It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
One reason people get pissed off about "white privilege" is because they don't see it as such. They see how they are in society as an "achievement" -- something that they supposedly earned, or a "right".

Implying a privilege means its just inherent and not earned. These people are also the same ones that scream about moochers on welfare, so its not surprising they'd be offended. They don't like the idea that they might have something they didn't earn themselves. So, naturally it pisses them off.

To have someone tell them just being "who they are" gave them an extra boost is insulting to these folks. These are the same folks that for some reason think that they do everything 100% on their own.

Anyway, it's highly insulting to these people's egos because they feel they made it in life on nothing but unmitigated grit, determination, hard work and skill. The concept that race playing a part into that -- something they didn't have control over or need to work for, is highly offensive. Having to accept having an advantage would diminish from their life achievements, and that just isn't acceptable.

That's where a subconscious psychological part of this "white privilege" anger comes from.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Only a little insecure.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
One reason people get pissed off about "white privilege" is because they don't see it as such. They see how they are in society as an "achievement" -- something that they supposedly earned, or a "right".

Implying a privilege means its just inherent and not earned. These people are also the same ones that scream about moochers on welfare, so its not surprising they'd be offended. They don't like the idea that they might have something they didn't earn themselves. So, naturally it pisses them off.

To have someone tell them just being "who they are" gave them an extra boost is insulting to these folks. These are the same folks that for some reason think that they do everything 100% on their own.

Anyway, it's highly insulting to these people's egos because they feel they made it in life on nothing but unmitigated grit, determination, hard work and skill. The concept that race playing a part into that -- something they didn't have control over or need to work for, is highly offensive. Having to accept having an advantage would diminish from their life achievements, and that just isn't acceptable.

That's where a subconscious psychological part of this "white privilege" anger comes from.

Ah, which takes us back to this... cdn.meme.am...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: GoShredAK

a reply to: Freija
I'm Mexican, trump is trying to build a wall to keep me in here. That's why I'm mad

Just trying to lighten the mood, I doubt it worked but that's all i got.

But ya, Mexican mutt type of person.

ah, pobrecito, hijo pelon llorar...

I'm Mexican but I was born in America. I don't understand your stupid burrito language.

Fantastic, I'm the rich white guy born in Lubbock Texas, and just happen to be bilingual. I also speak a little Navajo as well as a smattering of Tewa.

Burrito language...I think Spanish is beautiful, expressive and poetic.

I apologize. I'm of Hispanic descent and jokes like that never bothered me. I should have taken into consideration that you were sensitive.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I'm Mexican, trump is trying to build a wall to keep me in here. That's why I'm mad

I'm Mexican but I was born in America. I don't understand your stupid burrito language.

Fantastic, I'm the rich white guy born in Lubbock Texas, and just happen to be bilingual. I also speak a little Navajo as well as a smattering of Tewa.

I apologize. I'm of Hispanic descent and jokes like that never bothered me. I should have taken into consideration that you were sensitive.

I'm not sensitive. I'm rich, brutally handsome and have a girl friend with huge breasts. I'm blessed!!

Look up the word payaso in that burrito language....

edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I'm not sensitive. I'm rich, brutally handsome and have a girl friend with huge breasts. I'm blessed!!

Make sure she is not an SJW or you will soon lose access to the breasts, lose all your money and then later your looks after a few years on the bottle.
edit on 22/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Lol. I know you have been saying that.

I'm stoked for you.

Especially the part about the wife with big beasts.

Girlfriend my bad, that's my wife.
edit on 22-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Welp, now we need pics for comparison.

I thought we were playing who is the biggest victim, but I like boobs better.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Make sure she is not an SJW or you will soon lose access to the breasts, lose all your money and then later your looks after a few years on the bottle.

I don't care what happens. I'm a winner and can rise like a phoenix to spread my wings and overcome any obstacles.

I was at one time a hopeless coc aine addicted drunk and it was the love of a good woman that saved my ass. Like I said...I'm blessed!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I don't care what happens. I'm a winner and can rise like a phoenix to spread my wings and overcome any obstacles.

I was at one time a hopeless coc aine addicted drunk and it was the love of a good woman that saved my ass. Like I said...I'm blessed!!!

Ok,

Group 1: Hopeless coc aine addicted drunk.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Ok,

Group 1: Hopeless coc aine addicted drunk.

Yeah, that's why I say the rest of you payaso chongos can besa mi c*** !! That PC enough for ya?

Bunch a f***** perdedores as far as I'm concerned. Bring me another burrito, por favor!
edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

And when white people,especially men are being denigrated and bullied,i hope you will be there too.I am a fanatical hater of bullying myself,and i see white people and especially white men being bullied all the time. So much of the narrative in social media and the MSM is broad-brush accusations that white people are by virtue of being born white,privileged and racist.That they are born automatically being in a moral and ethical debt to all non whites,and will have to bend over backwards all their lives to defer to all and any non whites.If they try to stand up for themselves they are branded racist and bigoted and basically on par with satan's adult diaper after a heavy bout of diarrhea. That is bullying,trying to make white people and especially white men feel guilty for just breathing while white.It is bullying,and it is racist and bigoted and disgusting and beyond contempt.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
i see white people and especially white men being bullied all the time.

Please define.

How are these white men being bullied?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I know you're not addressing me but i will respond speaking for myself.As a white person that has had a brutal and poverty stricken life without any iota of any privilege Ever in any way shape or form-that hackneyed feeble phrase you and people like you keep trotting out,makes me want to projectile vomit nonstop until i die.And i daresay,i speak not just for myself but for a very large swathe of both ATS AND the human race when i say its not a matter of being rattled because something we never had is being threatened-its that we get heartily p-ed off by ridiculous "white privilege" claptrap like what you were sprouting in your post.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Read my post again maybe you get it 2nd time around.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Just a suggestion... but I think you may want to yield the "white privilege" hammer a bit more carefully.

