It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The number 9 enigma

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Well Done Lads...
A Fine Read. But... Did You Know... That The Ninth Plague Was Darkness...???

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: surfer_soul

I mean geometric shapes like the Pythagorean solids seem to have the number nine built into there structures.

You are talking like a numberist. Your base 10 bias is showing.

I see what your getting at and why you would think I have a base 10 bias, I would like to think of it more as an affinity rather than a bias though. I think other base systems are interesting too, for example base 8, base 12 and especially base 2.

I knew I would be accused of being a numberist sooner or later, but some of my best friends are from other bases.
Go consult the I ching if you don't believe me, I think you will find that both Ying and Yang back me up. Ha

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The pattern within the Fibinacci numbers has always been a favorite of mine. 1----1----2----3----5-----8------13----21----34------55-----89-----144 1----1----2----3----5-----8------4-----3------7-------1-------8-------9 233-377-610-987-1597-2584-4181-6765-10946-17711-28657-46368 8----8----7----6----4-----1------5-----6------2-------8-------1-------9 It shows a perfect growth ratio in two steps that balance each other out each cycle. Reminds me of a wave pattern if you were to graph it numerically. With the Peak being the first set of numbers and the trough being the second set with the nine signifying the point where the wave touches back at the zero point. Something like that.

I like the way of thinking of it as a cycle or wave pattern as you describe, with the nine signifying the end of the previous cycle or the beginning of the next. No doubt you will have noticed that the reduced numbers all add up to nine from the corresponding cycle as well? I find it fascinating.

Here's another one for you that you might like. 7's. Divide anything by 7 and you'll get the same sequence of numbers. 1/7 = 0.142857... 2/7 = 0.285714... 3/7 = 0.428571... 4/7 = 0.571428... 5/7 = 0.714285... 6/7 = 0.857142... It keeps going only obviously with a 1 in front of the decimal. Notice how it creates the same pattern of numbers both horizontal and vertical. Also note that the only numbers missing from the pattern are the 3,6,9.. But if you add them together across and reduce to a single digit you'll get 9. 1+4+2+8+5+7=27 or 9

That's fascinating too, thanks for sharing! It's essentially a re-arrangement of the same numbers. With the arrangement being such that no number repeats itself the same place vertically on the grid in the same place until the 7th number.
8/7 = 1.142857
9/7 = 1.285714
10/7=1.428571
11/7=1.571428
12/7=1.714285
13/7=1.857142
Had to check and the pattern does repeat itself...
15/7=2.142857
22/7=3.142857
29/7= wait I think I can guess one! would it be 4.142857 by any chance?
Or what about 55 say? its 6 steps up from 49 and corresponding to 6 or 13 on the grids above so I will opt for 7.857142
Right again!
It's relatively new to me most of this stuff, which is probably why I find it so intriguing. I'm guessing it will be for others too.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Me again lol. Stupid question but do you think that this makes for proof of intelligent design? To me it would appear that way. Again this is one of the more fascinating threads I have seen on any site.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Not really no, or as a German would say nein

I'm not intelligent enough unfortunately to provide proof of intelligent design one way or the other. But I'm not alone in that at least, it is after all, a deep and heady subject. All science can give us is there was a big bang and before that a singularity, that's my current understanding anyway. What a singularity is I have no idea, something like a black hole?
Whatever the case I am inclined to believe in the concept of a creator. I find it hard to believe that matter/energy was able to animate itself into intelligent, thinking, creating beings, capable through introspection, of knowing itself and through observance it's environment, to the point that it is becomes self aware, forgets what it really is, and starts questioning everything...

Then again it could have happened like that, but its just as mind boggling as the concept of intelligent design to me.
Anyway that's just my opinion and I'm sure there are some good threads on that subject.

On a side note, you might want to check out Manly P Halls work if your not familiar with it already. I'm sure you will find it very interesting.

P.s I'm glad you enjoyed the thread, if I'd known the effort it would take I might not have bothered. Kudos to the writers out there.

edit on 24-4-2016 by surfer_soul because: missed out a sentence

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Good thread.

I got a neat word play trick I discovered that I'll share:

Nine is a common mistaken spelling for "Nein", meaning "No" in German.

No is a homophone with "Know".

Nova means "New", a homophone of "Knew".
Nova backwards is Avon, and Avon advertised in the magazine Nova according to a google search.

