It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory is that all aliens look a lot like homo sapiens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here is my theory on aliens being physically like all homo sapins on earth. Humans live on a round planet and are conscious beings. We have our anatomy geometrically rational and symmetrical. There are no exeptions on our planet that would prove otherwise. If we know that all other planets are round also, and that consciousness is synonim of rational mind in rational body, which allows our species to progress and evolve, then it is rational to presume that all other alien species born on other round planets also have rational minds in rational bodies. I want to keep this theory clean and simple. Let's see how many are agree with this theory.
edit on 23 4 2016 by Conspirologist because: edit

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Conspirologist

I totally agree, bifocal vision, an opposed thumb, all the senses as close to the brain as possible, = humans.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Conspirologist
Here is my theory on aliens being physically like all homo sapins on earth. Humans live on a round planet and are conscious beings. We have our anatomy geometrically rational and symmetrical. There are no exeptions on our planet that would prove otherwise. If we know that all other planets are round also, and that consciousness is synonim of rational mind in rational body, which allows our species to progress and evolve, then it is rational to presume that all other alien species born on other round planets also have rational minds in rational bodies. I want to keep this theory clean and simple. Let's see how many are agree with this theory.

Some think that Dolphins may be as intelligent as humans.

They look NOTHING like us.

Your thesis runs into major problems without even leaving planet Earth.

But keep speculating.. speculation can be good and it's fun to hear others ideas.

Kev

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Agreed. Look at how science is trying to replicate life. The better their designs get the more 'life like' they become.

I forget the term, most life is bipedal, with two eyes, ears, legs, wings, sexes…

I don't know of any with one eye, one leg, ear, wing…

Makes sense...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Well no. It could be anything, as long as it developed hands, to build and use tools. Ants which developed five fingers and a thumb on the end of their antennas.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

The hell. They have two eyes, limbs, a brain, organs, all the same. They pump red blood in their veins, digest food, crap and breathe air, just like us.

They share 9o something percent of our genes.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I agree that most technological species would likely be similar to us because our design lends it self to technological advancement , bipedal with opposable thumbs beats flippers and a tail for the creation of tools.

I disagree that all intelligent Aliens will look like us though , intelligence and self awareness are not dictated by technological advancement in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
hmm.

Makes me think how we created God and of course made it so he looks like us, or us like him right?

Hows this that much different?

Why wouldn't they be a blob of highly intelligent fungus?

The Blorg only seek friendship.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The hell. They have two eyes, limbs, a brain, organs, all the same. They pump red blood in their veins, digest food, crap and breathe air, just like us.

The post was about phenotype not genotype.
edit on 23-4-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Body structure probably varies from world to world. But I do believe given enough time in a terrestrial environment, a humanoid form will arise. The surroundings of any being largely dictate the physical outcome.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I also agree, my thoughts are aliens from other parts of the solar system are well advanced. They can take on the form of a human.
Living amongst us without being noticed.
Just my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

All within the goldilocks zone, on any pale blue dot, wherever they may be found.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
maybe they are time traveling humans from earths future or interdimensional beings from earths other dimension?
edit on 23-4-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

There is the belief that "they" walk among us here on Earth. If true, it lends credibility to your point.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

See I fit in.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I've always wondered about the diversity of planets with possible life. Do they have 26 billion species? Do they have bugs? Pets? How different to the beings look from one another?
Inquiring minds want to know...

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I believe its possible if an alien race long ago decided to take some humans from Earth and transplant them into other worlds.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If not for Octopods and their capabilities I'd agree. I don't think our for is the only possible outcome for success.
edit on 4/23/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

All within the goldilocks zone, on any pale blue dot, wherever they may be found.

No.

Life could evolve without water, making the goldilocks zone irrelevant.

This human fixation on the human form is just silly.

Kev

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I agree with you for different reasons. Setting aside technological intelligences, if we met 'biological aliens' in our neighbourhood, I believe they'd be humanoid in shape.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join