It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Don't let Tumblr users anger you :p

Embrace them

edit on 22-4-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Welcome to the rise of the Regressive Left.

edit on 22-4-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Hate speech is hate speech and it isn't inclusive to any group! But I am finding myself in unanimous agreement with the premise of this OP!

I just saw this disturbing video of an obviously mentally handicapped person wanting to kill Trump! Did he get this idea all by himself?

This can apply to the extreme of the right and the left, but don't pretend that hate speech is only "One Sided" and it doesn't soak into the brains of individuals who are not capable of a sane thinking process.

Anyone who promotes speech to make ANYONE feel guilty for who they are, Anyone who promotes speech to provoke anyone towards violence, Anyone who feels their agenda gives them a right to bully or deny anyone who believes differently than they do, IS WRONG!!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It is also a very relevant social issue,not just a rant.

I understand now that it's relevant to you... Not sure what the complaint is exactly (if you want to use racial slurs, you're free to do so), but I see it matters a lot to you that people would disapprove.

But i can see how many people would want discussions of this nature stashed away in BTS.

Again... There's a difference between ATS and BTS? They are all the same to me. Of course, I don't let every little thing get to me. I could care less about SJW and what they up to. It doesn't affect me.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowen20
Who the hell actually takes SJW's seriously anyway?
The trick is to not give a ****, and life is a lot easier when dealing with them. Just live your life being who you are and not worry about their self devouring cult. It even becomes fun to trigger them and watch them squirm when the chance prsents itself. LOL

Too many people do.

Look at the University of Missouri for one. SJWs are loud and obnoxious and yell and scream until people give in. Now Mizzou is suffering the backlash with drastically reduced enrollments and budget shortfalls. The ones who didn't yell and scream and carry on are silently making their voices heard where it counts, but no one reports on that so the impression is that everyone agrees with the SJWs.

Chik-fil-A Day is another prime example of how the noise and bother of SJWs is an facade that often does not reflect the truth.
edit on 22-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Someone needs to toss this into the rant forum..this is just someone shaking their fist.

Will weigh in though:
I find the "sjw" stuff to be just annoying and all encompassing, but its a meaningless label overall. Some social activism is good..its needed. a discussion on say, what toilet should be available to a transgender person is fine, or a movement for simple awareness of trans folk so they dont continue to be the butt of all jokes (they are goign through enough). the social activism to bring homosexual people into the light a couple decades back from a bunch of freaks and weirdos to normal people who simply like different stuff was social "justice"
...actually it wasn't justice, it was activism to stop hating on a specific group as the norm, and to make them less strange..and thats cool as hell.

As far as if someone is dropping some word bombs like a racist fool, then calling them out on it isn't social "justice", it is just calling out a jerk.and that I am in favor of...put a big spotlight on the sewage of society so others learn what a fool looks like.

I...very much dislike the modern day "social justice warrior" hipster safe space finger wiggling pro-censorship fix the internet so muh feelings dont get hurt types..they are not seeking justice, or activism..they are seeking purity and control through false narratives, group think, and crybullying. the term sjw is a mocking term because they dont practice justice at all..and warriors..well warriors dont build things..their issue is to fight and hurt until others capitulate to their desires by force..so that bit serves them well.

But yeah, focus in on a individual battle..because thing is, its a abused word..someone tells you to stop being such a d--k, you can cry out they are a sjw trying to silence you..or..you could reflect on what you are saying/doing and think..ok, maybe I can rephrase or tone things down to a more civil level. Its a nuanced discussion.

Feminism is a great example. some 2nd wave feminists are great..whats also great are more female voices to represent themselves in hobby..women who are avid gamers cheering on good new IPs that represent them..awesome. then you got the 3rd wave feminists who in the same gamer example will mostly just be complaining about the male characters, complaining about butt poses and shirts, etc...the 3rd wavers are soo loud, soo obnoxious, and soo entitled jerks clearly and overtly hostile towards men and masculine traits that they are the ones being most associated (lately) with modern 1st world feminism..but can you rightly say then that feminists are idiots? not really..not accurately. the screaming sjws dont = all feminists...they just demand they do. (probably why most people dont consider themselves a feminist..too much 3rd wave crazyness going on you have to associate with).

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I completely agree with you GoShredAK. To be honest, I just found out about this whole SJW thing last night, and I am utterly confused. I mean, what is the goal of these SJW's? What have I missed in regards to being a white male? Is it sort of like "look at me i'm so outraged and smart, everybody else is racist and backwards"? I mean did they miss out on some love by their parents? Do they need a hug? Maybe partake in some herbal activities? I need to get to work creating the worlds' largest face so it can be facepalmed over and over....

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The 60's had the hippie anti-war movement, 1970 saw the first "Earth Day" and we had the oil crisis and the start of modern environmentalism...the 80's had punk rock. The 90's had grunge.

