It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Year Old Refugee Poses As 17 Year Old High School Basketball Star

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I came across this article this morning, and thought it was absolutely hilarious. An African refugee in Canada has been posing as a 17 year old high school student. He is Windsor High Schools' star center, and he is 30 years old. The most interesting thing about this situation, as that Jonathan Nicola has been living with the HS basketball coach , Pete Cusumano.
Article
Jonathan has since been arrested, but I am more curious to see what happens with the coach. As you can see in the video below, it would be hard to pass this guy off as a 25 year old, let alone a 17 year old high school student. I can only imagine that people were terrified of speaking up about this. If they ended up being wrong and he actually was a 17 year old, you can bet discrimination lawsuits would ensue. The media firestorm would be so much more than it is if that was the story. Anyways, check out the video, pretty funny story.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sounds like a real den of iniquity.

I wonder what makes some people tick.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You tend to accept what you've been told because you're not expecting the lie, certainly not in a high school.

My wife gets asked for ID for the lottery (16), cigs (16) and alcohol (18). She's 35 years old. I don't see it but people usually think she's about 17.

A few years ago one of the kids I teach asked if it was my daughter she saw me in town with - I was not happy since I am just 5 years older.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Jesus dude.

He doesn't even look remotely like he's 21 let alone 17.

Guys face is weathered.

Anyways, another day, another hilarious event.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

What if he feels like he is 17, shouldnt they let him play?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

The rest of the world should kowtow.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I think he changes in the girls lockers. They are very progressive in Canada.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Maybe he is 30 and Identifies himself as 17?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I would hate for them to call him out and offend him.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Im gonna head to Europe as an American refugee and get some free housing maybe even crush some kids in basketball and be the star I always wanted to be in high school

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Oh it's in Canada. Heard a similar story from sweden

But still

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is actually very common with athletes from Africa. There have been quite a few footballers in the UK over the years, where their ages were widely believed to have been false.

HuffPost

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

They do it because they know they won't deport a minor

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

That's crazy! I can sympathize with their situations, I understand they are coming from a rough area and that they are just trying to make a life for themselves, but how shady is that? Can you imagine running around living a lie, especially being the star player?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Ha, I was just thinking that after all this transgendered bullcrap.

What if he identifies as a 17 yr old? Who's to tell him what age group he should or should not identify with? Maybe he feels 17 on the inside instead of 30. How's that different than feeling like a woman even though you have a pecker?

Once the door is opened to allowing people to do what they want because they "identify" with this or that, you can't then cherry pick when that is or isn't allowed.

edit on 22-4-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Im gonna head to Europe as an American refugee and get some free housing maybe even crush some kids in basketball and be the star I always wanted to be in high school

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wow. Just goes to show nobody gives a Damn about schools anymore. I feel as if everyone truly is becoming deaf dumb and blind. The head line to Isis cells living outside America "Come on in boys the water's fine!" .Meanwhile Homeland security is probably having drone drag races in an undisclosed underground location. All school does is continue the serfdom. On a different note, we need to limit foreigners supply to movies such as The Benchwarmers, as such material is becoming powerful Intel to our enemies. Lol

originally posted by: Winstonian
I came across this article this morning, and thought it was absolutely hilarious An African refugee in Canada has been posing as a 17 year old high school student. He is Windsor High Schools' star center, and he is 30 years old. The most interesting thing about this situation, as that Jonathan Nicola has been living with the HS basketball coach , Pete Cusumano.
Article
Jonathan has since been arrested, but I am more curious to see what happens with the coach. As you can see in the video below, it would be hard to pass this guy off as a 25 year old, let alone a 17 year old high school student. I can only imagine that people were terrified of speaking up about this. If they ended up being wrong and he actually was a 17 year old, you can bet discrimination lawsuits would ensue. The media firestorm would be so much more than it is if that was the story. Anyways, check out the video, pretty funny story.

edit on 22-4-2016 by PharoahSpiderMan because: words

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian I guess ill be the one to ask, since he was posing as a 17 year old was he banging any of the 17 year old girls there? Perfect atmosphere for a pervert refugee right there.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

I talked about that in the video, if I was a parent there I would be appalled. What an absolute outrage.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Reminds of the article I seen on here about the fastest "14 year old" in Sweden.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join