It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 family members killed inside Ohio home, shooter still active

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

PIKETON, Ohio (April 24, 2016) — Investigators found three marijuana “grow operations” at residences where eight family members were slain in southern Ohio, state Attorney General Mike DeWine said Sunday at a news conference.

He didn’t say whether the marijuana was connected to the execution-style killings, discovered last Friday at four residences in Piketon.

Authorities disclosed few other details about the execution.

Link

Didn't say if any plants seemed to be missing.

May or may not be the cause. Unsatisfied customers?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I think probably their competition.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I think probably their competition.

Absolutely agree here. It could have been someone new in the area who took them out, or the family was the new source on the block & someone more established got fed up.
The end result is still encroaching on some other dealer's clientele & that's always a huge risk to take. Whether it was just over pot, or pot & other drugs, someone definitely took out the competition.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Someone posted that one or more had priors for drugs. Anyone find what it was and when?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is said to be from the 911 call.

“There’s blood all over the house. My brother-in-law is in the bedroom and it looks like someone has beat the hell out of him,” she said.

Link

More the just shooting, it seems.
edit on 4/24/2016 by roadgravel because: add link

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
its been reported the shooting victims were shot in their sleep, so that implies a silencer, right ?

I don't think the local competition kills your whole family, this is high level stuff, they pissed off a top guy at a cartel/mafia level

I bet they never find the killers

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Authorities have found marijuana growing in Pike County previously.

In August 2012, DeWine issued a press release saying law enforcement officers found "a major marijuana grow site in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel."

Investigators destroyed about 1,200 marijuana plants and found two abandoned campsites they believe belonged to Mexican nationals, the release said.

DeWine has not indicated any connection between the 2012 findings and the operations found on the Rhoden properties.

Link

There it is. Cartel in area 4 years earlier.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Thanks. I was waiting for that connection.

For anyone that thought that a gun ban would have prevented this - think again. No gun ban is going to stop the Mexican cartel from getting guns.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Thanks. I was waiting for that connection.

For anyone that thought that a gun ban would have prevented this - think again. No gun ban is going to stop the Mexican cartel from getting guns.

It almost has to be a criminal element because if someone was trying to murder these people just for sport, it'd be allot more gruesome and disorganized. It's pretty crazy to think the cartels operate this far up but isn't surprising.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Given some of things the community was saying about the family.

I would think it might be more likely they were the suppliers and whoever they were supplying stepped on the wrong toes in a market somewhere and the blowback came home in a very permanent manner.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

Given some of things the community was saying about the family.

I would think it might be more likely they were the suppliers and whoever they were supplying stepped on the wrong toes in a market somewhere and the blowback came home in a very permanent manner.

Seems a bit extreme, no?

Seems to me someone wanted to keep the entire family quiet. A few of the people in this family were young mothers. What is it that they could have done? What did they know?

It's really disturbing if you read about each one of the victims. Who knows what caused this.

However the media and the Attorney General are pushing the marijuana grow is related to the motive angle. That angle just makes me believe in the end of marijuana prohibition.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

appaerently there were threats on facebook agains tthe 16 year old victim christoper rhoden jr.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ed-area-murdered-historic-ties-Mexican-cartels.html

Police believe there may be further evidence of drug production by the Rhoden family and are examining whether the massacre was fueled by a turf war.

edit on 25-4-2016 by research100 because: added a space

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

If it's cartel related, everything they do is extreme.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I own a house on the same street. just a couple miles from where this happened. pretty big news for the area

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
after browsing through the posts here I thought I would address a couple things.

1. its highly unlikely it has anything to do with Arabic/Islamic dissent
2. this area is #1 in ohio for drug problems, as well as drug trafficking, maybe linked to this fact.
3. just in case you wanted to know the type of area this is, its full on "country" environment. pickup trucks, white people, trailer parks, not jobs, and lots of drugs

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CJMcIntosh

Welcome to ATS, and thank you for the update.

I'm very sorry this tragedy is affecting your community.
I hope those poor babies are ok after all of this.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i live in ohio. this story definitely has my interest.

im not really buying the cartel #. im no gumshoe but i just dont think so.
if it was cartel i think they would have popped the kids too. that makes more sense than not popping them.

now we are hearing there was a threat against the kid on facebook.

my first thought was some bitch ass teenager or some jilted ex.

killing 8 people from the same family over 3 locations takes a bit of thought. a bit of work.
i am leaning towards the crazy angle.

what sucks is they are pushing this grow op angle.
my opinion is even if it was 100% related to the grow up it wouldnt have happened if it was legal like it should be.

unfortunately this event will probably push it to stricter laws versus legalization.
major bummer all around.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If weed wasn't illegal...
These people might not have been murdered.

Or they might have built a meth lab and still been murdered. Who knows?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

they found evidence of cock fighting...also a family member (father of one of the victims) is wondering how the killer/killers got past the dogs, they were not shot ( 2 dogs were pitbulls) relative says the killer/killers must have known the dogs

www.nydailynews.com...

the police are familiar with the family because of involvement in " previous altercations"

one victim was shot 9 times

edit on 26-4-2016 by research100 because: added sentence

edit on 26-4-2016 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
relative says the killer/killers must have known the dogs

i guess they could have had pablo and ruiz over for dinner once a week. that would explain the cartel getting past the dogs.

in the end the only point that really matters to me is if this was MJ related it would not have happened if it was legal as it should be.
kinda the bottom line.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join