It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan Volcanic Steam Vent Activity Increases Live Footage | Mini Ice Age 2015-2035 (151)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

This is another great video by David Dubyne. This is probably one of the most interesting videos that I've seen him put out.

He is visiting a volcano in Taiwan, checks out their monitoring equipment data, explores the mountain. Really informative.

The composition of the gasses being emitted from the steam vents changed during both the Japan and Ecuador quakes. Also he noted temperature spikes at the location during those events. It only adds to the interconnectedness of these climatic events. It is more evidence of what is going on.

It would be interesting to find this data for other active volcanoes around the planet during the same time frames. ETA, besides the obvious eruptions of Aso, Popo, and the others I can't recall the name of. I am more interested in the restless sleepers such as this one.

Hope you guys check it out.
edit on 23-4-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

There has been a chill in the air for some time and I mentioned the possibility of a mini ice age to my neighbour over a few beers and he gave me on elf his quizzical looks but maybe who knows because this chill seems different its perm eating everything.

Great video

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

In my layman's terms.

I think this is that beautiful, calm, warm day right before the cold front hits, but on a cosmic scale.

If that makes any sense.

My opinion is beside the point, I'll let people draw their own conclusions.

edit on 23-4-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
People are going to look at you funny because we've just had a very strong El Nino. Things are warm right now as a consequence, but because people have no sense of perspective, they forget that we do have events like it every decade to decade and a half or so; the last one was 17 years ago. Strong El Ninos pump a lot of heat into the atmosphere. The question is ... does the heat stay or does it go back down?

We'll know if a similarly strong La Nina crops up which tends to have a reversing effect on what El Nino does.

And, of course, a strong volcanic eruption erases all of it in a matter of hours to days.

Then there is the matter of the sun to consider. The sun remains quiet, and may continue to do so for quite some time.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

All well documented points.

This El Nino is fizzling particularly quickly from what I've heard and read. I saw projections this morning that are calling for cooler than average climate in my area for this year. I'm sure that all of it will prove to be interesting.

I'm a bit of a weather junky though. The stranger it gets, the more I like it.

Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

THANKS FOR THIS.

I consider Taipei one of my homeland areas.

Yang Ming Shan was a beautiful outing area. I'd forgotten about the volcanic outcropping area.

When I read your headline, I thought--oh, is there a volcano down-island that I didn't know about? LOL.

I forget the name of the area of the hot springs just down at the base of Yang Ming Shan, toward the mouth of the river.

I sometimes ache for all the people on the flood plain in large sections of Taipei . . . liquefaction will likely be a real problem.

And I miss the food and the culture. Sigh.

Thanks for this update. I hope there's no eruption any time soon. It is sooooo close to sooooo many people.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I could only imagine seeing this in person.. Eating the food, experiencing the culture... I was so taken aback by the beauty that I have watched it few times now.

I don't think that he is saying that this place is going to "blow" or anything. He is only pointing out that volcanic activity is increasing on a whole.

You are very fortunate to have seen such beauty in person.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Thanks.

I realize he wasn't warning of a soon eruption.

Yeah, I cherished my 14 years there.

They were some of the best years of my life.

[snipped]

edit on 4.24.2016 by Kandinsky because: Snipped by request

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is where I go for my weekly volcano round-ups. If any of the major scientific institutes are showing activity or threats of impending eruption, it will find its way here sooner or later.

They are not mentioning any pending eruption worries with Taiwan currently.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for the resource. I will be following that one. A little humor goes a long way.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
El Niño is slated to be cold this winter on top
of this and other volcanic plumes;
throw in my personal favorite
the Sun is possibly heading towards a nap.
It's about to get very cold I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

They are an interesting bunch. I enjoy the commentary.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Wow! If you get a hold of him, and he lends local perspective, please let us know.

It's always good to have expert commentary to add to the story.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

We have to remember that the the number of culminating factors that we face over the next few decades will lead to climate extremes of both cold and heat, drought and floods.

Have you read about the super-bloom in Death Valley? Climate change is just that. It is change. It can be both catastrophic and creative.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm off to read about it now ,sounds crazy !
it's going to be a bumpy ride.
Great thread btw !

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

edit on 4.24.2016 by Kandinsky because: Snipped by request

So, who's the wannabe Hall Monitor..? By request..?

Whoever you are, shame....context is not content.

edit on 24-4-2016 by BestinShow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join