It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Majority rules, most social animals go by this.

Let's not even go there. If the majority truly rules ... gay marriage would not have happened and transgenders would not be in the bathrooms inappropriate to their genitalia and no one would think this odd.

Either you vastly mistake the majority or the majority only rules when you think it appropriate for it to do so because I heard a lot about how this country protects the rights of minorities during both of the earlier debates I mentioned.

So perhaps given what I recall of your stances in both those issues, we should more accurately say that majority rules when it sides with Kali74, and if that's the case then we can also throw out your grand-standing about logic because at this point, true logic has absolutely nothing at all to do with anything.

The majority always rules in any form of democracy. Sometimes a minority has to fight hard to convince the majority, but ultimately the majority makes the decision through whichever legal framework exists.

This is why it is so important to stand against SJWs when the cause is ridiculous (like dealing with 'white privilege') and not give into the violence, shaming and emotional blackmail that often ensues when they don't get their way.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't think Ive ever encountered a social justice warrior.

I do feel privileged though...good looking, educated, landed gentry, Texan, and I didn't have to work very hard to get where i'm at. Now I'm enjoying life, my profession, my lady, nice ride, good health...I don't feel guilty. I feel Lucky!!!

I do find crybabies mildly annoying...

It's just my reality...sorry if yours sucks though...really I am....

edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sourcery
a reply to: GoShredAK

I completely agree with you GoShredAK. To be honest, I just found out about this whole SJW thing last night, and I am utterly confused. I mean, what is the goal of these SJW's? What have I missed in regards to being a white male? Is it sort of like "look at me i'm so outraged and smart, everybody else is racist and backwards"? I mean did they miss out on some love by their parents? Do they need a hug? Maybe partake in some herbal activities? I need to get to work creating the worlds' largest face so it can be facepalmed over and over....

I think partake in herbal activities. The healing of the nation.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
It basically means social justice for everyone except white males,this whole sjw thing.

Oh come on!!! You really need to stop with the "Poor White Males" meme, seriously. If you know somebody who needs some help, by all means give them a hand. But collectively speaking, the over dramatic sympathy for poor white men needs to stop. It's making everything worse by pushing that stupid idea.

As a White Middle Aged Male, let me assure you we're doing fine. We don't need your sympathy. We can handle our own problems. All this crybaby stuff is making us look bad.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just curious, what minority groups do y'all belong to? Make a list. Rank it by weight.

link   
double

edit on 4/22/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I've been around a long time.

Before TV, Fair Housing, Disability Act, Civil Rights, Women's Lib, challenge to prayer in public school, when girls were forced to wear dresses/skirts even in the dead of winter. Boys played sports and allowed girls to cheer for them. Oh Yay!

However, in addition to that my mom was physically disabled (dad split). I had the childhood experience of prejudice and being ostracized because mom was different. Believe me. It doesn't take different color skin.

It took a Law to force people to treat the disabled with respect and give them Equal Rights.

My mom's friend was in a wheelchair. To vote, he had to arrange to get several men to carry him and his wheelchair up the steps of the County Building. That's where voting was then and there was no wheelchair access.

I have no room or patience for those who whine about Social Justice disrupting their precious perfect lives.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
double

How would you classify a group?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Imagine if the roles were reversed, leave in an ambulance? Just imagine had he said it to the translady.

I don't see much bone loss there either, needs to up the dosages eh?

If they fought, I wouldn't bet on the Jewish guy.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yeah, don't worry. Keep demeaning them and they might all kill themselves off.

Late last year, a study found that white middle-aged Americans were the only first-world group of people dying faster than their counterparts in other developed nations. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported this month that life expectancy for white people declined in 2014.

You work us to death taxing the hell out of us, blame us for everything, and then we kill ourselves off! Magic!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija
I'm Mexican, trump is trying to build a wall to keep me in here. That's why I'm mad

Just trying to lighten the mood, I doubt it worked but that's all i got.

But ya, Mexican mutt type of person.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

If you can't identify your own groups, then you don't really understand privilege.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

We going to play who is the biggest victim?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

If you can't identify your own groups, then you don't really understand privilege.

I see. I was just wondering who decided what the groups were.
If someone could let me know what they are then I might be able to understand my privilege.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Imagine if the roles were reversed, leave in an ambulance? Just imagine had he said it to the translady.

I don't see much bone loss there either, needs to up the dosages eh?

If they fought, I wouldn't bet on the Jewish guy.

Exactly what the heck I was talking about. I'm not trying to be mean but that was bs. It would not be bs if he could do the same thing and not suddenly be the worse human on earth.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Perhaps you should give us a numerical list in order from greatest to least according to you, then we will all decide our privilege accordingly.
edit on 22-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Perhaps you should give us a numerical list in order from greatest to least according to you, then we will all decide our privilege accordingly.

I really want to know mine - I haven't been using it t my advantage which is a damn waste.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Also you may want to clarify, how white does one have to be to qualify for top level white privilege?

Must be a pure blooded European decent? Or we just going with Skin tone? Light skinned blacks?

Can't have any racial mixing in our families?

Lemme know

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So much hate. . . .

I'm posting this from my safe place.

1000 lols for you.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

If you can identify all your groups, then I'd argue the privilege is yours and you're the one fixated on pigeonholing people according to pedigrees and provisions.

I'm a mutt. Granted I'm mostly a Scandanavian/Slavic mutt, but aside from that who the hell knows what blood I've got mutating in my veins? Other than genetics, I'm me... being me can either be a royal pain in the ass if I were to decide all around me needed to change to accommodate me, or fairly easy if I were to simply throw double middle fingers in the air and do as I wish, following or leading as I see fit.

You make your own way in this life and, frankly, if you wanna be majorly different than the crowd you better either expect serious resistance or isolate yourself from large groups of people entirely.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join