slow moving sluggish zombies of Romero movies, and the bath salt zombies act more like the angry rage zombies of 28days later movies. So are real zombies slow and synthetic ones angry??

Funnily enough, the differences there are between the natural chemical and the artificial one. Reminds me of that study about how spiders wove different types of web according to whether they were given the natural or artificial psychoactive chemical.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I know what you're talking about. Have you ever seen The Serpent and the Rainbow? They used that powder in the movie.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Most likely lol. He probably watched Reanimator, too.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I dug it out of a distant memory of some TV doco from years ago. Would have come out after your movie link though

top topics

<<   2 >>

join