It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A UFO tale (What happened to my mom and her friend in the 60s.)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I love the way this thread was laid out, very different then most ufo threads and it feels so humanly true.

Appreciate the share Mr. Mask!

I too have seen several ships and lights, couple of the amber ones talked about, and a few that are a glowing red.

At this point in my life I lived out in the country side, barely any plane traffic or helicopters (which are loud).

This was outside of Kingston, Ontario about 50KM. That is roughly 3 hours West of Toronto.

Almost every time these lights and ships would be would be travelling the direction of South East if memory serves me right, towards Lake Ontario.

Cool thread, S&F

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

I don't know if you've ever checked out Guy Malone's perspective, or not:

www.alienresistance.org...

He had some teen abduction experiences . . . then learned to stop them.

Has since developed an org to help people do the same.

In all his research, he's never found a single case of abduction wherein the folks involved--at least their family--had not given the entities a spiritually legal 'doorway' more or less inviting to be dinked with.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

thanks for the cool story. ufo sitings have been a recorded throughout history, reported by many famous people, but always brushed under the rug in modern times… they are also prevalent in shamanic art… according to the Christian perspective, this is because any belief in supernatural and its influence on history and people is being hidden, as part of a satanic agenda to make everyone see reality from a materialistic and mechanistic point of view… it's like the cartoon "Scoobee Doo": designed to make us think there is always a material explanation for supernatural occurrences… silly myths like "tooth fairy" "santa" "unicorns as horned horses" etc, also serve this purpose… "evolution" is also part of this and ties into "aliens" because they are always depicted as more "evolved" than us… yet they do things only the worst humans do… abducting and molesting people… DNA complexity and genomic entropy makes this idea look ridiculous… researchers talk about how in the beginning "aliens" were from places like mars and venus… then as tech improved, they were from further away star systems… now most researchers consider them to be other-dimensional…

one quote from a researcher that seems telling:

“The UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors. It actually molds itself in order to fit a given culture.”
--John Ankenberg

Hundreds of cases of ufo/abductees calling on Jesus to end their abuse have been documented.
yt:Unholy Communion: The Fourth Kind Unveiled - Joseph Jordan and Guy Malone
www.youtube.com...

Youtube: Ancient Aliens Debunked
youtu.be...

“Human beings are under the control of a strange force that bends them in absurd ways, forcing them to play a role in a bizarre game of deception.”
--Dr. Jacques Vallee
“The UFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical.”
--Dr. Pierre Guerin
“The UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors. It actually molds itself in order to fit a given culture.”
--John Ankenberg
“One theory that can no longer be taken seriously is that UFOs are interstellar spaceships.”
--Sir Arthur C. Clarke
“The evidence suggests that this is a program.”
--Prof. David Jacobs, Temple Univ.
“Can we exclude the possibility of an extraterrestrial evangelism?”
--”Carl Sagan, The Andreason Affair,” ”Raymond Fowler

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Zaaaaaazer! Always a pleasure to run into you here on the digital sea. I agree that the older UFO sightings get me much more interested than the hoax filled nonsense of view hungry Youtube scam artists of today.

This story in particular is very near and dear to me, so I'm overly glad to see it getting seen here. My mom is also excited to see the replies.

Its been many decades for her- and seeing so many people acknowledge the story now is really awesome for her.

I hope you are well out there my friend. And as always- big hugs!

MM

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this. I also love these anecdotal tales - I always think there's much more credence to tales told from loved ones or people you know well.

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Adding one reason. different races at different times from different places. The genre of ships and occupants seem to change over time.

I can attest to the stigma of talking about these type of experiences. I had one back when and it was something I held in reserve the longest time. I wish I kew where all the people were that were with me that night. Haven't seen them since back then, would dearly love to get heir impressions of what they saw and experienced to compare it after all these years.

Heres a thread with a lot of shapes of unknowns, maybe she thinks something looks familiar?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ask her too about any notion of missing time. And whats that about they came over the house after that?
edit on 23-4-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I am replying later, but wanted to join. Awesome thread!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

I just want to thank each and every one of you for replying, sharing similar experiences or just supporting my mom's story with grace. She spent many years telling nobody about this but close friends or relatives. She has been reading along here and has a smile on her face from all of your comments.

