It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T-rex in aussie country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
ive heard a big rumour of the web that there have been well onbly 2 sightings of a t-rex in austrailia know i was ypung when i did read this but i remember typing "real living dinos" on google so do that id yopu want some proff of mine......but anyway is this rumour true and do u guys know if their have been reports of these things in other parts of the planet

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
No mate, its crap. We have discovered the fossils of huge marsupials but no t-rex I know of. As for living things, we do have big monitors, the perentie being the biggest here, but they aint T-rex. LOl

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
ya i just wanted opne to piss off the people that lived in my lil suberbs lol

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CMAN
ya i just wanted opne to piss off the people that lived in my lil suberbs lol

Just get a huge swarm of locusts like we get in NE australia

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
They had the Giant ripper lizard (Megalania) in Australia. The largest lizard that ever lived it was like 30ft long think huge Komodo dragon. The thing even lived along side the first humans to live down under. That was perhaps as close as humans have ever come to living along a dinosaur.

ID

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Megalania prisca was able to reach on overall length of over 30 feet and could weigh well over 1,000 pounds. Its name, roughly translated, means the ancient giant butcher. Though it is widely believed that this lizard is extinct extremely large lizard tracks presumably those of Megalania prisca were found in July of 1979. Rex Gilroy was able to take a plaster cast of one of these prints before the rest were ruined by rainfall. In 1979 there was also a reported sighting of Megalania prisca, Herpetologist Frank Gordon reported seeing a lizard of over thirty feet running as he started his vehicle after completing some work in the field. Several similar reports were made but none of these sightings have occurred recently.

Below is a quote from the October 1977 Issue of Paranormal and Psychic Australian written by Rex Gilroy.

“According to the folklore of the former tribes of the area around Lake Alexandrina, South Australia, there once lived back in the Dream Time a giant reptilian beast which was taller than the trees and which a great hunter named Wyungare killed by spearing the creature. The monster was said to have moved quickly upon its hind legs whose feet possessed great claws. Its two front legs were too small to be useful and its had a fearsome head with sharp teeth.”

It is very possible that some dinosaurs were able to survive long into the existence of man; however, it is unlikely that they still exist undiscovered to this day. Though this article does not give any hard evidence towards the existence of modern Australian dinosaurs it certainly makes you reconsider the preconceived notion that the reigns of dinosaur and man were completely separated.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Dinosaurs...underwated (loch ness)....maaaybe...but on land...no way. Couldn't survive that long. Plus don't you think dinosaurs might have evolved by now into something different if they had survived that long?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
Dinosaurs...underwated (loch ness)....maaaybe...but on land...no way. Couldn't survive that long. Plus don't you think dinosaurs might have evolved by now into something different if they had survived that long?

well apes supposedly evolved into humans.. and there are still apes around now

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
That would be amazing if there were some Megalanias left in the outback somewhere. I have always thought these creatures were a large part of the orgin of dragon myths and stories. Really what better description of dragon is there a 30 ft flesh eating lizard. It might not have flown or breathed fire but it would kill you all the same.

To anyone that lives in Australia how remote is the outback? Could a large animal like this hide out there undetected?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
No, A beast like a T-rex would require huge amounts of food and water somthing the outback simply doesn't have. IF somehow it could survive I spose it would be possibly since there large areas of the outback where man has never set foot.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
No i dont think something as large as t-rex or megawhatsit could go undetected in the outback today, thor is right, there are not enough resources for them to survive.

About dinos and man co-existing, whats left out of such discussions is any exact definition of dinosaur. if you consider megawhatsit a dinosaur id say thats quite possible, the aboriginals have been living as hunter gathers for 60,000 years, never developed a farming culture, just killed what they needed ,although the burnt land regularly in very remote areas, so if anyone has lived with "dinos" like megawhatsit, its them. It would be intresting to find some more info about dreamtime ledgend regarding reptiles actually, apart from the rainbow serpent, which has been interpreted as several different species of pythons over time. There was a giant python called the wanambi python.

heres some other big stuff
www.smh.com.au...
www.abc.net.au...

[edit on 113131p://580111 by instar]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
A Megalania would not need alot of food to survive since they are reptiles. Without the demand of warm blood alot can make due with 1 large meal a month maybe more.

Dont get me wrong im not even trying to suggest a T-rex could be around a bird has more incommon with T-rex then Megalania would. It would be a close cousin of the Komodo dragon.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
true but there just isnt anything in the remote outback large enough to constitute a meal for meglania except emus and roos, both which would easily outrun one. Nor is there a water source sufficent for a lizard that size, although i suppose they could dig underground sources.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
They were ambush hunters never designed to run prey down. But I think your right the Croc Hunter would be all over one if they were out there
Might be some big monitor lizards out there

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
CRIKEY! WHAT A LITTLE BEAUTY !!! LMAO

I dont think even sir crikey would jump on a megalania!
www.environment.sa.gov.au...

[edit on 123131p://180112 by instar]

new topics

top topics

join