It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions for the followers of Islam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I made this post for a reason and the reason was that for myself, and people like me, who live in a society that not only I know, but my parents and grandparents fought for to defend, the possibility of a religion taking over our society is anathema to everything we have ever wanted.

It matters not anymore anyway, I have decided that the religious side of ATS is not for me, you will not have to suffer my interminable and out of place questions anymore.

I hope this day finds you well, and the rest of the world too.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

originally posted by: Jonjonj
but my parents and grandparents fought for to defend...

I've always found such emotional appeals to be incredibly fallacious, especially considering that vast number of muslims (not to mention other religions and ethnicities than "native christian british) who "fought for to defend" your society (and also died in far greater numbers) than the "native" companions of your parents and grandparents.

And I'll echo what has already been stated in this thread: The idea of a muslim takeover of the UK is the most ridiculous, laughable idea the far right has ever pushed (and there are a lot of laughable ideas to choose from).
edit on 10-5-2016 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi

but my parents and grandparents fought for to defend...

I've always found such emotional appeals to be incredibly fallacious, especially considering that vast number of muslims (not to mention other religions and ethnicities than "native christian british) who "fought for to defend" your society (and also died in far greater numbers) than the "native" companions of your parents and grandparents.

And I'll echo what has already been stated in this thread: The idea of a muslim takeover of the UK is the most ridiculous, laughable idea the far right has ever pushed (and there are a lot of laughable ideas to choose from).

Yeah, what my grandfather died for merits you saying it was fallacious, he should have run away, as the fighting youth of Syria are doing I suppose. Look, I have left this idea far behind, not because I want to but because I have to.

I have no interest in this argument anymore, there is nothing to be debated and nothing to be gained.

I am far from far right in ideology, just in case we ever meet in other threads.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yeah, what my grandfather died for merits you saying it was fallacious, he should have run away, as the fighting youth of Syria are doing I suppose.

No, you using your grandfather's sacrifice for a flimsy argument is fallacious (and probably offensive to his memory).
I don't think you understood my point though. Hundreds of thousands of Muslims, millions of indians, africans, people of all ethnicities and religions fought and died for "your" society, and "people like you", so using such an argument, belittling their sacrifices, to push for ethnic and religious homogeneity in "your society" IS kinda fallacious to put it mildly.

And I didn't say you were far right, I said that the people who pushed the ridiculous idea of a muslim takeover of the UK were.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join