It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think the privileged majority get a little rattled when their throne is threatened by a "lesser" minority getting recognition and the same privileges.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Yes on everything you posted, but... they are damned fun to poke with a stick! Sometimes you're even lucky enough to find one so emotionally jacked up they fall completely apart at basic mocking and ridicule. I call that the Dream Crushing Fist of Reality and it's almost satisfying enough to make the SJW'S overall presence forgive able.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Who is this privileged majority, and how are they privileged?

Is this only a local phenomenon or is this a universal privilege?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Wow! I rarely agree with you, but am open to acknowledging your post is a good explanation for the generational SJW movement. Unfortunately, it falls apart when one looks at the social media comments. I am surprised when older and mature adults get drawn into this generations rebellion. Is that due to the older individuals trying to relive their youth?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

In America?

Me. WASP

Missed it by 1 - not a male.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I am surprised when older and mature adults get drawn into this generations rebellion. Is that due to the older individuals trying to relive their youth?

Like how?

Please explain.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You need to leave here and take your majority privilege with you.
This thread is a safe space in the fight against the new devil - the majority.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yes on everything you posted, but... they are damned fun to poke with a stick! Sometimes you're even lucky enough to find one so emotionally jacked up they fall completely apart at basic mocking and ridicule. I call that the Dream Crushing Fist of Reality and it's almost satisfying enough to make the SJW'S overall presence forgive able.

Again, must not understand the concept. I consider my self a "Social Justice Warrior". I'm really not that fun to poke a stick at. I'm also a dreamer. I had a dream that I'd own my own business, doing what I love to do all day every day with no boss ever. That dream became a reality. Dreaming is good? The reality is NOT what our main stream media and TV shows and public education tells us.

For me, Going to college to work up the corporate ladder and make $150,000 is failure. Doing it my way with no boss, no rules and the potential of unlimited income is the dream. Fighting for what I think is right, is the dream. Standing up for the underdog and helping those in need, every day. That's the dream. Seeing an injustice and making it right? Priceless.
edit on 22-4-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

In fact, I only started hearing about the term Social Justice Warrior when the little boys at GamerGate came under fire for harrassing women in gaming? So, therefore, a social justice warrior, must at it's heart, mean someone who thinks women are equal to men and dislike online harrasement?
edit on 22-4-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

This SJW crap seems like a false narrative being built-up so that it can be torn down.

Ya they just use the people that go above and beyond rationality and then use that to paint anyone who takes a stance they don't agree with a out of control SJW.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yes and the false narrative aims at achieving that which it bitches so loudly about... silencing through shame. I seriously don't know how so many fall for this BS.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

A rant that was relevant enough to prompt that lengthy thought out post. Seems like we all have a strong opinion even if we say we don't.

Thanks for weighing in.

edit on 22-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

In America?

Me. WASP

Such self loathing!

So what have you given away to those of a different color skin that you have worked for or acquired? Anything but your opinion? Would you yank your "white child" out of a college or institution, so that their seat could be occupied by a person of color?

Amazing that a white person should feel guilty for being white, yet anyone of a different color skin should be given the privilege of being racist towards those who are white???

Seriously?

Did you attend this conference/cult?

edit on 22-4-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Whew! Thank God! You dodged a bullet there.

So what exactly is the privilege, you didn't explain that.

Can you quantify it?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This woman does an excellent job of explaining it all:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

In America?

Me. WASP

Such self loathing!

So what have you given away to those of a different color skin that you have worked for or acquired? Anything but your opinion? Would you yank your "white child" out of a college or institution, so that their seat could be occupied by a person of color?

Amazing that a white person should feel guilty for being white, yet anyone of a different color skin should be given the privilege of being racist towards those who are white???

Seriously?

How nice of you to try to interject your own thinking and claim it's mine.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Lol, people were asking for an angle......

That was a joke. Clearly this is a social issue worth talking about.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I also ask, name one society that doesn't have a perceived "privileged" group.

Or are we to just look at the world through problematic lenses where everything is problematic? I mean thats the typical feminist outlook no?
(dont have to answer, it's not like even feminist can agree on what feminism is)
edit on 22-4-2016 by Lysergic because: fingarz

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think the privileged majority get a little rattled when their throne is threatened by a "lesser" minority getting recognition and the same privileges.

Who's privileged? What throne? Who's lesser?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Hahah this woman obviously posts on ATS.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
a reply to: Kali74

I'm also beginning to wonder if this SJW stuff, based upon how people react to it, is not being used as a way to build-up their bravado...machismo, if you will.

Many that bark loudly about this issue seem to put on this tough, manly persona when talking about certain issues. It's like they are trying to build themselves up in some form or fashion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join