It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

*wooosh*

that was the sound of my post going over your head.

I forgot sarc tags haha

edit on 22-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Freija

So you are confirming it can't be measured, it's a perceived feeling eh?

Cool, thanks for the Tumblr images.

No it's right there to see. I posted the 80% white and male number a few posts ago. That's just one example. Now if we take that to basic psychology. ergo--We like, help and gravitate to and do business with people who are like ourselves. Then you start to see the problem. Again, we don't all experience it and it effects us in different ways. Of course, we can rise above it and move past it. What's so hard to understand?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

*wooosh*

that was the sound of my post going over your head.

I forgot sarc tags haha

I guess being a social justice warrior has it's drawbacks then. I don't always understand everything. LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

a reply to: Annee

Who is this privileged majority, and how are they privileged?

Is this only a local phenomenon or is this a universal privilege?

If that is the definition then we're all privileged, which seems pretty fair.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Where is it to see, show me.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If you work for it, if you study hard, if you put in sweat equity, then it's not "privilege".

But we've allowed the SJW's to reclassify success.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: introvert

Yes and the false narrative aims at achieving that which it bitches so loudly about... silencing through shame. I seriously don't know how so many fall for this BS.

Its piggybacking a old culture war onto any new movement that makes headway.

A good example is a safety net discussion.
A fair debate can be had about how many social programs should be made, for what, who, etc...foodstamps, education, and some temporary assistance may be great for someone falling on hard times, so a discussion about this is fantastic to have, and what amounts is healthy to help.
Then you will eventually attract the loudmouths screaming death to capitalism, everyone who works should have a 3 bedroom house regardless of job, free university to study their philosophy and ancient basket weaving degrees, etc...of course those are the schmucks being soo loud it deafens, and the media points cameras at them, suggesting this is the side for social programs.
And those people might truly believe in their marxist views..hell, China with 1.3b people are under a marxist regime and it is actively being exported as a viable alternative. We cant dismiss them.
So what we then have are splinterings..instead of just liberals, you now have progressives, and counter to that are civil libertarians. on the opposite side you got conservatives breaking into conservative libertarians, establishment gop, and then you got a scattering in between the 4 different sides. But the news still only shows off 2 different sides to a now complex society..there are at least 4 sides minimum going on and should be all given equal time and consideration..but that wont happen..so the loudest ones get the airtime and the identification of half the debate.

Seems kind of prudent to ignore zealots instead of turning it into a pejorative and trying to paint people you disagree with the newest version of cooties, doesn't it?

Not as much fun though I'm guessing, which kind of proves the point... some people aren't interested in discussing anything let alone solving anything, they just want to hurl insults and feel superior. This anti-SJW crusade is exactly such and is as full of zealotry as the cootie infested.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Where is it to see, show me.

The guys that run everything in the US. They basically control our entire country. They're super majority, white and male. All of our leaders our mostly white and male and have been for Centuries.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you work for it, if you study hard, if you put in sweat equity, then it's not "privilege".

But we've allowed the SJW's to reclassify success.

How am I reclassifying success?

link   
a reply to: Freija

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Annee

Who is this privileged majority, and how are they privileged?

Is this only a local phenomenon or is this a universal privilege?

In America?

Me. WASP

Missed it by 1 - not a male.

Such self loathing!

So what have you given away to those of a different color skin that you have worked for or acquired? Anything but your opinion? Would you yank your "white child" out of a college or institution, so that their seat could be occupied by a person of color?

Amazing that a white person should feel guilty for being white, yet anyone of a different color skin should be given the privilege of being racist towards those who are white???

Seriously?

How nice of you to try to interject your own thinking and claim it's mine.

Do you have guilt for being white? Simple question.

I did star your post, my reasoning was it is a good question to ask. Personally, I don't feel guilty for being me. Admittedly, I can acknowledge that as a good looking white smart female, I have priveledges. Albeit, I have been homeless, but even then, I was priveledged.

The difference is that I don't feel guilty about these perceived priveledges since I took responsibility for my life to make due with life gave provided me. It wasn't easy as being epileptic too and constantly losing my license. Thankfully, I had overcomes that medical condition 3 years ago due to meditation!

Okay, I am straying ing in my rant. My beauty priveledge I take advantage of since it was a punishment when I was young due to rapes/molestations starting at age 6 by family members. Nearly strangled to death by first husband because he was paranoid every time another man or woman looked at me!

I confess, when pulled over by police, I would begin to cry...it didn't work every time obviously as my tickets will prove. Have no clue if that was priveledge or just common sense of appearing like a complete pussy and suck it up. Never felt the need to attack or run from law.

I will also admit, I am enjoying my wine, right now, trying to talk hubby into making dinner. I have watched the grandkids all day, he came home from work early today to attend school function with one of our grandchildren. I am trying to use my feministic priveledge on him. A few more rum and cokes in him and I am sure I will be with a nice dinner tonight!

Edit add: Dang! No feministic priveledge tonight! Sigh...I have just started making dinner.
What can I say, I obviously am hungrier than him!
edit on 4 22 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Excellent non-answer.

The population has been mostly white for centuries... . . . . well you know, if you go back far enough, but hey thats another white guilt thread.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The whole PC/non-PC debate was created by the MSM in order to solicit responses just like this. Good job, you've played right into their hands.

They're using every tactic in the book to further divide us in a time where we should be pulling together to fix this mess we've all helped to create, but dumb rhetoric like this just keeps getting in the way of that happening time after time. Such a damn shame.

