It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love for the Confederate Flag, In Brazil???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Flags can be racist, oppressive, not to mention, sometimes they like long walks on the beach and a concert every now and then. Yes; flags behave exactly like living things, particularly human beings.

Is it not in the least bit asinine to treat inanimate objects as if they will jump out and start enslaving people? Anthropomorphic and superstitious nonsense.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

McCarthyites praising a racist anti-Unionist Flag talking about people who hate America... Gotta love the irony.

Here's some more irony for ya.

Racism and slavery occurred while under the hallowed stars and stripes, well before the Confederacy was ever conceived.

There's quite a bit of dirt on that flag as well, but this fact is often overlooked because of the South's reliance on slavery.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

South of the Dixie didn't have the greatest reputation, but hardly what I said. Just drew a coincidence, imo anyway, of people who left an area that had just lost slavery and went to an area with it.

Many Southerners who took the Emperor's offer had lost their land during the war, were unwilling to live under a conquering army, or simply did not expect an improvement in the South's economic position. In addition, Brazil still had slavery (and did not abolish it until 1888). Most of the immigrants were from the states of Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, and South Carolina.

From the wiki on the people who immigrated there, called confederados. Brazil was one of the last southern American countries to get rid of slavery, that is the coincidence I drew.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: AmericanRealist

It is a beautiful flag that represented some brave men who fought against tyranny. That is what it means to me. Anything else others think about it is THEIR problem.

This kid has more sense than the entire PC crowd.

The Confederacy was more tyrannical the the North at that time and had the South won under their constitution Americans would have had even less rights. For this kid to say that flag is a symbol of love just shows he has been fed nothing but lies.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
McCarthyites praising a racist anti-Unionist Flag talking about people who hate America...

Gotta love the irony.

That's rich. COnsidering at the time the UNION broke 11 constitutional laws leading up to the civil war to even have it.
Dont believe me? Look up my thread on Lincoln. OR google 11 laws lincoln broke.

Lincoln and the bankers in the north were concerned about the south trading with england and cutting them out of profits they were getting from taxes and tariffs. The south said they would refuse to pay them anymore if they were not allowed to trade with england.

Of course AFTER the civil war Lincoln il legally passed a amendment to keep any others from trying to suceed ever again.(with a supreme court HE picked himself) to make it look legal.

The man got what was coming to him. Booth was a hero. And Lincoln was the traitor to the office of president and the constitution. See how the winners revised history to turn that around?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I agree. There is that part of erasing history to make the victors look like heros. Like I said, there are no wars for humanitarian reasons, EVER! It always comes down to money, resources, taxable land, and in the modern days, control of markets and money supply.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Metallicus

It is a beautiful flag that represented some brave men who fought against tyranny. That is what it means to me. Anything else others think about it is THEIR problem.

This kid has more sense than the entire PC crowd.

The Confederacy was more tyrannical the the North at that time and had the South won under their constitution Americans would have had even less rights. For this kid to say that flag is a symbol of love just shows he has been fed nothing but lies.

SO it was OK for lincoln to break the laws at the time and fight a illegal war? Washington would had jack slapped him if he was around then. The north was trying to dictate southern trade when all governments in all states were able to rule themselves within the bounds of the constitution

it was never about the slaves it was about pure money. Slavery was on the way out with the invention of the cotton gin anyway. The cost Vs keeping slaves was dropping,but Oh no Good ole"honest" abe and his bank masters coudnt have that because they needed the south sub servient.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
AS the war was drawing to a close the confederates original plan was to attack mexico,which had a much smaller army than the confederate army, take over the country and set up their confederate states of america in the former mexico,but they decided against that plan. Instead a lot of the rich confederates moved to south america,bought land and started ranching and cotton farming there.
i believe they were worried about being arrested and tried for treason in the U.S. when the war ended,so they headed as far south as they could go.I imagine a lot of rich folks in the U.S, today have a similar bugout plan.
edit on 23-4-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: buster2010

At the time the UNION broke 11 constitutional laws leading up to the civil war to even have it.
Dont believe me? Look up my thread on Lincoln. OR google 11 laws lincoln broke.

Lincoln and the bankers in the north were concerned about the south trading with england and cutting them out of profits they were getting from taxes and tariffs. The south said they would refuse to pay them anymore if they were not allowed to trade with england.

Of course AFTER the civil war Lincoln il legally passed a amendment to keep any others from trying to suceed ever again.(with a supreme court HE picked himself) to make it look legal.
Was it OK for lincoln to break the laws at the time and fight a illegal war? Washington would had jack slapped him if he was around then. The north was trying to dictate southern trade when all governments in all states were able to rule themselves within the bounds of the constitution

it was never about the slaves it was about pure money. Slavery was on the way out with the invention of the cotton gin anyway.

Spot on. This is the part the history books leave out. The govt, then & now, does not care about the poor man's plight. Thats just the official story. The excuse, like going to war in the Desert for Iraqi "freedom"
The United STATES were meant to be a VOLUNTARY association of States united for common interests, trade, & security. Their interests were no longer in common, especially not where trade was concerned. Northern interests were detrimental to Southern interests. If some states don't want to play anymore, that's their business. You can't force Johnny to not go home with his ball, its like violating a country's sovereignty. Which is really what happened.
edit on 4242016 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

it was never about the slaves it was about pure money.

