It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Draft = Protest by mass suicide?!?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Wouldn't a protest of mass-homicide against government officials be more effective?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Wouldn't a protest of mass-homicide against government officials be more effective?

Hmmmm....is that whole though of suicide to protest war, sort of like killing all cows to protest eating meat?

I would much rather protest terrorism by killing terrorists.

I know, I know....call me old-fashioned.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
OOOHHH! I need to buy stock in Kool-Aid. Wasn't that how the folks at Jonestown pulled it off?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
ok,
if you do not want to get "draftet" there are several other ways to "avoid" that, than to kill yourself. you can protest against it. you can gather signatures from people that think like you and do not want to "go and play soldiers" either. you can evade as long as you can, not pick up your mail, run away from home, run away to another country. that are all peacefull solutions to your "problem".

not-peacefull solutions:
go to the white house, and blow yourself up while jumping in the oval office, during the main "monday morning briefing" for the president. do not "just blow yourself up", but take somebody important with you!

so, if you ask me, i am against this mass suicide of drafters. that is just plain st00pid!

i guess you were watching too much of that clip, wher chinese student gets run over by a chinese army tank. that is a true protestor, who stands behind what he belives in!

as far as making fun out of muslim religion (i see all the time jokes are being made "about the 70 virgins in haven and stuff like that), i find that extremly childish and immature. every religion deserves respect. it has been around for a VERY LONG time than you have, so i belive its teaching and preaching are not "crazy". words are just words, it is people who read them, that make those words real and make them "flesh". and every holy book can be interpreted as "evil", it is just a matter of perspective.
and i think you have already decide about "your perspective" since you make fun from quran all the time. not very mature is it? have you actually READ IT?
i dont think so...

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Man this is so out there, I cant even begin to try to explain the idiocies.
Dont let the goverment kill us cause we dont want to die for beliefs , yet I am going to kill myself for my beliefs and I want to draft others to die with me by actions causing grandious discust in the deaths of people thereby encouraging repeated deaths out of sympathy to a cause.

It's so crazy and whats worse is someone took the time to set and think of a way to do it in such detail. DUDE I can get you some references to the nearest state hospital for the mentally insane just let me know which state you want to be in when they put you in that padded cell.

PS is your handle carries anything close to your beliefs Yahweh then you are also betraying the laws of his making as suicide is condemned as a sin.

[edit on 14/1/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   

have you actually READ IT?

I've read the Qur'an but I wasn't the one to insult the religion.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What's the punchline?
Surely you must be joking...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
If there is a Draft, draftees should committ mass suicide to send a message to the government that they'd rather kill themselves than serve a fascist dicatorship on their hell bent mission to kill Muslim peoples for oil & to protect United States' Jewish masters country, Israel.

Or, just apply for concientious objector status and refuse to follow any orders to attack. But this is silly, since there almost certainly isn't going to be a draft.

Think of it thousands of people amassing outside the White House and then commit mass suicide by self-immolation.
You think instead of burning their draft cards they should burn themselves?

None of the draft dodgers are that commited to their cause.

Again this is an idea, not a recommendation and I am not responsible if you go out and kill yourself, etc, etc, etc.

You most certainly are responsible. You are advocating and urging suicide. That makes you responsible. And apparently you aren't planning on doing it yourself. What a joke.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

No, but it would certainly be more illegal.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
dont need thouands of suicides, all we need is 1 person willing to die taking out Bush... i mean look at all the open air events hes been to in the US, if i lived there i would of put a riffle bullet between his eyes while he makes his speeches in florida or somewhere... Easiest way to make the world a better place... Maybe i might get a website up for people to donate money, so when it reaches a few mill we can post a bounty on bush

Note From Moderator:
Please review Site Terms & Conditions
16.) Discussion of illegal activities... are strictly forbidden.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
*illegal content removed*

First, you're coming off to me as insane for even thinking, ,and then saying such a stupid thing.

Second, your plan is already illegal in multiple ways. Hell, what you have just said fell under the term "terroristic threats" back in 2000, much less now with patriot act and the homeland security stuff.

Third, violence against anyone you may or may not consider "elite" is not the solution. The change for a better tomorrow has to come from the masses, not by switching out puppets.

Fourth, edit your post, and for god's sake, get to a logical base of thinking, please. The last thing we need in this pitiful country is some lone nut giving big brother reasons to clamp down tighter.

Good day, and may logic find your thought process.

