It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Who is really doing all the whining here "snowflake?"

Totally agree with you on the reversal there

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: mOjOm

No one is, but what goes around comes around.

Everyone is so concerned with not being victimized that they are busy pointing fingers at the ones whom they perceived to have victimized them. And it's funny, but they all seem to point their fingers in the same place.

Face it, you and I are the "other" now by default. You can either embrace Stockholm Syndrome thinking and you can point the finger at your fellows which usually involves slinging around labels like racism, sexism, homophobe, etc., so that you can assuage yourself with the feeling that at you are more enlightened than your fellow others, or you can accept that you are the other because you have the wrong color skin and belong to the wrong racial/cultural demographics and fight against it wholeheartedly despite the labels.

What happens when they run out of things to point fingers at or should I say, run out of fingers to point at?

Like saturnfx said, let them go fix some real "privilege" issues because on a global scale, the USA is pretty good about things.

It's just bringing down the country by shoving BS down everyones throat.

There is no utopia and never will be, on this earth. Life by definition is not fair.

Wake up people.

These sjw's think they are standing in front of a line of tanks.

edit on 4 22 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Crybaby stuff? Oh so if one is heartily sick and tired of hearing about this whole white privilege/white male privilege crap it makes one a whiner or a crybaby? I disagree completely.Glad you're doing fine-and i mean that- but my family and myself have been battling our asses off for years to just make it to each payday.My very brainy daughter cannot even go university because we are too poor to afford it! So pardon me if i am pissed off and effing sick unto vomiting of hearing how privileged all whites are!!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: Freija
I'm Mexican, trump is trying to build a wall to keep me in here. That's why I'm mad

Just trying to lighten the mood, I doubt it worked but that's all i got.

But ya, Mexican mutt type of person.

ah, pobrecito, hijo pelon llorar...

I'm Mexican but I was born in America. I don't understand your stupid burrito language.

Fantastic, I'm the rich white guy born in Lubbock Texas, and just happen to be bilingual. I also speak a little Navajo as well as a smattering of Tewa.

Burrito language...I think Spanish is beautiful, expressive and poetic.

I apologize. I'm of Hispanic descent and jokes like that never bothered me. I should have taken into consideration that you were sensitive.

You must defer to his "privilege" doncha know.

But the burrito joke was funny, I speak chinglish.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I am not a man.Doesn't mean i cannot feel pissed off about about this white/white man privilege BS.Because it is a pile of steaming BS and taking issue with it has nothing to do with being a victim.It has to do about speaking up and speaking out about fallacious crap.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I'm Mexican, trump is trying to build a wall to keep me in here. That's why I'm mad

I'm Mexican but I was born in America. I don't understand your stupid burrito language.

Fantastic, I'm the rich white guy born in Lubbock Texas, and just happen to be bilingual. I also speak a little Navajo as well as a smattering of Tewa.

I apologize. I'm of Hispanic descent and jokes like that never bothered me. I should have taken into consideration that you were sensitive.

I'm not sensitive. I'm rich, brutally handsome and have a girl friend with huge breasts. I'm blessed!!

Make sure she is not an SJW or you will soon lose access to the breasts, lose all your money and then later your looks after a few years on the bottle.

I don't care what happens. I'm a winner and can rise like a phoenix to spread my wings and overcome any obstacles.

I was at one time a hopeless coc aine addicted drunk and it was the love of a good woman that saved my ass. Like I said...I'm blessed!!!

Ok,

Group 1: Hopeless coc aine addicted drunk.

Yeah, that's why I say the rest of you payaso chongos can besa mi c*** !! That PC enough for ya?

Bunch a f***** perdedores as far as I'm concerned. Bring me another burrito, por favor!

I'd kill for a Taco Bell right now.

Ever have a churro in a chinese cinema?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

And im not writing it again.My post is right there-you can't be bothered to read it again,no skin off my nose.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: GoShredAK

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

This is maybe the 100th of these whiny rants this month alone. How many threads from "Social Justice Warriors" in the same time frame decrying bigotry?

Who is really doing all the whining here "snowflake?"

Isn't "snowflake" a racist term? Because snow is white an stuff?

I think so.

Bigotry. Gimme a break.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I gotta be honest. I don't see a lot of white guys, any actually, whining. They seem pretty pissed off sure, but that's about it.