There isn't anything left for the youth of today. The boundaries have all been pushed by previous generations. Teens and young 20-somethings don't have their "own" causes or counter-culture movement. Chances are, if you're 22 -- you parents listen to the same music you do, and probably play more Xbox than you.

When I was a kid my parents had ZERO interest in my toys. They didn't care or want to know what a "Nintendo" was. Now? If I had a kid, he'd be jealous of my Lego collection. I'd be all about the toys of my kids...because they're just newer versions of the same things I had. The same wasn't for me and my parents. My parents had slinky's and wood blocks. I had Ninja Turtles and Transformers.

I'd still want to play with new Transformers, much to my kids dismay. As soon as Mom or Dad thinks something is cool, its no longer cool.

Kids always have, and always will look for ways to push back against authority and try to be "anti-establishment" to piss the older generation off.

In today's world, there isn't anywhere for them to go.

It's all been done before.

Except....

Social Justice Warriors!

It's just a new way for the young people to push against their elders and piss them off. I guarantee none of them really feel strongly about any of this crap deep down. It's attention-seeking, rebel-rousing not unlike previous youth movements of the past.

My advice? Just ignore it and don't "accept" it into your reality. No one takes them seriously, and the more people get upset and up in arms the more legitimacy and power of your they gain.

If that is true I dread to think about the next generations cause. I can't even imagine what it would be.

As for today's SJWs I think the offer the opportunity for a lot of fun.
edit on 22/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

So much hate. . . .

I'm posting this from my safe place.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So much hate. . . .

I'm posting this from my safe place.

That's not fair - i don't have a safe space. Everything is soooo unjust. You must be racist.

edit on 22/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Racism. It is clear the ones crying racism are the most racist of all.

Can you give an example of that? To me it sounds like you're saying the cries of racism wherever they arise are false.

Here is where I see the hypocrisy with a LOT of race-warriors.

When it comes to college quotas to assure that X-number of minorities are enrolled.... the people that support these policies are essentially saying that these minorities aren't smart enough to make it on their own.

In the work place with things like affirmative action, similarly to my previous example, they are basically indicating that minorities aren't skilled enough to get jobs on their own.

I often hear that requesting voters provide ID has racist undertones. Why? Because those people are apparently saying that minorities are too stupid to figure out how to get an ID.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Feminism is a great example. some 2nd wave feminists are great..whats also great are more female voices to represent themselves in hobby..women who are avid gamers cheering on good new IPs that represent them..awesome. then you got the 3rd wave feminists who in the same gamer example will mostly just be complaining about the male characters, complaining about butt poses and shirts, etc...the 3rd wavers are soo loud, soo obnoxious, and soo entitled jerks clearly and overtly hostile towards men and masculine traits that they are the ones being most associated (lately) with modern 1st world feminism..but can you rightly say then that feminists are idiots? not really..not accurately. the screaming sjws dont = all feminists...they just demand they do. (probably why most people dont consider themselves a feminist..too much 3rd wave crazyness going on you have to associate with).

Agree with this wholeheartedly. I like seeing strong female characters, but there is nothing wrong with manly men either.

Society should NOT be moving to emasculate men and that might be part of the whole rape problem. It's a power issue, not a sex thing. You want men to stop feeling like they need to assert their power? Then let them self-realize as masculine, powerful males in other ways, and one way to do that is by letting them see truly powerful males in the mold of a John Wayne or Clint Eastwood style protagonist. There is nothing wrong with it.

So long as the super manly man treats the lady right, it's all good, and if that's not my cup of tea to play, then I don't buy the game, but plenty of gamers would and there is nothing wrong with that either.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
@everybody

I am quite content.

Ats happens to be a place for discussion. I'm simply voicing my opinion. Utilizing ats.

edit on 22-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
They say you're full of hate if you express any opinion other than their own. Yet they are filled with hate. It's clear that anyone not bending backwards for political correctness is hated.

We never brought any of this crap up. It is being forced down peoples throats. That is wrong, and anybody who is not down with this deserves the right to speak up. The only ones expressing hate and intolerance are you guys, the SJWs and special snowflakes. You talk about us violating your safe space but we were just chilling before you all started yelling at us. Telling us how to think, how to live.

I could give two flying you know what's about someone's private business, gender, or race. just please mind your business and ill mind mine.

The only ones perpetuating hate and division are you guys. Social justice idio--err warriors, and special special snowflakes.

Yeah. I'm done walking on eggshells. You cannot force society to bend to your will. Now show me your hate.

I'll bite OP. The main reason is that I don't like labels. But...I consider myself a Social Justice Warrior. Who wouldn't want justice for all? That means I am aggressively opposed to Bullying. I teach Self Defense and see the emotional scars (Real) and low self esteem that bullying creates. I also see the physical scars (real). My children have been taught and know that if they see a kid getting bullied at school they can intervene and use force if necessary to stop it and they won't get in any trouble by me.

If I see any type of bullying, harassment, aggression, crime, threatening behavior or intimidation anywhere, I will step in immediately and stop it. I also don't tollerate online harrasement and will step in immediately there as well.