Novem and nonus are prefixes meaning 9 in Latin.
Non means No as a prefix like in non-smoking, etc.

Now in Dutch, Swedish, and a few others is Nu, and in Afrikans it is Nou.

Ninevah is an ancient city in Mesopotamia, though the name's origin is unclear it's generally associated with NIN, meaning Lady-woman, and is also associated with fish and rivers.

Nina in various languages is girl, as is Nin, and NIN is Nine Inch Nails. Speaking of nails, Jesus was said to have died on the ninth hour.

NIN is also a Serbian 'New'smagazine, that gives out the NIN or 'Ninova' award for good 'novels'.

Ok now wiki Nion the Ogham letter, it was also Nin, and associates with Nun in Semetic. In the Tanakh there are 9 instances of an inverted Nun, according to wiki. It's also associated with fish, snakes, and water/rivers.

And of course a nun has no sex or none. She's suppose to be a virgin or "new" for when she gets to finally 'know' God. Know is an old way of saying having sexual relations. Carnal knowledge, etc.

Ngono means sex in Swahili and it's probably a no-no because in 9 months you'll have a newborn.

You see Gnomeo and Juliet is a 2011 film about two young gnomes that wanted to make Love but were caught up in a war, they lived in Stratford Upon what? Avon.

Did you know the Gnome 9 cylinder engine was called one of the greatest advancements in early aircraft history?

And did you know in the game Neo Scavenger theres a Gnome Diner?
"Nina Never Knew" (its a song, look it up).

And of course Gno means Know. Im sure Nina knew that and didn't say nein.

Here's a cool graphic I lifted that explains what Im doing here:

I could do this all day...it goes on and on.
Reread what I just wrote and Know, let that sink in with the numerical enigma 9. Don't say no or nein.
edit on 4/24/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
9 Is the "sacred number" for the Baha'i Faith.

They have temples all over the world, each with nine entrances. Quite beautiful! They are building a new one in Chile called "The Temple of Light" which looks like it will be amazing...

India:

Chile:

America - near Chicago

Anyway, just thought I'd share. These are some incredible buildings. Each one of these three required the development of new architectural techniques, as well.

- AB

Thank You very great post!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Coming off the top of my head. The number nine can be considered the last number since after it only becomes a repeat of 1.

So I could see the idea of 9 being so significant

One thing they say about mathematics…it never lies

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I was thinking of mentioning the city Nin in Croatia or how 'Now' in Czech sounds like 'ninety', or maybe how Nine Inch Nails released albums under labels like "Nothing" and "Null", but Catwoman wants me to talk about how she's got '9 Lives' instead.

Let's also look for rhymes with 9 like dine or shine or whine-wine...

"Neigh"?
It's a type of whine a horse makes, but its neighbor is the homophone "Nay", meaning No.

Nigh means near ('the end is nigh'), but since this is about endings, darkness, emptiness, etc, let's talk about how "The Night Begins to Shine" at 9 and how thats a famous song sung in "Teen Titans" and was used during a prank played on the Dark Knight, Batman.

You see, one of Batman's greatest foes is the Riddler, real name E. Nigma. And in the series

he's trying to sleuth out Catwoman's mysterious death.

Wait I'm lost... I thought we were talking about the Matrix....

Since this is based on a fighting theme I'll mention that in the game BattleCats there is a "Neo Psycho Cat", and in Mechwarrior there's the NovaCat which can use ATM 9's.

But really just google combos of those words and you'll find tons of hits, from companies to fictional representations, films, books, etc.

There's something strange going on between cats and 9s and magic, probably has to do with nuns and "Love Potion #9" I'd guess, which in the film Paul discovers Potion 8 worked when his cat ate some of it....

Anyways I need to stop this as it's driving even me crazy and I gotta get back to work....

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The Beatles felt something was interesting about the number 9:

It sounds really weird through headphones.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well Nine is a Perfect number. What Migene Gonzales-Wipples says in his "The Complete Book of Amulets & Talismans" 1991 by Llewellyn Publications St Paul, MN 55164 USA
ISBN 954-624-197-1

...Nine - This is other very mystical number. Probably its most interesting characteristic is that it could be multiplied by any other number and the result of the sum from the numbers consisting in the outcome is always nine. It had been called the number of attainment and spiritual perfection. probably the reason for this is that it is made by multiplying 3 by 3 the most mystical number. In its nature this number expresses the life with all its struggles, but with the result under the form of imminent success. This is symbolized by the fact that embryonal development of the human is nine months. The hidden meaning of this number is one of the most greatest secrets of the occultism, secret that has been hidden by many ways. It symbolizes the matter that cannot be destroyed and by this manner it expresses the cosmic prime-impulse. The astrological ruler of this number is Mars.