Well, let's just call it complaining then. Because whether it's whining or being pissed off or whatever it's pathetic. Especially when it's being done over something as broad as "whiteness". It's ridiculous. There are valid reasons to be upset but the idea that there is some great injustice happening here in America against White Men is just insane.

There is no shortage of white male influence and culture here in America. Over time the dominance of it has probably lessened to make way for other various influences but so what??? It's not like we're soon to be wiped out of existence. Even if there was some agenda to make that happen I don't accept the notion that we are so weak that it would ever happen anyway. We are pretty well established on this planet at this point.

If anything what I see is just the weakest of the "White Males" getting scared that they might have to rise up to the challenge of being somebody worth having around for a change. So they have made up this idea of being a victim. Well even if that's true, guess what, join the club because everyone is a victim in a billion different ways. It's called life and that's how it works. But what I don't like is that there is this lingering pity party happening for the White Man, which I am part of by default and to me it's making us all look lame.

Like always, all it takes is a couple of idiots to make the whole group look bad and that's what I'm seeing. Rather than get all butt hurt because things are tough they need to suck it up and either get through it or just lay down and die. But whatever they choose, keep it to themselves. Listening to the complainers complain about life being too hard is almost as bad as listening to the winners brag about how easy it is as they just get to skip through life with all the goodies given to them.

Maybe I'm just sick of everyone, who knows. This post just kind of went off the rails into some rant with zero direction....

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I'm not sensitive. I'm rich, brutally handsome and have a girl friend with huge breasts. I'm blessed!!

Make sure she is not an SJW or you will soon lose access to the breasts, lose all your money and then later your looks after a few years on the bottle.

I don't care what happens. I'm a winner and can rise like a phoenix to spread my wings and overcome any obstacles.

I was at one time a hopeless coc aine addicted drunk and it was the love of a good woman that saved my ass. Like I said...I'm blessed!!!

Ok,

Group 1: Hopeless coc aine addicted drunk.

Yeah, that's why I say the rest of you payaso chongos can besa mi c*** !! That PC enough for ya?

Bunch a f***** perdedores as far as I'm concerned. Bring me another burrito, por favor!

I'd kill for a Taco Bell right now.

Ever have a churro in a chinese cinema?

I've only had churro's on the beach at Todos Santos. Are they better in a Chinese cinema. The only thing I ate in a Chinese movie house was mushrooms. San Francisco in the 70s.while finishing up an MA in Anthro at Cal State East Bay.
If I remember correctly it was a Wang Kar-Wai film.

Yep, I'm a guiltless White privileged male....I don't know if I'm a SJW but I give bums on the street a lot of money when they ask for it.
I don't care if they buy drugs or alcohol...There but for the grace of God and all that Jazz....

I do think that all the name calling by conservatives like SJW, snowflake, libtard, commies and moonbats smaks of trailer park vernacular.
edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I get it man. But from what I can tell it's like that for 90-something percent of us. Pretty much everyone is just making it. Some better than others of course. I'm no different than you or living a life of any privilege trust me. The only difference is I don't have kids to worry about. But my wife and I have struggled always. Hell, when I was a kid my single mother struggled the whole time too. I've never known a life that wasn't paycheck to paycheck. Sometimes there wasn't even a paycheck. That really sucks.

But I think in the end and looking back it would be much better if we all took our lumps with some dignity and showed our strength to take some hits and keep going rather than take some hits and bitch out. Mostly when I say that I'm saying it from the perspective of the group. Not individuals. I'm not saying your life is just fine so you need to shut up about your problems. As an individual we all have different issues and problems. That's different than saying "Poor White Men". The whole group pity thing just isn't correct. That doesn't mean that YOU aren't actually a victim of some of what's going on. But saying the "White Male" overall is being persecuted just isn't so. Not anymore than anyone else for sure.

Maybe that will make more sense of what I'm saying.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Note: I want to say that I only discuss/debate/argue/fight with people that I respect and overall (and in no uncertain terms) I find you to be a very decent person so I don't want you to think that I'm attacking you and I don't believe you are attacking me.

That being said....

You said...

I never said "had it better" nor did I define what any of these supposed "privileges" are.

May I ask then, what are these "privileges?" Please define them and give me some insight as to how they have benefited me.

