It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

7 family members killed inside Ohio home, shooter still active

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:10 PM
Terrible news.
It also seems to me that they're keeping a tight lid on information about this right now.
The BBC is reporting a number of dead, without any official confirmation. Seems there is no official word on any of this right now, nothing but statements from locals being repeated by US news.

I really don't want to say it, but I think this is going to turn out to be worse than initial reports are suggesting. There seems to be a stunned silence going on.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:35 PM
a reply to: Jakal26

Crazy f**ks who manage to get guns.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:36 PM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

edit on Fri Apr 22 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:37 PM
a reply to: Shamrock6

Tell it to the people who were murdered today.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:40 PM
a reply to: caterpillage

Thankfully he's not.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:42 PM
Looks like this was a murder suicide. Someone just said that there was no report of an active shooter in the area and they would not be there standing in the road if there was. Seems as though someone got a little carried away in their reporting of that aspect based on the schools closing (which would be an automatic response to such an event and doesn't mean there's an ongoing threat).

Very sad indeed.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:48 PM
a reply to: Rocker2013

This seems really bizarre to me:

Multiple search warrants will be served at the three crimes scenes on two properties. The pieces of land are between half a mile and a mile apart, and are believed to belong to the parents and grandparents of the children who were killed, according to WCPO.

At this time, “there is no suspect,” Lieutenant Michael Preston with the Ross County Sheriff’s Office said without elaborating. "I can't speak to anything, any information about the case until we get some more," Preston said. "We don't know what we've got until we get the search warrants served."

Why would they need search warrants for crime scenes?

Something about this smells really strange. Some kind of cult?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:07 PM
a reply to: Jonjonj

Perhaps the deaths did not occur inside the homes, but along a road.

Shootings with multiple fatalities were reported along a road in rural Ohio on Friday morning, but details on the number of deaths and the whereabouts of the suspect or suspects weren't immediately clear.

Very creepy and so sad.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:41 PM
a reply to: Witness2008

Yes, you might be right. It is a terrible thing for sure.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:20 PM
They're now saying another body has been found, and these killings were "execution style".

Unfortunately, with the state of US media right now, it's hard to know what's actual fact and what's assumption and drama being added by broadcasters.

I have to say that from the random and varied statements coming out of the area they really aren't handling this will or with any consistency. Some are saying there is an "active shooter", others are saying there's "no threat to the public", the schools were on lock down but now aren't...

They need to sort out what they're telling their public, if I lived in the area I would be damn angry at the way they're mismanaging this and not getting any consistent information out to the community.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:29 PM

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Shamrock6

Tell it to the people who were murdered today.

What am I telling them? That they were killed illegally?

Do gun grabbers really have such a problem waiting for information before leaping to conclusions that they need to climb on top of still warm remains to try and be right?

Clearly that's a resounding "yes."

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:31 PM
Sending regards.

There was just a press conference shared on Chillicothe Gazette.
edit on 22-4-2016 by dreamingawake because: removed. conference is over.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:45 PM
when they find out the perpetrator was of middle eastern descent, MSM will label it as a terrorist attack, for now its a 'gunman' or a 'loner'

fyi: perp is almost certainly not middle eastern, otherwise the headline and topic thread title and news coverage would be considerably different.

the argument is about guns now not religion in this case.... funny...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:52 PM
To clarify a few comments above based on old information...
As of now:

Seven adults and one 16-year-old boy were found dead in four locations Friday. Three children were found, and were not injured. They are 4 days old, 6 months old and 3 years old. Authorities said the shooter is still at large, and there could be more than one shooter.

The Rhoden family was targeted, and authorities urged other family members to be cautious. There is not a threat to the general public, Ohio Attorney General Mike Dewine said.
edit on 4/22/16 by BlueAjah because: added

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:59 PM
a reply to: BlueAjah

Thanks. Weird story, I'm guessing internal family feud or some weird longstanding rivalry between the family and another/drugs.

I'm glad the kids were OK (save for the teen) but this is incredibly sad news. Takes a special kind of monster to murder a woman sleeping with her child next to her.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:07 AM
a reply to: Domo1

the 4 day old , 3month old and 3 year old were taken to the hospitalare were not injured....the 4 day old baby with with it's dead mother......what the heck happened?? who does such a terrible thing....I thought I read there is a relative unaccounted for,but, we will see
edit on 23-4-2016 by research100 because: corrected a number from 3 to 4

rocker, the artice I saw, says they determined none of the dead committed suicide and they are looking for possibly more than one shooter on the loose
edit on 23-4-2016 by research100 because: added sentence

they put out a BOLO and a car was pulled over and 2 suspects are being interviewed
edit on 23-4-2016 by research100 because: added more info and a link

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:43 AM
a reply to: research100

I really don't want to sound insensitive (seriously when it's something like this), but when you have a family of 100 people that need to be notified (so I'm thinking fairly close by) you're bound to have a crazy or two.

Hope they find whoever is responsible and they actually get punished.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:36 AM
a reply to: Sillyolme

We've been over this to the point of redundancy here on ATS, and abound. I won't bother going over it again. You people that believe a law will prevent crazy people from obtaining guns are not listening and won't bother to listen, so it's pointless.

News flash, crazy f**ks will always find a way to obtain weapons to kill, if the desire to kill, or snap, or whatever the hell. All the laws in the world won't change that, those laws merely make more victims because....unarmed people are victims waiting to happen, period. There is no argument to be made otherwise (besides by those not seeing the plain truth that is blatantly obvious to those of us that choose not to be victims and give ourselves and our family's a fighting chance)...

.....good day.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:02 PM
Wow, this just horrible. WTH went on that warranted (in the killer's/killers' mind) doing this?!
My husband has a cousin who grew up in the area, so he's familiar with it to a point. His guess is drug vendetta/turf war, being that it's apparently a long-time drug hotbed around Peebles. Even his cousin's banking on drugs being the root cause, but also said to honestly consider a serious Hatfield/McCoy-style old family rivalry, too (this stuff still happens??)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:08 PM
a reply to: Nyiah

That would explain some comments I have seen on various news sites.
The comments were along the line of "follow the drugs".

<< 1    3  4  5 >>