I'll let it be known that both the die hard liberals adn the die hard conservatives in my life are idiots. People like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and the rest of those clowns want to divide us. It works well. I see all the brainwashed idiots on my facebook feed every day.

And what is PC -Political Correctness? Manners and respect. If I see someone from a native American Tribe, I don't call them an Indian or a Redskin. That's respect. You got to give it to earn it. I also don't get offended if someone want's to remove the Redskins or Indians maskot and team names. It's just a name. Get over it. Move on.

It's the PC police that get all upset over Harriet on the new $20 or removing the Redskins name, or Beyonce doing her halftime show or black lives matter protestors. Why are you guys so offended by this? Get over it. We used be tough. We didn't get offended. We didn't tolerate haters and bullies.

I'm a Social Justice Warrior and just like my favorite movie quote. Wherever there's a cop beating a guy, I'll be there. Wherever there's a hater on Fox news pretending Obama is the worse president ever without any proof, I'll be there. Wherever there's online harrasment by the 12 year old boys at GamerGate, I'll be there. Wherever someone's discriminating against a gay woman, I'll be there. Wherever there's outrage because Beyonce scares you, I'll be there. I got her back. Wherever there's a protest against the NSA spying on every single american, not because they're looking for criminals, but because they want to control us, I'll be there. Wherever there's outrage against Mad Max and the force awakens because Ya'll afraid of strong females, I'll be there. Wherever Katniss talks about equal pay, I'll be there.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Great and informative video

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just when I start to forget how ATSers like to whinge and cry..along comes a post like this.

Very poor post.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: GoShredAK
They say you're full of hate if you express any opinion other than their own. Yet they are filled with hate. It's clear that anyone not bending backwards for political correctness is hated.

We never brought any of this crap up. It is being forced down peoples throats. That is wrong, and anybody who is not down with this deserves the right to speak up. The only ones expressing hate and intolerance are you guys, the SJWs and special snowflakes. You talk about us violating your safe space but we were just chilling before you all started yelling at us. Telling us how to think, how to live.

I could give two flying you know what's about someone's private business, gender, or race. just please mind your business and ill mind mine.

The only ones perpetuating hate and division are you guys. Social justice idio--err warriors, and special special snowflakes.

Yeah. I'm done walking on eggshells. You cannot force society to bend to your will. Now show me your hate.

I'll bite OP. The main reason is that I don't like labels. But...I consider myself a Social Justice Warrior. Who wouldn't want justice for all? That means I am aggressively opposed to Bullying. I teach Self Defense and see the emotional scars (Real) and low self esteem that bullying creates. I also see the physical scars (real). My children have been taught and know that if they see a kid getting bullied at school they can intervene and use force if necessary to stop it and they won't get in any trouble by me.

If I see any type of bullying, harassment, aggression, crime, threatening behavior or intimidation anywhere, I will step in immediately and stop it. I also don't tollerate online harrasement and will step in immediately there as well.

I'll let it be known that both the die hard liberals adn the die hard conservatives in my life are idiots. People like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and the rest of those clowns want to divide us. It works well. I see all the brainwashed idiots on my facebook feed every day.

And what is PC -Political Correctness? Manners and respect. If I see someone from a native American Tribe, I don't call them an Indian or a Redskin. That's respect. You got to give it to earn it. I also don't get offended if someone want's to remove the Redskins or Indians maskot and team names. It's just a name. Get over it. Move on.

It's the PC police that get all upset over Harriet on the new $20 or removing the Redskins name, or Beyonce doing her halftime show or black lives matter protestors. Why are you guys so offended by this? Get over it. We used be tough. We didn't get offended. We didn't tolerate haters and bullies.

I'm a Social Justice Warrior and just like my favorite movie quote. Wherever there's a cop beating a guy, I'll be there. Wherever there's a hater on Fox news pretending Obama is the worse president ever without any proof, I'll be there. Wherever there's online harrasment by the 12 year old boys at GamerGate, I'll be there. Wherever someone's discriminating against a gay woman, I'll be there. Wherever there's outrage because Beyonce scares you, I'll be there. I got her back. Wherever there's a protest against the NSA spying on every single american, not because they're looking for criminals, but because they want to control us, I'll be there. Wherever there's outrage against Mad Max and the force awakens because Ya'll afraid of strong females, I'll be there. Wherever Katniss talks about equal pay, I'll be there.

Oh good lord.......Where is the *rolls eyes* emoticon?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It seems to me that it's the white males doing a fair amount of "poor me" and worried about being branded racist just for being white eh, snowflake?

Not me.... I'm comfortable being an extremely handsome white All American male with a nice ride and a trophy white honey on my arm.

Call me cracker, call me jacker, I ain't no booboo and got lots of jew jew.

"Mi pobre hijo"

edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: snowen20

Amen!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Hmmm you sound more like a good person with common sense.

"These are not the sjws you're looking for"

Take a look, the people I'm talking about are the bullies.
edit on 22-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join