It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz allegedly bribing delegate, caught on camera

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I added the word 'allegedly' to the title, as I am not sure of what was being transferred or even if the recipient was in fact a delegate. It could've been cash or an autograph. I just thought it was an interesting video in the fact that whatever is being transacted is so much out in the open. I would suspect transactions of this type is done through surrogates in back rooms. Could Cruz even be so stupid?

video not working: www.youtube.com...
edit on 4jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

You might be onto something as the video is 'inoperative' ... conspiracy?????

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'd imagine the price would be a briefcase full of notes...but maybe things are cheap in the GOP

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Here ya go!

Reminds me of how street dealers hand off cash for drugs. Why act so shady if you are doing something on the up and up?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Meh. Not surprised. I honestly think 99.99% of those in politics are just scum. Every party/politician is doing this (imo)
This one just might have been caught.

I still do not condone or find this any way just or fair. Money and politics should never be intertwined.
The root of evil and the people who govern the world are firmly rooted together, no wonder it's all just shady and toxic.

(I still hope one day, us as humans can move past this kind of corruption. Though, maybe I'm just a dreamer....)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Whoa, that did look pretty damning....maybe he was just getting a 1/4...

edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Are you kidding? That was $20 max. Do you actually think that little cash is all it takes to bribe a delegate? You have no reason to call what you saw on that video a 'bribe." You have to do a lot more than show a small amount of cash being exchanged to come to that conclusion.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Here ya go!

Reminds me of how street dealers hand off cash for drugs. Why act so shady if you are doing something on the up and up?

Thanks.
Ya that's what got me, whatever it was, he made it look pretty shady.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That was definitely money and it definitely looked like he was trying to hide the fact that he was passing it.

I'm sure it was just for some nabs and a coke or his smeatway sub sandwich order...

ETA- Regardless of what the money was for, he should be aware of the optics of such a thing considering the current atmosphere and allegations already swirling around him.
edit on 4/22/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nothing would surprise me, but anything verified as to what that was about?

My first thought was a list and money to pay for something like a round of coffee or lunch?

I wonder if the person who made video even knows?

It's silly season.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Are you kidding? That was $20 max. Do you actually think that little cash is all it takes to bribe a delegate? You have no reason to call what you saw on that video a 'bribe." You have to do a lot more than show a small amount of cash being exchanged to come to that conclusion.

You must have amazing eyesight to be able to see the denomination. Plus your inside knowledge of how much it takes to bribe a delegate is astounding. Please share with us the going rate of a bribe. Thanks in advance. And I didn't come to that conclusion, that was the title title of the video. And I said I didn't know what was being handed over.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

You must have amazing eyesight to be able to see the denomination. Plus your inside knowledge of how much it takes to bribe a delegate is astounding. Please share with us the going rate of a bribe. Thanks in advance. And I didn't come to that conclusion, that was the title title of the video. And I said I didn't know what was being handed over.

Wow, the sarcasm is great with this one. Let's use a little common sense. That folded bill could not have been a lot of money. Yes, my eyesight IS good, and it looked like a $5 bill to me, but it could have been more. So if it were a $20, meh? Cost of a pizza. Now, are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that the small amount of cash seen here (It was NOT a bundle, was it?) is enough to bribe a delegate? Are they that cheap? Really?? I say it would take many hundreds if not thousands to bribe a delegate, and NOBODY would do it in the open like this.

Now, the fact is that a delegate (and you're SURE this was a delegate how, exactly? Since all you saw was an arm.) has already spent hundreds of dollars to attend a state convention. How do I know? Because I have been a delegate to a state convention. And between transportation, food, and lodging, it costs hundreds of dollars to just show up.

Now, if you're going to go around accusing Cruz of "bribing delegates" you're going to have to prove it. And showing a YouTube video does not cut it as proof. So, if yer so damn smart, take that video to the elections commission and pass it around and let's just see what they say (after they pick themselves up off the floor from laughing so hard.)

The idea that this is "bribing a delegate" is ludicrous. And the fact that some of you buy off on this explanation is even more so. Talk about Low Information Voters, some of you guys really need to get a clue here.

And I'm not voting for Cruz. Too evangelical for me.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Pretty sure you couldn't bribe a delegate with the amount of cash he was holding. If it even was cash.
Probably the menu from the deli and a twenty to get a turkey on rye and a diet coke.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yup, looks like a single one million dollar bill to me. Seems more reasonable than passing $20 to a staffer to pay for something. I like how this video proves nothing, and then people are like "PROVE IT WAS JUST A $20!" Hahahahaha!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Just saying there are much larger denominations out there. My grandmother about 20yrs ago had 5k note. Not saying that Cruz had that as they are quite rare but still.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Knowing Ted, and I don't, It was for Papa Johns.

Apparently they've been bought out.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Maybe the guy dropped it and Cruz was handing it back? Or maybe the dude wanted Cruz to sign his autograph on it, and he did and was giving it back?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

They did say allegedly and besides, some people are cheaper than others.

Maybe Cruz lost a bet?
edit on 22/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
No, No, he was just getting a backdoor deal on a large quantity of Campbell Soup.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Is it possible someone was trying to give cruz the money? As in past it to him when he handed him whatever it is that is being signed? Because sure at fist it looks like he is trying to hide something, but then just openly hands the person the money.
I am no fan of Cruz by any means but this seems like a stretch. These guys don't bribe out in the open like this, that type of thing happens behind closed doors with much more money.
Have to agree that this is at most one bill so lets cap that possibly at 100 bucks, not really bribe money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join