It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Is Why Whoever Is The GOP Nominee Will Eventually Be Supported !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Gun rights activists just need to show this clip, and everybody will come around, no matter how mad or how incredulous they are over who the nominee is. I am not a gun owner, but I get the second amendment.

It's going to be a very polarizing election.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
so you favor eliminating our professional, proactive, first strike full time standing army in favor of a well armed militia that can spring up to defend us from invasion ?

that really doesn't sound like a GOP platform

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
so you favor eliminating our professional, proactive, first strike full time standing army in favor of a well armed militia that can spring up to defend us from invasion ?

that really doesn't sound like a GOP platform

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The first time I ever saw Chelsea Clinton, I thought to myself, "Oh My God...they breed"
My opinion hasn't improved. On top of all the lies, Hillary has no respect for the Constitution or We The People and like Obama, will find ways to get around it, to do what they want.
Personally, I've had it. I will not obey the un Constitutional laws that continue to come out of the Whte House.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

That's exactly what I was thinking. Where the hell did he get that?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
what do you guys think a well armed militia is for ?

the founding fathers hated the idea of a professional army, as they had just defeated one. they feared it would be used for agressive imperialism. they wanted a system like the swiss have today.

if they were around today they would be aghast at how much we have perverted their ideas into giving citizens any weapon they want by NRA propoganda and spend so much of our nations revenue on weapons we can't use without destroying the planet, that we carry an enormous deficit and we have military bases in 60 countries. We have become the nation they went to war with to become free from

edit on 23-4-2016 by syrinx high priest because: I can't spell

edit on 23-4-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
oops

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is pretty good ammunition for Trump (no pun intended). If Clinton is elected, guns will be confiscated. It's now pretty clear.
The air of opportunism at Scalia's death was in pretty poor taste too.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This is pretty good ammunition for Trump (no pun intended). If Clinton is elected, guns will be confiscated. It's now pretty clear.
The air of opportunism at Scalia's death was in pretty poor taste too.

Either guns will be confiscated or there will be outright rebellion. Given the approval numbers of the government, I think rebellion might be as likely as meek surrender. People would have to actually trust and like their government for them to surrender that much control to it.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

I agree that we don't need to be militarily involved across the globe.

But that isn't really relevant to political manipulation of the Supreme Court to strip away more rights of the people.

a reply to: UKTruth

No one is going to be confiscating guns in America. It's just not logistically feasible.

Now, I wouldn't put it past them to pass laws that allow them to slap more gun related charges on people whether a gun was involved in the crime or not. But confiscation will never happen.
edit on 23-4-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The old fashion use of fear and all that goes along with it. Seen it, been there, done that, time to move on.

The first thing is the statistics don’t lie, and from what I am looking, no one is in any danger of losing their guns anytime soon. The history of the very court proves that, where there was a ban, it was ruled as being unconstitutional in nature. And it seems that after any mention of gun control, or incident there is a mass run at the gun stores, and their sales soar. And the NRA sees a spike in membership and people join all out of fear.

The saddest thing of all about this entire debate, is that both sides are right and neither side wants to admit that. Is there a problem in the US with the number of crimes done with a gun, yes, should there be legislation to restrict and stop such, yes. However, both sides need to stop the partisan politics and start doing their job and speak for the people, not for the interest groups.

The funny thing of all is that the NRA, for all it does, also is a political tool and tends to contribute millions to get politicians into office, who then vote for the legislation that makes the donors happy.

Personally I would like to see such issues on ballots, to be voted in or out of the laws, by the people and not by groups like the NRA or special interest, that way it is the voice and will of the people.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: syrinx high priest

I agree that we don't need to be militarily involved across the globe.

But that isn't really relevant to political manipulation of the Supreme Court to strip away more rights of the people.

a reply to: UKTruth

No one is going to be confiscating guns in America. It's just not logistically feasible.

Now, I wouldn't put it past them to pass laws that allow them to slap more gun related charges on people whether a gun was involved in the crime or not. But confiscation will never happen.

Or ban ammo.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Second Amendment recognises the "natural" right to keep and bear arms.

It protects that right from abridgement.

When did Chelsea Clinton get elected?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

No politician in their right mind would destroy a 16 billion dollar industry. Not even Hilldog.
To big to fail ring a bell?
www.ibisworld.com...
www.shootingindustry.com...

edit on 23-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It seems we are constantly fighting our government over rights.

Privacy rights.
Rights to free expression.
Gun rights.

And we have those who will defend the government at every turn, so it certainly is plausible.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It seems we are constantly fighting our government over rights.

Privacy rights.
Rights to free expression.
Gun rights.

And we have those who will defend the government at every turn, so it certainly is plausible.

When they get rid of third item on your list, the first two will go very swiftly. They are being eroded now, I would not say they are gone, I firmly believe US has it much better than anywhere in the world on those first two items. But they are slowly being eroded generationally. Take the firearms, it will happen at a speed no one will comprehend.

I know I am not saying anything that hasn't been said 1 Million times. Just felt the need to say it.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

No politician in their right mind would destroy a 16 billion dollar industry. Not even Hilldog.
To big to fail ring a bell?
www.ibisworld.com...
www.shootingindustry.com...

If Hillary gets gets elected, lets wait and see what her 'definitive' ruling on gun control is.

Lets hope you are not guilty of this:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The first is, it went up in smoke along with the twin towers. The second is in a state of limbo, fluctuating on a whim. And the third should never have existed in the first place. All it gives is false security.
edit on 23/4/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

So you don't believe in the right to defend oneself against criminals or a criminal government.

Your post is a good example of why we are losing these rights. You'd defend the authoritarian state.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I admit it your thread title got me.

I also totally agree with you. If it wasn't for the left trying to take away 1st and 2nd amendment rights all the time they would win every election.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join