So you know more than the VP of the Confederacy? He stated in his cornerstone speech that it was about slavery because it was God's will to keep them as slaves because he made blacks unequal to whites. Here is his speech read it and learn something.
The Cornerstone Speech

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Dunno why but a lot of Australians fly them on Independence day. Just goes to show how much Australians regard things American as superior to things Australian.

Even grid iron is increasing in popularity here now, but that's because they been trained up by the media to like it to mid you.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Love for the Confederate Flag, In Brazil???

Well they are in south America so why wouldn't they?

They are proud southerners so they fly what they are proud of.

Just as those in the south of North America.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Saw a rally of supremacists up in Stone Mountain Georgia waving confederate flags screaming "white power". I know what that flag represents and if the confederacy had won, I would be in chain's right now. Let's be real about what that flag represents.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Star for ya Buster

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

So you know more than the VP of the Confederacy? He stated in his cornerstone speech that it was about slavery because it was God's will to keep them as slaves because he made blacks unequal to whites. Here is his speech read it and learn something.
The Cornerstone Speech

It was LEGAL THEN THOUGH and AS SUCH was CONSTITUTIONAL. HE was speaking out on their rights being trampled on. Also LINCOLN HIMSELF was just as racist. HE even stated it in his Diary. And wasnt that Speech AFTER the civil war had started Or lincon exiled the southerners from washington?

Still was a ILLEGAL WAR and was against current constitutional law(in their time)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The Cornerstone Speech

All true. The guy was a racist. So was Lincoln. Read his diary. He wanted to send all the slaves back to Africa. The war was not about slavery though. That was a backseat issue. It was about economic control and state sovereignty. That was when Washington showed the states whose boss. They were more sovereign before, the way the makers intended.
One could call the Civil War Illuminati, but I think that name is silly. The money masters gained great power and were buying politicians left and right and generally running the show. Corruption in DC. Sound familiar? Anyways Political Power is concentrated on the north east coast, so they're not Southerners. This was back when if your Senators or reps are crooked, theyd get fired by angry southerners for screwing their home districts for northern interests. So the South was relatively illuminati free. After the south got tired of being screwed around by the north. They decided to 1776 and do things their own way and take care of themselves. Probably the most American thing to do ever. (If you've ever read the Declarationof Independence, thats exactly how the south was feeling about DC. Read Southern grievances sometime. They wasn't |3itchin about black people the whole time, they had some real issues with govt. Keep in mind both sides were racist, not just the south) The first war of independence was a huge setback to the money masters, and another independent country free of their control was unacceptable. So they have Washington DC take the role of Britain and squash the S.American Revolution. Forced them to bow to the power of central govt. Who itself bows to the power of money, and its masters. Lincoln was a tyrant. Forced the South into submission. America was no longer a collection of sovereign states, but one big central State. Lincoln set a dangerous precedent for what happens if you say no to Washinton.
But I like Lincoln, despite his racism. After the war, he tried to take America in his own direction and loosen the grip of the money masters over his country. He had the Treasury release Green Backs: their own form of currency interest free instead of using Rothschild money at a huge price like we do today with the Federal Reserve. And he got killed for it. JFK style. For all the same reasons. Control of Money.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

Got to remember those who can only see one narrative, and ask yourselves. When is there only one side to a story?? If every story has two sides, then why is the Civil War not questioned more in depth? Because the history was written with the intent to ignore the truth, and raise all new citizens to accept only one truth. That alone should cause people to question.

Funny thing is, I live in Florida. I have rocked Confederate stuff when hanging with my darker peers over the years. They mostly don't give a #. It ironic that in my experience, for people to claim the flag as so racist, I hear more complaints from liberal light skinned folks than I have ever heard from darker people. And I actually grew up more in that demographic. The old schoolers are certainly more offended, but they have a unfortunate history of living through some of the worst days of racism.

Young people hardly give a damn. But one thing is certain, the majority of American citizens do not know the whole story of the Civil War, only the "official" story. And I think experience in the last twenty years alone has shown us, that the official story is not necessarily the truth...
edit on 4/24/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JimiBlack

So it was the flag that made them racist and not what they were saying?

So what about those who are racist yet don't use the confederate flag as a backdrop does that make them any different than those who do?

If the flag represents what you say then why are there black people defending it?

Guess they must be racist also. And do some research on what the flag really represents before acting as though you think you know.

The North had slaves also so it wasn't just a southern thing.
edit on 25-4-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Oh so if we don't agree with the flag we are American hating commies? I don't care if you want to fly it, just get it off gov buildings. Oh and that isn't erasing it from history, even statues ans street names going isn't. It isn't erased until it is out of the books.
Oh and a small town does not speak for all of Brazil.

Not everyone who likes the flag is racist, but to act like there is zero racist connections with the flag is being willfully ignorant.

Except, outrage at the flag being flown is not limited to government buildings like you are ignorantly claiming. Maybe you didn't hear about the countless cases of people sporting the flag being attacked? Also the demand that Confederate memorials and statues and the like to be removed.

You are the ignorant one here. It was NEVER limited to the flag being flown on government property. Once that started, we went down a slippery slope fast.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

Lincoln got killed because he committed treason. Sure he tried a little after but it didnt excuse his transgressions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join