It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

River near fracking site bursts into flames

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

So unless we're traveling back in time to frack natural gas from the past; I'm done looking for the video.

Heck yes now this thread is going somewhere. I really think you may be onto something Numbra.
edit on 24-4-2016 by SmurfRider because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

I don't buy it. Sure I suppose it does happen, but at 1:05 in the video, you can see black piping under the water going to the right side of the screen, perfectly inline with where the bubble are coming up. It just seems set up to me, having not investigated this one second beyond watching the video and noticing that piping.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Methane seeping from the ground happens naturally. It is a well known phenomenon. Google it.

What annoys me is the tendency of people who don't want something (e.g. fracking, nuclear, wind, sheep) to propagate rubbish painted as fact.

Yes. the Greeks have had methane leaks for thousands of years, themopelie springs to mind (spelling could be wrong, spell checker does not recognise it at all) called the iron gates in that stupid film '300' as the Greeks did not have iron then, anyway, the ground was alight then, and still is.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Methane seeping from the ground happens naturally. It is a well known phenomenon. Google it.

What annoys me is the tendency of people who don't want something (e.g. fracking, nuclear, wind, sheep) to propagate rubbish painted as fact.

Yes it does happen naturally.

The problem is when humans trigger it to happen, instead of mother nature.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: olaru12

But that's not what is happening here, there is no cover up.

You state that as a fact. Show me the proof. Here is how it works. If you say or show something that seems unusual, the burden of proof is upon you. So please show me undeniable proof that this is true as you state.

Or...admit you don't know crap and are lying by representing your opinion as fact.
edit on 4/25/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Isn't the video in the OP enough proof that this isn't being covered up?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Methane seeps are a natural phenomenon and people have reported methane in their water supplies and "flaming taps" long before fracking ever existed. The last time this came up there was even a video posted showing a town whose methane laced water supply was turned into a flaming fountain in a town square somewhere between the 50s and 70s, but for the life of me I can neither remember the name of the town or find the video.

While fracking may increase the prevalence of seeps in nearby areas, flaming well water has been around for hundreds of years and I sincerely doubt fracking is whats causing the methane seepage on the ocean floor.

How convenient you can't provide a source for this flaming methane town!

How convenient you can't be bothered to do a quick google search to find literally dozens of articles and studies that show case natural methane seeps have existed in this manner for as long as we've been drilling wells for water that show case the very evidence illustrating the concept behind a singular example that I simply can't find.

How awfully convenient, that interesting articles like the one I mentioned get buried under the myriad of copy-paste blog articles and reactionary fear driven bull#; how convenient too, that you would simply ignore everything else in the post but focus on the video I mention off-handedly as though it's the holy grail.

energyindepth.org...
1960's

news.google.com...,4617703&dq=methane+in+well+water&hl=en
1980's

www.google.com...
Numerous historic accounts from various towns including two aptly named "Burning Springs"

So unless we're traveling back in time to frack natural gas from the past; I'm done looking for the video.

Never disputed methane leaks. I'm very familiar with methane. What I questioned was a town's fountain system lighting up in flames due to a natural leak. May or may not be true, just seems like I would have stumbled upon it over the past few years since I wrote the book on methane, and spent nearly two years researching methane and Googling just about everything concerning methane.
edit on 26-4-2016 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join