X

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
*illegal content removed*

That is illegal.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Illegal? USA has assanated lots of polital leaders and opponents, oh yeah im forgetting tho thats the USA and they can do anything

And no, im not crazy or evil, and yes i if had the chance i would carry out this duty, why? because it would send a message to the NWO wannabes that if you mess about, you get took out.. And yes if you wish you can happily call me a terrorist, as most of the GOOD god fearing people on this planet are called terrorists today, i guess the word has lost its old meaning... To me the word terrorist now means freedom fighter, why? because the main nation targetted by terrorists is the USA, which needs to be taken out of power to stop the world coming to a complete global war...

P.S mods... you only have to warn me once, im getting 2 mods sending me warnings for quoting/illegal posting, its your board so ill respect your rules, but i dont think i need 2 warnings for every time i break a rule?

[edit on 14-1-2005 by P Amaru]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

as posted by P Amaru
And no, im not crazy or evil,

I would beg to differ, but hey....

....and yes i if had the chance i would carry out this duty, why?

My dog has more bark than you have bite, P Amaru.

As such, you keep walking the thin line on this, k? I do recall seeing that you were warned over such matters...
Have you read this sites Terms and Conditions of Use yet, or you too busy foaming at the mouth and talking nonsense on "If"?

seekerof

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think the best question to be asking right now, is WHY are people (anyone - including this suicide addvocating youngster) advocating suicide as a solution to ANYTHING.

Suicide is never ever a solution.

A year ago, I was so sick, and such a burden on my friends and family that it seemed like a viable solution to myself. I mean, we talk about euthenasia all the time right? This is how these things get started, they are introduced slowly.. "Killing the sick is okay.. it ends their suffering." AND THEN we end up with cases like Terri. (by the way, I'm not trying to suck up any sympathy, # happens.. it was a bad time, I'm better now and thats the point)

If I haddn't hung in there.. I wouldn't be looking at the face of recovery right now (or a possiblity of recovery I should say).

Advocating destroying yourself as a solution to a problem of government is just #ing insane.

I don't think you personally are insane (thread starter) but you are totally suffering yourself from a disease that is being slowly spread through out our global society... the idea that life is cheep..

Zhan "By the godess thats insane!"

[edit on 14/1/2005 by Vis Mega]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Advocating destroying yourself as a solution to a problem of government is just insane.

Thich Quang Duc (Link) commited self-immolation in protest of mistreatment of Buddhist under a Catholic leader.

US Troops are committing suicide so they wont have to fight in the war anymore. What else are they suppose to do? They are enslaved with the stop-loss being used.

but you are totally suffering yourself from a disease that is being slowly spread through out our global society

I'm not suicidal. I just suggested that self-immolation idea based on the above article on Wikipedia about that monk.

You people get bent out of shape and misinterpreted what I meant. This thread should be locked or deleted.

This is all am I'm going to say:
Suicide has been used as a form of protest in the past and only should be used in the most extreme cases of government oppression of the people or of government policies. Again only used as a last resort.

I will no longer reply to this thread, please LOCK IT OR DELETE IT since people misunderstood what I meant.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh

have you actually READ IT?

I've read the Qur'an but I wasn't the one to insult the religion.

i "knew" you read it.
and i wasnt refering to you,
but to "the others" that like to make fun of this holy book.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
and i wasnt refering to you,
but to "the others" that like to make fun of this holy book.

If it will make you feel better I make fun of the Bible too.

Didn't you tell me you were an atheist?

If so how could a book you consider fairy tales be "holy"?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
If it will make you feel better I make fun of the Bible too.

Didn't you tell me you were an atheist?

If so how could a book you consider fairy tales be "holy"?

there are many HOLY BOOKS on this planet
and they each deserve a certain level of RESPECT
since they have been around a long LONG time
before you and me.
maybe some people interpret the text in the books diffrently than they should
but still, it is considered a cornerstone of a religion, a certain culture.

you can make fun of whatever you want,
but i still noticed that people here make fun out of muslim "suicide bomber" religions tendancies, and why are there going to be 70 virgins in heaven waiting for them. and because the muslim religion is "under attack" from all sides, especially from the untied states, which look after the 9-11 to all muslims as "terrorists" and "religious fanatics", but in basic all "holy books" are the same, and every religious person can be called a terrorist or a fanatic.
would you consider the first grand inquisitor tomás de torquemada a fanatic or a normal religious person? (he burned in his "holy fire" thousands and thousands of people...).
and he was christian.
so what was he:
a.)a religious fanatic?
b.)a terrorist?
c.)a real SAINT?
d.)a holy dictator?
e.)none of the above?
f.)just a normal religious person?
e.)a fuc**ng l00ney!?!

but then again,
nobody expects the spanish inquisition!
(a joke from monty python)

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

but then again,
nobody expects the spanish inqusition!
(a joke from monty python)

Boom Boom !
They had some really nasty cushions and a comfy chair too!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join