Thanks guys. I can only say I am 100% a sceptic in all things, but I have never doubted her story once (nor has anyone who has sat with her to hear the tale). Makes me happy to know now many others have heard what she has seen and that her story is now out there for anyone to consider.

Hugs.

MM

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I would like to THANK YOU Mr Mask for sharing this with ATS, it's a classic and, in my opinion, important piece of a decades old puzzle that I hope might be solved in my lifetime. I doubt it will but a guy can hope right?

That, and it was captivating to read for someone like me who has been digging into this phenom for 30+ years.

Best to you, your mom, and her friend.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
I love the way this thread was laid out, very different then most ufo threads and it feels so humanly true.

I too have seen several ships and lights, couple of the amber ones talked about, and a few that are a glowing red.

At this point in my life I lived out in the country side, barely any plane traffic or helicopters (which are loud).

This was outside of Kingston, Ontario about 50KM. That is roughly 3 hours West of Toronto.

Almost every time these lights and ships would be would be travelling the direction of South East if memory serves me right, towards Lake Ontario.

Cool thread, S&F

just a note here...I live in Canada and I'll tell you, Kingston is east of Toronto and Lake Ontario is west of Kingston. I just wanted to straighten that out... maybe the map was mirrored

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Cool story bro! No really, I mean that, just couldn't resist the silly meme

I remember you around here as well, not from anything specifically, but I have a good general who's-who memory and "Mr. Mask" was instantly familiar in the "good column" lol.

I totally believe the story, and love the way you (and Mama Mask and friend) framed both the story and your thinking/analysis of it.

I've had a few "minor" experiences (distant/uncertain things) - well, i guess they're all uncertain, but i mean 50/50 between something "weird" and something totally mundane that just looked weird from afar.

There was one incident a few years back where multiple unconnected people i know from various walks of life had seen very impressive, blatant UFOs, primarily around the Bartlett-Schaumburg, IL area. We were inside until the first person called. My next door neighbor got home, saw my wife and I on the phone with my frantic buddy, looking up trying to follow his "look this way! Now they're doing this!" directions, jumped out of her car and said, "Did you see it?! It was beautiful! The colors were amazing!"

Anyhow, that's what sealed the deal for us that it wasn't just my buddy losing his mind. I mention the story because the one thing my wife and i saw that night, again (sad to say), from quite a distance, was a stationary orange glow in the sky for several minutes.

The description of your mom's UFO was reminiscent of that. We also saw a satellite (i think, looked like a star) do something I've never seen before. I thought it was just a star, the it moved a bit, stopped, then moved in another direction. Perhaps that's available to be seen and perfectly normal and I was just more intent on the sky than normal that night.

Thanks for sharing the story. Why can't we just know already!!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
We described it to my Dad like a burner on an electric stove when it starts to get hot. It wasn't bright or anything but glowed sort of off and on slowly.

*Initiates slow clap*. This. Is. The. Best. Possible. Way. of describing the color and light intensity of these!!!

May we try something simple here? Show her this photo and ask SPECIFICALLY regarding the shape of the windows on the monument that you see displayed. Were the glowing lights positioned on the said craft similarly to these in the photo?

PIC

Oh, and quite nice having you back. Lurker creep, you

edit on 23-4-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: openedeyesandears

Cool thread, S&F

just a note here...I live in Canada and I'll tell you, Kingston is east of Toronto and Lake Ontario is west of Kingston. I just wanted to straighten that out... maybe the map was mirrored

Mirrored in my brain upon waking up! Lol.. I moved out west a few years ago, my brain waves weren't working when I typed that.

Regardless, Kingston is Kingston and the great Lakes well..

