It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 family members killed inside Ohio home, shooter still active

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm not a gun grabber. I couldn't care less about who owns guns. I won't .

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: research100

I really don't want to sound insensitive (seriously when it's something like this), but when you have a family of 100 people that need to be notified (so I'm thinking fairly close by) you're bound to have a crazy or two.

Hope they find whoever is responsible and they actually get punished.

Its looking like revenge if they are going through the family tree killing off members one by one.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

they have offered a $25,000.00 reward...not really anything else new to report...autopsies will take all weekend to conclude

new link www.dailymail.co.uk... tyle-massacre-eight-people.html

they think there was a bitter rivalry or a dispute over a $3000.00 demolition derby car one of the victims drove
edit on 23-4-2016 by research100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2016 by research100 because: added new link

edit on 23-4-2016 by research100 because: added sentence

edit on 23-4-2016 by research100 because: added a word

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
they think there was a bitter rivalry or a dispute over a $3000.00 demolition derby car one of the victims drove

I'll admit to being a terrible person and laughing at this prospect. Not because it's a stupid theory, but because it's plausible. It is the desperately poor foothills of the Appalachians there, after all. A $3k crap bucket for ramming other crap buckets probably is a huge deal.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Sounds like something the cartel or mafia or someone like that would do.

So messed up.

I hope karma gets this guy with hellish ferocity.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

they have offered a $25,000.00 reward...not really anything else new to report...autopsies will take all weekend to conclude

new link www.dailymail.co.uk... tyle-massacre-eight-people.html

A very popular Cincinnati restauranteur, Jeff Ruby, put up the $25k himself to help find the killer. Jeff Ruby

I've had the pleasure of meeting him on several occasions and he's a great guy. Threw OJ out of one of his restaurants shortly after he was acquitted in his murder trial. THAT was awesome. The man also knows great food and has the best steaks I have EVER eaten!

God, I miss The Precinct. And Carlo & Johnny's.

Last time he did that (someone who was killed in northern Kentucky) the reward grew to over $200,000.

The Ohio Atty General's office isn't going to offer up that kind of cash off the bat, if ever.

They are keeping the information very close to the vest and not letting out much regarding a possible motive or suspect...Yet.

I read on another website that some people in the Rhoden family had priors for marijuana trafficking and cultivation. Not much else to do out there on the Adams County/Pike County border. I am originally from Ohio and have been all over that area. It is an absolutely beautiful part of the country. Mainly farms...To call it "Appalachia" is wrong...It is a rural community, but not Appalachian. Mainly farms and tons of Amish/Mennonites.

I think folks saw the signs for St. Rt. 32 AKA "Appalachia Highway" and automatically thought it was an Appalachian type of area. St. Rt. 32 does lead to Appalachia, right to West Virginia and the NE edge of Kentucky.

With all that said, I do hope they catch who ever did this soon. SOMEONE in the family or one of their friends has to know something. But it takes a real animal to wipe out eight members of one family, especially a mother holding her FOUR DAY OLD infant.

edit on 24-4-2016 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I'll admit to being a terrible person and laughing at this prospect. Not because it's a stupid theory, but because it's plausible. It is the desperately poor foothills of the Appalachians there, after all. A $3k crap bucket for ramming other crap buckets probably is a huge deal.

It really isn't "desperately poor" and there are plenty of places for people to work in that area. It is only about 70 or so miles east of Cincinnati. West Union, Peebles, Georgetown, Batavia, Mt. Orab are just some of the areas the folks who live in Adams, Pike and even eastern Brown counties work in, shop and travel to on a daily basis.

Idk where they're getting this BS about a demolition derby car...I'm pretty much convinced that there was something much more serious to cause someone to annihilate (almost) all the adult family members of one family.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
its impossible to understand such an insane act

such loss, so sad

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Idk where they're getting this BS about a demolition derby car...I'm pretty much convinced that there was something much more serious to cause someone to annihilate (almost) all the adult family members of one family.

When I saw it I thought, "would not be surprised".

It sounds crazy but someone who does this act isn't running under normal thinking. People get shot because the person looked at another person's girl friend, was "disrespectful" or wearing the wrong color shoes.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
They were killed execution style, not like a crime of passion. I will be interested to know if it is a drug deal gone bad. Drugs are the new middle class economy. Only way people can make a paycheck stretch.
edit on 24-4-2016 by MOMof3 because: sp

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If drugs were involved then there is a possibility of them being the cause. But killing so many seems more like rage. One or two would get the point across. Of course there is always the leave no witness part.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The assassin did no harm to an infant and two toddlers but killed a 16 yr old.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

The assassin did no harm to an infant and two toddlers but killed a 16 yr old.

It does sound as thought it was witness elimination. Wonder if there will be ties to a drug cartel found.
edit on 4/24/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

the 16 year old is old enough to be a witness of something and be able to talk so of course he was was shot with the others...someone so callus could have shot the young ones too....but then, anyone twisted enough to kill off a family they would have no quams doing off the young ones.

did they spare them or was this an act of cruelty to let them live, there lives will never be the same,,the family gone

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

did they spare them or was this an act of cruelty to let them live, there lives will never be the same,,the family gone

That's a good point.

Could it be that only those who have had previous interactions were killed.

Hopefully the person(s) is found and we will get an insight into this twisted thinking.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

• Hannah Gilley, DOB 02/28/1996
• Christopher Rhoden, Sr., DOB 09/17/1975
• Christopher Rhoden, Jr., DOB 11/04/1999
• Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, DOB 08/10/1995
• Dana Rhoden, DOB 08/29/1978
• Gary Rhoden, DOB 12/19/1977
• Hanna Rhoden, DOB 04/07/1997
• Kenneth Rhoden, DOB 03/30/1972

4 victims were 20ish or younger

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I don't think it was "sparing" the young kids out of mercy or a conscience or anything, I think it was more along the lines of sending a message by way of the older teens & adults first. A "Get the hint before I have to do worse to the clan's young" kind of message.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

you could be right...to the poster who thought the fighting or jealousy over the car was not a good reason...there is a show about neighbors...starts out some little minor disagreement , goes back and forth and gets bigger and bigger until someone is killed....you would be surprised over the dumb things these things started with...and how they could possibly escalate until someone is killed...nothing surprises me

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
looks like it was over weed

so sad

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Marijuana 'grow operations' found at Ohio slaying sites

Investigators found three marijuana "grow operations" at residences where eight family members were slain in southern Ohio, state Attorney General Mike DeWine said Sunday at a news conference.

Yep, it was drugs.
edit on 4/24/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join