Another book by Frank Don named "Colour MAgic" 1987 by The Aquarian Press Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, Great Britain
ISBN: 954-428-029-4

states:

(first the author state why the colors have seven grades and numbers nine grades and how they unite these two systems but that I shall miss to translate, unless it is intriguing someone very much, going directly to quote the page about number eight and nine)

...We continue further , reaching the two colors which we named pink and golden. As we already stated we include them here, because of our intention to unite the colors with the numbers, thus to attain a technique for self-analysis, for making our lives better. In the number seven we find the cycle of the Earthly laws. On other hand the number nine is bound to the law of dynamics of every process. When we pass from the seven graded cycle of the colors to the nine-graded cycle of the numbers, firstly we reach to the pink - a color similar to the red, just on a higher octave. From the pink we pass to the orange on higher octave which we called - golden. It marks the end of the cycle in dynamics of the process. The light of wisdom shines for everyone. By giving example and sharing its insights with the other, the golden express the perfect beauty of life.

This fella on ATS also considers 9 a perfect Number.

In 9 we trust!

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

my favorite number nine video.

jazzy blues riff.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
9 is the number of Saturn
Saturn rules judgement and the color black.
9 Supreme Court justices. (except now)
There are 9 gods in the Egyptian Ennead.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Doc Brown believed he could read peoples mind, this doctor claims the problem is the ghost of toxic thoughts.

www.drstathas.com...-255915

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

I think the beauty of intelligent design is that we have proved by now that design isn't intelligent, it's just practical. The system dictates the conditions, the design has to adapt after learning it's conditions and requisites. 9 is a number just like any other number. I think the number 7428641 is a really awesome number.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So last night after working I was laying there on Cloud 9 and began thinking... and I realized there are all sorts of connections between Cats, 9, Nin, Neo, Nova, Nun, Zero and Nothingness, etc.

In terms of the Matrix, 9 is the Trinity of Trinities.
And Trinity likes the Dominatrix leather outfits like Catwoman, who in one (or more) storylines was originally a Dominatrix, thus the whip. This also references the whip, the Cat of Nine Tails.

One of NIN's recent albums is "Year Zero", and Catwomans sister Maggie is a Nun that goes by the name of "Sister Zero", and Trinity is the site of the atom bomb experiment known as Ground Zero.

Lets see here, there's so many I can barely scratch the surface.

When you get married, the Ring goes on your 9th finger, probably because of 9 months.

The Zero is the Alpha and the 9 is Omega btw.

Google combos of these words its insane what you'll find. Like the Nova-9 sub machine gun, or the highly popular theme of "Ninja Nuns" which btw, Ninja is 'Nin' and they use nunchucks (which often have 9 inch handles).

More game references:

Nina Cortex is Dr Neo Cortex's niece or daughter in another popular series.

Neo Cloud 9 is an album I found, etc etc.

The "Animatrix" based on the Matrix film trilogy is composed of 9 episodes....

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So Neo, what's your hypothesis explaining this strange phenomena?

Hmmm, interesting. What if the Universe was collapsing? Does that mean it's expanding inwards?

I admit, I do find it an amazing coincidence that in MegaMan 9 he gets the 'black hole bomb' and that one of the primary characters found in several renditions of the series is named "Zero".

Or that in this other game, Advance Wars (and its sequal Black Hole Rising), the antagonist is the "Black Hole Army". And from a quick glance it seems there are 9 vehicles available like neotanks and megatanks. How bizarre.

And it also seems music artists love the theme as there seems to be several groups or albums named "Black Hole Nine" or variations upon that.

Maybe its part of the subconscious or collective conscious via imbedded archetypes? For example as pointed out earlier, Saturn-Kronos is the allegorical personification of Death, Time, and Darkness. Also it relates the concept of rings, circles, or cycles (and the sickle).

Also another member brought up the famous song Revolution #9 above, which revolving is circular or cyclical. Numbers act this way, repeating to infinity, as is the theme of this thread.