Thanks for the geographic correction

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You should take your mother to an professional artist that draws stuff for police based on descriptions. I'd be very interested to see a visual.
Cool story, nonetheless. I've once seen a strange sight, but I dont know if I call it a ufo.

originally posted by: MayanBoricua
So I was once smoking a cigarette in the back yard on a clear day, chatting with my brother, and I randomly look up into the sky and see the strangest sight of my life.It was a line, from east to west across the entire horizon. a squiggly zigzaggy line almost the color of the sky. It was undulating, and it was shiny, and had a hard to describe color. it was like clear, but multicolored, purple or bluish in some places. It undulated across it's length rapidly. It came from the south and moved across the sky rapidly, northbound, in a split second.An undulating line stretched across the sky east to west, moving northbound, and gone before I could say "Whoa!"It looked like a scanner or something scanning the sky. I googled it at the time and I got results for sky serpents.I have no idea what it was to this day.Any of you ever seen anything like this?-----------------------------------------------------------------Imagine if the earth had a ring, and you were sitting outside looking at the earths ring.Imagine how it would cover the entire sky and divide the skyin two halvesWhat would it look like to stand facing the ring and it suddenly rotates 180° across the globe and all you see from below is a great line move across the sky that is as long as the eye can see in both E&W, but very thin in width, appear from the south and disappear to the north. 1-5 seconds. elasped.Except the line was not straight. It was squiggly. and it moved wierdly. Undulating in some portions. It was reminisent of a worm in the way it moved. Or many long thin worms in a row. Im describing its movements not appearance. it was not a static straight line like a ring would be. the line moved along its length as it travelled N-SIts appearance blended in with the clear barely cloudy summer sky. Like a predator's cloak, or active camoflauge or what have you. Thats what its color/appearance was. like a bad cloaking device that only kinda works; it was many shades whiter than the sky. Kinda glowy. with a hue to it. In the colors I described in the OP.I know what an aircrafts look like, and this was no airplane. No weather balloon, no Geico, no bull#.I was just smoking a cigarette, and caught a glitch in the Matrix.

edit on 4232016 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes Were Made

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: openedeyesandears

Cool thread, S&F

Mirrored in my brain upon waking up! Lol.. I moved out west a few years ago, my brain waves weren't working when I typed that.

Regardless, Kingston is Kingston and the great Lakes well..

Thanks for the geographic correction

All cool, i hear lake Erie is quite a hot spot for UFO's. Not that far after all

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

This a Great Thread ... Mr Mask and Thank You .. For Sharing this ..

Ive Been interested In UFOs n Aliens Since childhood ..

My most Fascination is Story's to Drawings
before the 1947 Roswell incident

Ive heard stories Seen Video about WW2 Pilots seeing them
from Disk Shape, Cigar, Sphere Shape..

I really took Notice: when I Started to See Pulp Fiction Magazines
from the 1920s to 1940s Showing in detail of the Known Common UFO Shapes..

The Objects aka Spacecraft in These PULP Science Fiction Magazines
have the Known Common UFO Shapes..

Like this :

Super Science Stories (1942 November )

Amazing Story's Quarterly Winter Edition ( 1930 )

This One Blows My Mind from 1930
a Saucer Shape .. but if you look at the one in the Background
the One thats holding the Eiffel Tower look on the other side
it has a Dome on Top of it. and thats from 1930.
( Tilt your head to the right dam it! ) LOL

Nice Detailing Mr Mask of what you mother and her friend saw
to bad you couldn't show her some Concepts or
Drawing or actual photos of anything resembling of what it looked like.
As for the Pulp Mags. its either a Engineer that thought it up and told the artist
about it .. or someone actually saw( the Writer Artist publisher etc..)
them and told the drawing artist.

or Hell fire of People back in the 50s has seen these objects or the have
Gone a little to far reading Sci FI Pulp Mags of the 30s and 40s and 50s

So the proof that these Shapes of UFOs existed before 1947
just in Science Fiction Magazines LOL

in my Personal Opinion .. These Objects have been Known way before 1947
From Spheres ( Foo Fighters ) Disk Saucers ( Common UFOs ) Cigar Shape ( Ballistic Space Craft )
and Even the what is Known today the Triangle UFO

(1950 July )

edit on 02016SundayfAmerica/Chicago4114 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Hiya Buddy, I got these reports from APRO and thought your mom might like to see them.