If you want to say that, in general, in some wide statistical sense "white people have it better IN GENERAL because...." that's fine and I'm sure it can be backed up. However, stating things as you did is more or less racist in the sense that you are taking every single member of a race and saying fill-in-the-blank about them.

To the point of "white privilege," yes, some white people (like me) sincerely DO get a bit ticked off when people, in one stroke of a VERY broad brush seek to wash away what we have done and in my opinion, rightfully so.

I won't get into all the nitty gritty details but here's a quick synapsis of me (a white dude)

- Grew up dirt poor (and was reminded of it constantly starting in about second grade when kids learn how to be mean and pick on poor people).

- Grew up (and still live) in a VERY diverse part of the country (not just Black, White, Spanish but EVERYTHING else)

- Out of necessity I moved out of my parents house immediately after graduating high school and took any crappy, often demeaning job I could find to pay the rent for the "apartment" (basically a tiny room with a bathroom).

- Since she came from a messed up home as well, my High School Sweetheart and I got married (best decision I ever made in my life, by the way because twenty years later and we are still rockin' it).

That's the starting point. This is also the point where your post about....

Anyway, it's highly insulting to these people's egos because they feel they made it in life on nothing but unmitigated grit, determination, hard work and skill.
... DOES, make me feel a bit insulted.

I know what it is like to try to go from being a high school student to an "adult" with no help from anyone.

I know what it is like to go to interviews and lose out because I didn't have the money for a proper suit and instead had to show up in my "good jeans" and a beat up button down shirt. (By the way, since I come from a very diverse part of the country I lost out to many black, Spanish, Asian, Middle Easter, etc people).

I know what it is like to actually get a job, only to realize I couldn't accept it because it was at a location different from the one where the interview was and the 20 year old car I had purchased with a hard earned and long saved $400 couldn't get me there.

I know what it is like to go hungry. That is one of the parts that really sticks out to me. More times than I care to remember I was grateful that an extra sandwich was ordered by my bosses for a lunch meeting they hosted and I was able to have one... I'm curious how many people on here ever (on somewhat regular intervals) had a sandwich on a Wednesday afternoon and KNEW they weren't going to have anything to eat until Friday night after they go to the check cashing place to cash their paycheck. At times I would lie to my wife on those Thursdays (between eating and pay day) and tell her that "Oh yea, they bought us lunch today" so she wouldn't feel guilty eating our last frozen TV dinner or the last few pieces of bread with whatever could be scraped off the sides of the generic brand peanut butter container.

I know what it is like to keep looking for a job that had a future and finding NOTHING.

I know what it is like to (after countless failed attempts) find a job at a company that actually had SOME room for growth (as minimal as it was... in retrospect).

I know what it is like to volunteer for every crappy overnight-weekend shift to show that I was trustworthy and reliable and had ambition to help the company.

I know how that lead to several promotions within that company.

I know what it is like to (after working at one place for several years and learning and slowly earning more money) build up the courage to go out there and find a company that would pay more and provide better benefits.

I know what it is like to continue to work hard, be dedicated, be honest and continue to pursue raises (when I feel they are warranted) and what it is like to move on to the next organization when the present one isn't paying for what I am providing them.

I know (just recently) what it is like to start out dirt poor, go hungry, work really REALLY friggen hard, overcome that mental place where you feel "less than" because you are poor, build up confidence and a career and now be at the point where we have been pre-approved for a mortgage and are looking at open houses and working with realtors.

(Please note I haven't even described all the crappy jobs my wife had until she made a career and all the sacrifices she has made).

And you say...... "Anyway, it's highly insulting to these people's egos because they feel they made it in life on nothing but unmitigated grit, determination, hard work and skill."

So are you going to tell me my wife, son and I are where we are NOT because of our actions but because I'M WHITE?!?!?! (Keep in mind my wife is from South America).

You are going to tell me that I am where I am because of White Privilege and you sincerely expect me NOT to find that a repugnant idea?

Again and in conclusion, I think you may want to rethink painting all white people with the same brush.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

white men being bullied all the time? can share some examples?

i'm so glad my husband doesn't whine about this new white victim s##t. what a turn off that would be.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

Read my post again maybe you get it 2nd time around.

I asked you to define it. I'm not reading it again.

Would you like to hear my poverty life as a child where the grade school principal used to buy us our school shoes?

We can play "poor me" poverty one-up-manship all day long.

edit on 22-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Wow, you sure took what I said and ran with it. I never said "had it better" nor did I define what any of these supposed "privileges" are.

Nope.

That's you, buddy.

You are the one jumping to conclusions and accusing me of accusing you of things I never said nor implied.

And your apparent outrage is further proof that the implication of having some kind of "advantage" or "leg up" in the world due to one's skin color/heritage is an assault on the ego. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be offended.

I'm not the one saying you do or don't have any privileges. *shrug* I'm simply uncovering the core psychology behind the behavior of those that react in anger to the suggestion such a thing exists.

One question though, if being white didn't extend any advantages to you, would you gladly trade your skin color to black to prove that point? (hypothetically of course).

EDIT: I'd like to add that simply because you haven't appeared to have "benefited" (or can't see how you have in any way) that such a privilege might exist, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. There are things in this world I have never seen or experienced myself, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

I've never experienced black on white racism, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I'm not going to run around and claim that black people aren't and can't be racist against white people because it's never happened to me.

edit on 22-4-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

This is maybe the 100th of these whiny rants this month alone. How many threads from "Social Justice Warriors" in the same time frame decrying bigotry?

Who is really doing all the whining here "snowflake?"

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join