It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The number 9 enigma

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Cool thread!

So listen.. 9 is a square, its the only number in the sacred geometrics i was shown that has 4 equal sides.

You make a grid with 1 thru 9 repeating along top and sides and do the multiplications but always reduce to digital roots. Meaning you only get a 1-9 result. You get a huge graph sheet of odd repeating numbers. Start connecting the dots on similar numbers and look at the patterns. ESPECIALLY the patterns as they relate to 9.

4 and 3 are the same patterns but a flipped mirror image, same with 5 and 2, 6 and 3, and of course 1 and 8. But 9 is an exact square, even when you flip it like the rest. Its odd to me.

You can do some things with the patterns if you make the grid large enough, the patterns appear fractal like

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Thank you for making the thread and causing a little Epiphany Epilepsy.

Also I thank a few of the other posters for adding good pieces of the puzzle.

And yes Jung wrote some great stuff about the collective conscious and archetypes. Check out his work it's excellent.

Plus I'd like to add that words are complex mathematics, because like you mentioned it's binary at it's base. Our brains are essentially computers that deal in math.

So all that pop culture, mythology,etc, is actually just masked mathematic principles at play in a sophisticated way.

Maybe I'll add a few more pieces later for fun to trip you out.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

An Epiphany Epilepsy! That made me me laugh, good one

Could you elaborate on how words are complex maths and have binary at there base?
Recalling certain words/names and an inability to spell correctly half the time are particular weaknesses of my mind. You might be able to provide some insight into that.
Also if the brain is a computer essentially dealing in math, why is it so slow and cumbersome when it comes to maths compared to even the most basic computer? It's probably plethora of other things the brain has to deal with, but I would appreciate yours and others thoughts on the subject.

Lastly if you don't mind, how the hell do you embed an image from an external sight on here? I've tried reading a tutorial but it seems to deal with an older version of ATS and when I try adding an image from my library all I get is a box with an x in it appear on the screen.
I can communicate much more efficiently if I can say a the equivalent of thousand words in one go! Perhaps that is why the brain prefers to recall things in images? For instance you can recall strings of numbers or lists so much better if you weave a story around them.
Thanks

edit on 26-4-2016 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2016 by surfer_soul because: formatting wong again

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
9 is the physical representation of the holy trinity:
3+3+3 (9).

What I find odd is lately, I found myself repeating this randomly in my head "Number 9.... number 9..... Number 9".
Yeah, I'm a weird kid, but still... Don't know why its popped in my head lately, and feels somehow soothing.

So when I saw your post, of course I had to click it!

^_^

Side note: Number 9 was a cute movie... =P

Edit: try it and see if it does anything for you. Say it in Ben Steiner's voice from that Bueller movie, but instead of " Bueller" say "Number Nine".
edit on 4/27/2016 by iammrhappy86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
PlaNet 9 aNyoNe?
Thats gotta meaN somethiNg

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

It sounds like your describing what is known as the Vedic square, do you mean like this?

Notice how 3 and 6 share the same pattern sequence while all other numbers have a sequence of 1 through to 9 both vertically and horizontally.

You can do the same thing with a square of only 8 numbers say, and different patterns emerge. Just not as interesting as with 9 in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

What I find odd is lately, I found myself repeating this randomly in my head "Number 9.... number 9..... Number 9".

If you haven't heard The Beatles Revolution number nine song as posted earlier in this thread by MysticMushroom then you might be in for a strange synchro...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Forget my previous reply to you, I know what you mean about words being complex maths I had a fuzzy head and thought you were suggesting words are binary at their base. Of course with various programing languages all kinds of software is written from useful apps to immersive virtual gaming worlds. at the core of the electronics(hardware) enabling these software programs is just a series of logic gates that can either be 'on' or 'off' and thus a binary system.

Modern hardware may be more elaborate these days but essentially it can all be done with a binary system, the 'language' of computers.
I can't help wondering if it's the same with reality, that everything is information. That the material universe is essentially energy arranged in patterns and constructs of information. And that it can all be broken down into a binary system? For example matter and the theorized anti matter, particles and waves, positive and negative charges etc...
The atom is made up of the positively charged proton and the negatively charged electron and the neutron with no charge, perhaps that's where the trinity comes in? I realize the science of subatomics is much more complicated than this but find it very interesting none the the less.

P.s I've figured out how to embed images from my library now at least, it would make life easier if I could embed directly from an external source though, but maybe that's not allowed.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
And there is the cool party trick of multiplying by Nines on your hands.

Hold up both hands, palms away. From left to right. Pinky (L) is one. What is 1 X 9? Put your pinky down.

What is 2 x 9? Put your ring finger (L) down. Three is the middle, four is the index, etc.

Works for all fingers!

Learned that one in third grade and never bothered to memorize multiplying by nines! Still in use today!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

If you haven't heard The Beatles Revolution number nine song as posted earlier in this thread by MysticMushroom then you might be in for a strange synchro...

0_0

Yeah I hadn't heard this before, and it's blowing my mind.