There aren't a lot of reports from the area in the 1960s. MUFON don't have much and the excellent UFO DNA has under 40 from the 1940s to today. If you click the link and scroll down you'll see Waterbury.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think sightings still continue but encounters have dropped off. I personally think they've been taking samples of human beings for breeding purposes and now have enough genetic material for their purposes. And they probably have "human" agents here among us infiltrating our military and highest spheres of government and the techno industry. I also believe many sighting are of earthly origin, just classified terrestrial craft that are decades ahead of known standard military technology. Our space program has languished, why? Why spend money on out of date technology when they have the hardware now that could easily get to Mars and back in weeks or even days. Its just kept top secret so they can't reveal it. Or how they obtained it. I'd bet there are human populations on Mars or on other planets taken from unwilling or unwitting donors decades ago. Maybe even centuries ago. PS, anybody see the flying triangle craft on that ISS live feed that NASA abruptly turned off? That was just a few days ago.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

You realize you just proved that science fiction magazines existed that directed what people think they would see with a UFO right? You did not prove what you think you did.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Great story!

I can´t get it that people call others nuts, because they "believe" that UFOs are real, are normal.
Maybe it is because i grew up with Star Wars, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, ET and movies like that, but for me it ever was normal that there are other people "out there".
I ever was interested in the space, the moon, bought books as a child, a telescope, i didn´t sleep when i had to go to school next day, if there was a meteorite shower that night, stuff like that. I somehow, as a child, never watched for UFOs.

But when i grew up. and the internet became public, i started to collect everything, i had to learn to seperate that fake stuff from the (for me) believable stuff(not nearly as much hoaxes as today), and when i watched something about cigar shaped UFOs, i remembered a summer day in our garden, when i was around 10 years, maybe.

The sky was blue, no clouds, a wonderfull summer day. I just was chilling in our garden, reading something. When i mentioned something black in the sky, high up in the sky. Didn´t think about it, but after another ten minutes, the thing was still there, at the same spot. I told it to my mother, she saw it too, but said something and went back again, bet she forgot about it before she was on the stairs to the house.

So i grabbed my binoculars from my room, and the thing was still there when i came back. I could see it well, but it very high up in the sky. I watched it a bit and thought it is a "solar ballon", which was sold as a gimmick with a comic(YPS Extra, for the germans xD). That was it, i thought i knew what it was and forgot about it, too.

Till i saw that documentation. Then i remembered that this solar ballons are very, very lightweight and the black, cigar shaped thing was that high that there must have been winds, but that thing never moved. Next thing i remembered, on this ballons was the YPS sign, which wasn´t on that thing that i saw. Somehow today i think that i saw something other than one of this solar ballons.

Another story is about two "friends", two guys i know and i chilled sometimes with. To be honest, not the finest people, and not exactly "Einsteins", not the brightest lights on the cake, but sometimes funny xD
I don´t know how that came, or where that came from, but when i was alone with one of them, he suddenly told me:
Me and Norman saw a UFO!

I was a bit shocked, never thought that he even knows what a UFO is. First i thought he was joking, because i guess he knew that i was interested in stuff like that. But these were guys that wanted to be cool the whole time. You know, like rednecks that think they are the cream of the crop. Never ever heared them talking about stuff like UFOs or such, rather things like: Who is getting the next beers from the store, wheres the next party, where are the girls, hoo hoo hoo hoo...xD

Then i watched his face and i mentioned instantly that he is not joking.
Fyi, i am totaly sure he never watched any UFO videos(there was nothing like this on german tv), he just listened to techno "music" and music videos 24/7. And he even had no internet(this is maybe 20 years ago) or interests in anything useful.

So i asked him to tell me.
He told me that he and the other guy were riding their bicycles, near the Max Planck Institut, where at this time was a labyrinth made from corn at a field, which often was visited by school classes. He told me that they both were shocked as hell, when suddenly something round, a saucer shaped thing flew right over their heads, at daylight, without making any sounds. They stopped, really shocked, pale faces and kind of little shaking( a wonder that he admitted this, it is not "cool" xD). They watched that thing flying over that crop labyrinth and disappearing behind some trees then, not really disappearing, they just couldn´t see it anymore because of the trees.
Then they grabbed their bikes and sprinted as fast as possible back home. They sweared each other never to talk about this again, and not to talk to other people about it.

I am sure that i know when someone is doing a prank, or if he tells me the truth, when i can see the face of that people i know. I am 100% sure that it was real, and i am sure till today. If i ever see him again, i will ask him about this again.

He told me again and again that i never should tell anybody about what he told me, because people will think that he is crazy. I could see it in his eyes, that was no fun, really not.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join