Perhaps a refresher course on Neo-Newtonian physics is in order? I see NOVA has some good programs about it. And this book looks cool:

So are we witnessing the effects of an

Or is this an illusion created by the functions of the holographic Matrix we are in? Or is it a mere psycho-social phenomena based on the fact things are very finite and simple despite their initial misleading perception of complexity and infinite diversity?

Am I just taking advantage of a loophole to play a neat word game? Is it Magic? Or is it another mysterious Riddle by E. Nigma?

Could it be all of these or a combination of them?
edit on 4/25/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hmmm, ok, so in Michio Kaku's book Visions I remember him suggesting that the Universe could have come from "nothingness being unstable".

Also I was wondering about the idea of the "Big Bang" or "Creation" and thought how it is somewhat comparable to a Supernova event but this is more like a Meganova as it involves the entire Universe itself exploding outwards.

Also in a funny way, the Trinity event (atom bomb) causes me to see (loosely speaking) atomic fission as a micro version of the stellar supernova in the macro sense. The idea of implosions or collapses even comes up as black holes are theorized to originate in some instances from supernova events, though there could be other causes.

A lot of people like to discuss these things and it isnt uncommon to find suggestions our Universe could be the white hole side of a greater black hole, or variations of this theme. They also represent "endings" thematically.

Everything is cyclical and so of course as I explore the linguistic and psychological connections derived from "9" we can see specific themes and terms consistently reappear as we delve into it.

So it's no surprise wiki calls a Supernova a "titanic" explosion, because the term "titan" was invoked earlier. We have Saturn-Kronos, Teen Titans, and of course on Bicycles you can purchase "Matrix Titan rims" because everything in the Universe rotates or revolves cyclically including our own lexicon and all of the names we give to things around us.

Now, in Marvel Comics we have Nova, a character that appears all over but is often associated with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and in this particular storyline has to help stop Thanos (allegorical personification of Death, Thanatos) from killing the Universe.

Note that Thanos is called "The Mad Titan" and is also originally from Saturn's moon, Titan.

Or in another storyline, we have the other Nova character, a herald of Galactus, who also has to save the Universe. This also relates with the multiverse concept and explains Abraxis.

Within the context of the stories, Abraxas is a cosmic entity who embodies the destruction of the entirety of the Marvel multiverse. The existence of Galactus prevents him from emerging.

And oddly enough, this entry on the wiki is alphabetically right after "Abominatrix", which is weird.

Anyways, the working theory here is that I could run with this methodology and should be able to continually loop themes and terms with 9 consistently.
edit on 4/25/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This thread was interesting until it ended up with comics.

Childish.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Hey it seems you know your comics, games and movies man! I honestly thought you were trying to connect to much at one point but now I understand your thinking more clearly I think you've brought some very interesting points to the discussion, thanks.

Maybe its part of the subconscious or collective conscious via imbedded archetypes? For example as pointed out earlier, Saturn-Kronos is the allegorical personification of Death, Time, and Darkness. Also it relates the concept of rings, circles, or cycles (and the sickle). Also another member brought up the famous song Revolution #9 above, which revolving is circular or cyclical. Numbers act this way, repeating to infinity, as is the theme of this thread. Perhaps a refresher course on Neo-Newtonian physics is in order? I see NOVA has some good programs about it. And this book looks cool:

I think I will have to get that book, and I like the idea of collective embedded archetypes , didn't Carl Jung have something to say about that? Also the word play and phonetics is very intriguing too.

Or is this an illusion created by the functions of the holographic Matrix we are in? Or is it a mere psycho-social phenomena based on the fact things are very finite and simple despite their initial misleading perception of complexity and infinite diversity? Am I just taking advantage of a loophole to play a neat word game? Is it Magic? Or is it another mysterious Riddle by E. Nigma? Could it be all of these or a combination of them?

Interesting and cool synopsis, I think it could be a valid proposition that at some point the universe will collapse back into itself, completing the cycle of the expansion, something like everything eventually getting sucked into black holes until they absorb each other as well.
I also like the idea of things being very simple despite there being seemingly endless complexity and diversity.
Binary or the base 2 number system for example consists entirely of 1's and 0's yet arranged in certain sequential patterns can encode anything, and therefore can also be extremely complex.

Thanks for your thoughts, I have the feeling I'm gonna come away with more questions than answers with this thread.

edit on 25-4-2016 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join