It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah, don't worry. Keep demeaning them and they might all kill themselves off.

Well I'm one of "them" so I'm not demeaning "them" or myself.

What I find demeaning is being forced in to some kind of "Victim Class" without asking me. Nobody notified me that I was "the" victim now in the world. No vote, not even a memo on that change. I think it's BS.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Freija

We going to play who is the biggest victim?

It's not the size of the victim, Lys... it's how you use the victim that matters.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Could it be said that those that complain about SJW's are SJW's themselves, but just happen to complain about different things?

Lots of pissing and moaning going on here. Where's John Wayne when we need him?

edit on 22-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I just came to stir the pot, like you are trying to do

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I guess you could say that I'm trying to stir the pot, but my main goal was to voice my opinion. That opinion is that people bitch and complain too damn much. Those that complain about SJW's are just as bad and all of them need to grow a pair.

Consider the pot stirred.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Don't want it to curdle.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I'm Mexican, trump is trying to build a wall to keep me in here. That's why I'm mad

Just trying to lighten the mood, I doubt it worked but that's all i got.

But ya, Mexican mutt type of person.

ah, pobrecito, hijo pelon llorar...

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

No one is, but what goes around comes around.

Everyone is so concerned with not being victimized that they are busy pointing fingers at the ones whom they perceived to have victimized them. And it's funny, but they all seem to point their fingers in the same place.

Face it, you and I are the "other" now by default. You can either embrace Stockholm Syndrome thinking and you can point the finger at your fellows which usually involves slinging around labels like racism, sexism, homophobe, etc., so that you can assuage yourself with the feeling that at you are more enlightened than your fellow others, or you can accept that you are the other because you have the wrong color skin and belong to the wrong racial/cultural demographics and fight against it wholeheartedly despite the labels.

link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: UKTruth

If you work for it, if you study hard, if you put in sweat equity, then it's not "privilege".

But we've allowed the SJW's to reclassify success.

How am I reclassifying success?

Are you a SJW?

If so, you're reclassifying success as privilege and wealthy disparity.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: GoShredAK

Yes on everything you posted, but... they are damned fun to poke with a stick! Sometimes you're even lucky enough to find one so emotionally jacked up they fall completely apart at basic mocking and ridicule. I call that the Dream Crushing Fist of Reality and it's almost satisfying enough to make the SJW'S overall presence forgive able.

Bwahahaha!!!

This, right here!!!

I live for it!!!

Ahahahaha

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Raxoxane
It basically means social justice for everyone except white males,this whole sjw thing.

Oh come on!!! You really need to stop with the "Poor White Males" meme, seriously. If you know somebody who needs some help, by all means give them a hand. But collectively speaking, the over dramatic sympathy for poor white men needs to stop. It's making everything worse by pushing that stupid idea.

As a White Middle Aged Male, let me assure you we're doing fine. We don't need your sympathy. We can handle our own problems. All this crybaby stuff is making us look bad.

I gotta be honest. I don't see a lot of white guys, any actually, whining. They seem pretty pissed off sure, but that's about it.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think I get it now... this infographic covers it....except i am still trying to figure out the groups.

edit on 22/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm Mexican, trump is trying to build a wall to keep me in here. That's why I'm mad

I'm Mexican but I was born in America. I don't understand your stupid burrito language.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I think I get it now... this infographic covers it....except i am still trying to figure out the groups.

Well, that's your own fault for believing a dumbass meme and mistaking it for anything remotely related to information.

Some people are never content until they have something to rally behind and whine and bitch about.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I'm Mexican but I was born in America. I don't understand your stupid burrito language.

Good to see what ATS has become.

Remember - if someone's second language is English, they speak fluent in another language. Do you?

"Stupid burrito language," you're an idiot and a preface for exactly what it entails to embrace - rather than deny - ignorance.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Good to see what ATS has become.

Remember - if someone's second language is English, they speak fluent in another language. Do you?

"Stupid burrito language," you're an idiot and a preface for exactly what it entails to embrace - rather than deny - ignorance.

Gosh I was kidding.

Holy cow

I think he knew I was Mexican, he was cracking jokes earlier. Goodness gracious kill me now.
edit on 22-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: UKTruth

Well, that's your own fault for believing a dumbass meme and mistaking it for anything remotely related to information.

Some people are never content until they have something to rally behind and whine and bitch about.