I love the classical piece with it; exactly the kind of music I love to listen to attempt to compose myself.

Listening to it in stereo headset through me for a loop too; the way it shoots from right to left and left to right.

What's the meaning behind all this?

Well, you just helped me figure out what I'm researching tonight.

Thanks. ^_^

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

i spoke about this earlier in the year.....

try this...

take any number eg. 133

1+3+3 = 7 so 133-7 = 126

6+2+1 = 9

always 9.....

someone explained to me why it is so, but i struggle to find it at this moment in time!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
And there is the cool party trick of multiplying by Nines on your hands.

Hold up both hands, palms away. From left to right. Pinky (L) is one. What is 1 X 9? Put your pinky down.

What is 2 x 9? Put your ring finger (L) down. Three is the middle, four is the index, etc.

Works for all fingers!

Learned that one in third grade and never bothered to memorize multiplying by nines! Still in use today!

I don't get what the trick is.... Why put the pinky down/at 1x9? (Unless you start at zero).
And why put the left hand's ring finger down at 2x9!?

I don't get it.... Sorry. =

My trick was simpler I think. X*9 = (10*9)-X. And you can verify you did the math right by making sure it adds up to '9'.
Or, the way I taught my niece who somehow has difficulty understanding the simplicity of multiplying by 10 (that ADHD must be to blame, I don't get how adding a zero can be so hard a concept to grasp...)
Ex:

X*9. Put [X-1] as the dozen, and 9-[X-1] as the unit.
So, 2x9: 2-1=(1). 9-(1) = 8. So 18.
7x9: 7-1=(6). 9-(6) = 3. So 63.

I also showed her how the table looks, and it could help her memorize:

(All 0-9, just one in reverse order).

Gave her 3 ways to make it easy and she has no trouble with her 9s anymore. ^_^

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
*sigh*

9 is the most active change number. Everyone born in the last century has a 9 in their birthday, it explains the rapid growth and globalization of the world in the last century.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
I had two awesome birthday parties.
One on 9/9/99 and one on 9/9/9.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Each remaining finger are the digits of the multiple!
1 X 9 = 9 (L pinky down, nine fingers up)
2 X 9 = 18 (L ring finger down, L pinky up = 1, remaining fingers = 8; i.e., "18")
Next is "27" 2 fingers up left hand, middle L down, 7 fingers up remaining for the rest
36 is 3 fingers up on the left hand, index L folded down, with six remaining up for the rest.
etc.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I can't help wondering if it's the same with reality, that everything is information. That the material universe is essentially energy arranged in patterns and constructs of information. And that it can all be broken down into a binary system? For example matter and the theorized anti matter, particles and waves, positive and negative charges etc...
The atom is made up of the positively charged proton and the negatively charged electron and the neutron with no charge, perhaps that's where the trinity comes in? I realize the science of subatomics is much more complicated than this but find it very interesting none the the less.

P.s I've figured out how to embed images from my library now at least, it would make life easier if I could embed directly from an external source though, but maybe that's not allowed.

Sorry for the delayed response, about the images yeah I think that's the only way to post them (via the upload database).

About what you said above I generally think that is True give or take.
Modern scientific developments are already tipping in that direction, to essentially view the Universe itself as a construct based entirely on the binary function. I'm glad you brought up the subatomic aspect of this and I'll go ahead and post a few additions to my little word game I was playing the other day. I actually had around 10 links saved on my phone from the last post but held back because I just don't wanna spam too much (I've got a problem with that when I find a loophole and want to exploit it - I'm not obsessive compulsive I'm just dedicated and focused hahah!).

I'll post that addition next in a moment...
It's just a lil bit.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom I had two awesome birthday parties. One on 9/9/99 and one on 9/9/9.
a reply to: Phage

Your joking right? Please tell me your joking...

Otherwise I'm convinced something to weird is going on...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
No.
My birthdate is September 9.
I have acquaintance with two others with the same.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

There are other interesting patterns involving multiples of nine: 12345679 × 9 = 111111111 12345679 × 18 = 222222222 12345679 × 81 = 999999999

Well, actually...

123456789 x 9 = 1,111,111,101 not 111,111,111. There are still (9) 1's, but there's also a zero in there.

Same holds true for 18...

123456789 x 18 = 2,222,222,202 not 222,222,222. Again, still (9) 2's, but also a zero in the 10x place.

And this repeats itself for 36 with 4's.

Not sure what to make of that. Still bizarre, but intriguing.

Interesting thread! S&F!

edit on 4/30/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Interestingly (following on my last post)...

If you multiply...

12345678 x 9, you get 111,111,102 (note: we left out the '9')

and if you multiply...

12345678 x 18, you get 222,222,204 (again, leaving out the '9'')

In both cases, the result is a (7) count of the divisor, with a '0' in the 10x spot and a multiple of the divisor as a last digit.

(wow, strange)

Same for 27..

12345678 x 27 = 333,333,306

The interesting part here is, as the multiple increases, so does the digit after the zero '0', by a factor of 2.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join