Both sides are guilty of falling for it, not just you btw.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Watch a Beta White male get destroyed when asked to give HIS privilege to those he is fighting for. That is the hypocrisy of the whole college educated SJW movement. THEY do not want to give up anything, but force others to give up their privilege!

Pure fascists!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
An easily digestible analogy:

Accusing/asking white people if they feel guilty for being white is about as stupid as accusing anyone who disagrees with Obama as being racist.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You mean;

????

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Here's some commentary on "privilege." The video contains a description on privilege that is absolutely clear as mud. Fair warning, there is a lot of cussing in the video, but it gets the point across in its crude way. It even has ... diagrams to help with your privilege.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

An easily digestible analogy:

Accusing/asking white people if they feel guilty for being white is about as stupid as accusing anyone who disagrees with Obama as being racist.

If that's the case, then why the white privilege narrative because that's essentially what that whole thing is.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
this world, in the present day, in most places. You do have a slight edge if you are white and male and Christian and Heterosexual.

Asia accounts for nearly half the worlds population and landmass.
white people, all combined, if we pretended america and west europe was 100% white, accounts for about 15% of the world population.
Now back to asia
Lets discuss Japan and China.
If you want a job, you can pretty easily become a english teacher pretty easily. if you are really, really good at their language, you can maybe get a job as translator for VIPs. If however you apply for say, a IT job..good luck, you are a gaijin there. they go with their own people.
This is because over in the far east, they dont give a rats butthole about being PC..they are nationalists, they are not multicultural, they are respective of their own culture and you adapt, you accept, and you also understand you are there as the token person of your nation, not as a asian equal.
And its understood, its respected..you want a job in asian countries that isn't english speaking, then you are spending your own money and starting your own business..because you will always be just a foreigner.
In some places you, as a foreigner..as a white person..cant even bring local women to your home/hotel/etc...because its not allowed..legally.
Dont get me started on africa..search: zimbabwe white farmers. enjoy your reading

That's just the way it is. We know this.

no, we dont "know this", you personally assume this based on propaganda and anti-white retoric.
It is demonstratably false actually. You just assume the entire global community must somehow conform to the nonsense hipster americans are spewing about their profoundly ignorant views of the world.

It goes back to when white guys ruled the world-one example is the British empire wish spanned the entire globe,

Irrelevant to today.

You see it in the American congress, where 80% of them are men and 80% of them are White.

Qualifications comes first. you dont hire people based on skintone, you hire them based on what they can do for you..same with voting. you vote for who can represent you the best.
Are you voting for Herman Caine because he is black kind of thing.
Did you vote for Sarah Palin for VP because of her genitals? no..you probably voted against her because she was a dimwit.
you cannot force people to run for office, or seek out positions

Just wanted to add, no guilt here as I'm white and male. I just don't see the world with blinders on as most do.

Actually..you very much do..absolutely you see with blinders on..and in the blinders is a slideshow of western propaganda. I highly...HIGHLY encourage you to do as I did. get a passport. save up a bit of money, and travel to non western countries for a few years..go live in japan or china for awhile. go explore and expand. you will find out how good and bad your white "privilege" is..and you will come back with a deeper appreciation towards what we have done here by comparison, and also perhaps a bit less tolerant towards those who say the world is great and white people/the west is just terrible and racist. If you cant do that..then hell..just start googling videos of other nations, unbias non-political discussions in the street, etc..check out the expats vloggers living in foreign countries and their accounts of the day to day, etc. But I really do suggest you travel.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

a reply to: introvert

Yes and the false narrative aims at achieving that which it bitches so loudly about... silencing through shame. I seriously don't know how so many fall for this BS.

Its piggybacking a old culture war onto any new movement that makes headway.

A good example is a safety net discussion.
A fair debate can be had about how many social programs should be made, for what, who, etc...foodstamps, education, and some temporary assistance may be great for someone falling on hard times, so a discussion about this is fantastic to have, and what amounts is healthy to help.
Then you will eventually attract the loudmouths screaming death to capitalism, everyone who works should have a 3 bedroom house regardless of job, free university to study their philosophy and ancient basket weaving degrees, etc...of course those are the schmucks being soo loud it deafens, and the media points cameras at them, suggesting this is the side for social programs.
And those people might truly believe in their marxist views..hell, China with 1.3b people are under a marxist regime and it is actively being exported as a viable alternative. We cant dismiss them.
So what we then have are splinterings..instead of just liberals, you now have progressives, and counter to that are civil libertarians. on the opposite side you got conservatives breaking into conservative libertarians, establishment gop, and then you got a scattering in between the 4 different sides. But the news still only shows off 2 different sides to a now complex society..there are at least 4 sides minimum going on and should be all given equal time and consideration..but that wont happen..so the loudest ones get the airtime and the identification of half the debate.

Seems kind of prudent to ignore zealots instead of turning it into a pejorative and trying to paint people you disagree with the newest version of cooties, doesn't it?

Not as much fun though I'm guessing, which kind of proves the point... some people aren't interested in discussing anything let alone solving anything, they just want to hurl insults and feel superior. This anti-SJW crusade is exactly such and is as full of zealotry as the cootie infested.

It's probably true that the SJWs many people think are lunatics are but few in number and that they are used to generalise a much larger group of people with more reasonable and noble goals. It's always a big temptation to use labels to shame others into backing down. We see it a lot in all walks of life to shame people like 'conspiracy theorist', 'racist' , 'misogynist' and even whole societies with terms like 'patriarchy', etc.. It won't end soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join