Perhaps you could list the groups?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The older generation also feels disfranchised, unheard, unimportant and devalued.

I think the old, the young and (almost) everyone in between is feeling like that these days.

I know, when I let my mind wander into such areas, I feel like that at times.

First, I just want to say that one of the better bosses I've had in my career gave me a fantastic piece of advice once. The company had hired a the son of one of the owner's friends and this guy (about my age with less experience) did practically nothing yet had every liberty you could imagine. Seeing my frustration (I was killing myself to get ahead) my boss told me (paraphrase), "Don't worry about what other peoples' deals are. Worry about your own deal. You'll have a long and miserable life if you concentrate too much on other people's deals. Keep working and learning and you'll be able to make great deals down the road." He was absolutely right.

HOWEVER... that notwithstanding, as previously mentioned when I let my mind wander into the areas where I feel the sentiment you described, I can only explain it this way.

As someone that was born dirt poor and worked REALLY hard to get where I am (which I would say is lower-middle to middle-middle class financially) the thing that gets me frustrated, the thing that makes me feel a bit powerless and the thing that gets me ticked off is the sense that there are not two but three sets of rules.

First, there are the rules for the very wealthy. Just think about that "Affluenza" case where a young man whom grew up with a tremendous amount of wealth got drunk and drove and killed four people. He got NO jail time because "he grew up with so much privilege that he never learned right from wrong." (He later fled the country with Mommy after video surfaced of him violating terms of his probation and they nabbed him in Mexico so now he is supposed to serve a whopping few years for killing 4 people). Then there is the fact that the rich can afford to shield their income from taxes and all that. They aren't breaking the law with the tax thing but simply put, they basically deal with tax laws that are well beyond those in the middle class. Then there is the "in general" ways that the rich live in a different world than the middle class when it comes to having the money to have "favors" done for them.

Then, there are the rules for the lower end on the financial scale. The people that don't work yet receive considerable benefits. I'm not going to go into all the details on this because it's not about people who want to work vs people that are lazy and gaming the system vs those that are elderly or disabled. The fact of the matter is, when I allow myself to think in these terms there are just a TON of people that live decent lives without waking up at the crack of dawn to work all day then to come home to see my wife for a few minutes before she goes off to work at the hospital. We are killing ourselves to make a better life and purchase our first home and send our son to a good private school and all that.... yet other people are just sittin' on the dock of the bay, wasting time.

Add to that perhaps a 4th set of rules for those in the nation illegally. I'm not sure if anyone follows any of the Child "protective" Services horror stories that are often detailed on new sites like Reason (or many others) but here are a few things that are absolutely true:
1) If I have my 4 year old in the car, and I pull up to a local mini-mart type of place, park my car DIRECTLY in front of the glass doors and leave the child in there while I purchase a pack of gum (keeping him and my car in my line of sight the entire time).... should the wrong "do gooder" or the wrong cop pass by at that moment... that kid is being taken away for a while. However, illegals can HAND OVER THEIR KIDS TO CYOTES and in the event the kid actually makes it to the states.... no problem, we'll reunite ya'll. (See the difference?)

2) Not sure if anyone paid attention to the recent hoopla over at the IRS where they basically said they don't give a darn if illegals use stolen SS numbers to pay taxes (even when the SS Admin informs them). ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! What do you suppose would happen to me if I stole someone's ID?

I want to be clear that the aforementioned issues are more complex than that but I'm simply trying to convey how I (and I assume others) feel when we see all these different sets of rules for different groups of people. Whether we are right or wrong, the sensation is that EVERYBODY gets a break except us. Rich guys don't pay in and the poor don't pay in and we do pay. We follow the rules and all we get is the shaft (as far as government is concerned).

Amnesty? Where's the amnesty on any of the parking tickets that I've received because I wasn't able to get back to the meter until a few minutes after it expired because I WAS WORKING!!! Grrrrrrrr

Ok... going to try and pull my mind back from this place now and remind myself not to get too caught up on other people's deals.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Fantastic, I'm the rich white guy born in Lubbock Texas, and just happen to be bilingual. I also speak a little Navajo as well as a smattering of Tewa.

At one time in my youth I looked down on mojodos but I grew out of my racism. Perhaps you will too someday.

Burrito language...I think Spanish is beautiful, expressive and poetic.
edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join