It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 family members killed inside Ohio home, shooter still active

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The Sherriff is also advising the remaining family members to arm themselves.

"We have a specific family that's been targeted but I don't think there's been a threat to any other members of the community," he said. "I cautioned them they are a target and I cautioned them, 'Be armed.'"

CNN

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Somebody knows something. This kind of violence has to stem from something that the victims would have talked about to close friends.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
www.dispatch.com...

No one has officially offered a motive, but speculation is running rampant about how the marijuana signals some connection to a Mexican drug cartel. That is largely fueled by the fact that in 2012, BCI agents — during their annual hunt for marijuana plants — found 1,200 plants growing on a Pike County hillside. They also found abandoned camps with evidence that Mexican nationals had stayed there. At the time, DeWine said he suspected the work of a cartel.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Also evidence of cock fighting was found. This is looking more and more like a Mexican drug cartel hit.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I grew up about 2 miles from the site. Was friends with Josh Rhoden in elementary school, though i havent seen him for 20 yrs.
There's always been pot grown around there. It's so rural and wooded, it's perfect. Riding 4-wheelers was always something we did with caution. If you saw something, just keep riding, don't stop.
Now, hard drugs are so rampant in that area (all of Ohio really) that i can't imagine pot was the only thing involved. Way more $$$ in heroin. Don't be surprised if everything gets tracked through Portsmouth on the river. Rough town.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieHustle
I grew up about 2 miles from the site. Was friends with Josh Rhoden in elementary school, though i havent seen him for 20 yrs.
There's always been pot grown around there. It's so rural and wooded, it's perfect. Riding 4-wheelers was always something we did with caution. If you saw something, just keep riding, don't stop.
Now, hard drugs are so rampant in that area (all of Ohio really) that i can't imagine pot was the only thing involved. Way more $$$ in heroin. Don't be surprised if everything gets tracked through Portsmouth on the river. Rough town.

Thanks for your info. Sending regards.

Heroin use in the US has grown by a staggering amount in recent years.

A report issued this summer by the Centers for Disease Control found the number of heroin users in the US had grown by almost 300,000 over the last decade, and the increase has occurred among men and women in almost every age group and at all income levels.

Source

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
its been reported the shooting victims were shot in their sleep, so that implies a silencer, right ?

I don't think the local competition kills your whole family, this is high level stuff, they pissed off a top guy at a cartel/mafia level

I bet they never find the killers

If the authorities have any clue who committed this awful crime, then they are keeping that information away from the media. Other family members aren't going to talk, obviously. Unless they were given witness protection, with a guarantee they wouldn't have to testify or be named as a witness for the prosecution, I don't see them saying a damn thing.

I cannot blame them, either.

Lots of info and lots of garbage on the Piketon, Ohio Topix forum. Seems a lot of locals are discussing the case there. Link to Piketon Topix Forum

Coroner said today that one of the victims was shot NINE times. Seems like overkill to me. All were shot at least twice and several had bruising/indications that they were beaten before they were killed.

Someone in that family knew something or was involved with some very dangerous people...This doesn't just happen and continue to go unsolved with no suspects/motive very often. If, at all. Family annihilators are usually a member of the family or someone who has a serious axe to grind.

Hope they figure it out soon.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

thanks for the welcome.

as far as the babies, I talked to my friend who is a cop in this area, he said that they were taken to an undisclosed location for their safety, although I doubt they are in danger, otherwise they would have been offed. I believe certain people were killed with a motive, while the others were simply taken care of as loose ends who might be able to tell the authorities who might be involved

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CJMcIntosh

I went to that link...64 pages!!! AI read the first few and the last few....the latest I saw the 16 year old was the one threatened on facebook

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

so...all this drug talk...the dude has recinded the $25,000. reward www.dailymail.co.uk... ressed-camo-gear-loved-hunting.html

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

can't believe this story has dropped like a rock......

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

someone asked how big was this marijuana growing was on the properties...saw an article today about 100 plants

www.cnn.com...

relatives are closing ranks....the link above describes the area how it changerd over the years ,etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join