You said....

And your apparent outrage is further proof that the implication of having some kind of "advantage" or "leg up" in the world due to one's skin color/heritage is an assault on the ego. If it wasn't, you wouldn't be offended.

In the "Cliffs Notes" version of my biography I shared some of my struggles... please detail my "advantage" or "leg up" scenario. If you cannot provide me with a true scenario that I had benefited from then yes, of course I would be a bit upset. If not, and if you are including me in your "white privilege" broad brush you are essentially kicking me in the nuts (out of nowhere) and then acting surprised that I'm upset.

You said...

One question though, if being white didn't extend any advantages to you, would you gladly trade your skin color to black to prove that point? (hypothetically of course).

I'm reluctant to answer that because of the absurdity of it. I see TONS and TONS of people that are richer than I am, that drive fancier cars, that have wonderful homes.... yet I've never wanted to "switch places with anyone... EVER." I LOVE my live and I wouldn't trade it for the world. So no, I wouldn't choose to do it again as anyone besides myself and the fact that you would ask that question is kinda.... lame.

You also said...

I'd like to add that simply because you haven't appeared to have "benefited" (or can't see how you have in any way) that such a privilege might exist, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

So you can't find an apparent way that I have "benefited" from it.... and I can't see how I benefited from it... it MIGHT exist or it MIGHT not....

So you're not sure if I benefited from it but you're willing to (essentially) find me guilty.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

They say you're full of hate if you express any opinion other than their own.

This is the core of it.

They want to argue with you, ostensibly to change your point of view. But they then set the rules of engagement in a way that eliminates your ability to even discuss without being accused of being hateful.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It occurs to me that SJW's have about as much ability to describe what 'whiteness' is as transgenders have to tell me what their 'identity' is.

They really have no idea, but liberals/progressives sure do want to believe it.
edit on 22-4-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
This is the core of it.

They want to argue with you, ostensibly to change your point of view. But they then set the rules of engagement in a way that eliminates your ability to even discuss without being accused of being hateful.

Isn't that what "they" are also doing to "them" too??? (Whoever "They" and "Them" it is we are talking about.)

Because that is what "they" are being accused of doing while it's being done to "them". "They" keep accusing "Them" of being hateful but "they" are hating on "them" just as much.

I think I'm starting to see why this never gets US anywhere.
edit on 22-4-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

well....that was as confusing as you could make it.

The thread is about SJW's. If we need to define what that is, please advise. Otherwise, you now know who "they" is.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm going to defend the SJW's for a moment.

Perhaps they are angry. They may feel betrayed. Betrayed by the system, the government. But they are conflicted because their ideology glorifies government/authoritarian control.

So they strike out at the nearest, easiest target they can find.

The wealthy, the successful. They strike out at white people because they have to direct their anger somewhere.

They must be feeling frustrated. Nothing is going how they wanted.

They use their First Amendment, but get angry when others do.

They despise the Second Amendment, but always want more freedoms.

They are a study in contradictions.

It must be infuriating.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

well....that was as confusing as you could make it.

My thoughts exactly.

The thread is about SJW's. If we need to define what that is, please advise. Otherwise, you now know who "they" is.

So "they" are the SJW's??? So what does that make "Us"??? Because sometimes "they" sound a lot like "us" and "we" sound a lot like "them". "They" sound like "them" too.

Does anyone know who "We" are or why "they" keep hating on "us" when "we" fight with "them" about something "they" keep saying. Why do "we" keep fighting "them" when "they" seem so similar to "us" in so many ways.

I just can't figure it out.

edit on 22-4-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

There isn't "they" and "us". There is "they" and "me".

I don't know who "us" is, except maybe my wife and kids. And they don't pull crap like asking my opinion on something then whining about the words I chose to express that opinion being "offensive".

That is an example of what would delineate "them" and any "us" that I associate with.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

There isn't "they" and "us". There is "they" and "me".

I don't know who "us" is, except maybe my wife and kids. And they don't pull crap like asking my opinion on something then whining about the words I chose to express that opinion being "offensive".

That is an example of what would delineate "them" and any "us" that I associate with.

Don't forget the classification of "people like You" ....i consider that a "me" but "they" consider "me" a "them"

Praise God...

edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join