It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My higher self's explanation of souls.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Good afternoon.

I would like to discuss some information I received during a particularly deep meditation. During this meditation the distinction between the ego and higher self was so clear that 'I' was able to engage in dialogue with my higher self in a conversational manner. I was trying to understand the nature of the soul and it's relation to the greater oneness that is all. I generally think of souls as being sort of peripheral extensions of god/consciousness etc, somewhat like a leaf on a tree, and that you can trace this back up the branch, the branch being perhaps ones soul group, headed by some sort of demi-god/conglomeration of souls entity... (I hope this makes sense lol!) This was mostly confirmed during the discussion and in fact later on I believe I was in contact with a higher up entity. Anyway, during this conversation I was quizzing my higher self about re-incarnation and about how much of the soul is present in any single incarnation. I was led to believe that one's soul is far larger than we might suppose, to the point where claiming any sort of ownership over it would be ludicrous. The idea of a soul incarnating again and again in some sort of chronologically linear time frame, and only incarnating as one being at a time, in one 'reality' is nonsense. Even the single leaf on the branch can incarnate simultaneously in the past, present and future, as multiple beings, in multiple realities. It also occurs to me that this tree metaphor is likely to be woefully inaccurate, far too linear and three dimensional to actually reflect the truth of the situation but it serves its purpose.

Naturally, I enquired about any 'past' lives I may have lived but of course the idea that even the past is not happening simultaneously with the present and the future presented certain difficulties with getting a clear answer. A name was 'given' however but I am loathed to reveal it as it is so... obvious, stupid, almost laughable, that I'm fairly unwilling to take it seriously. It seems likely that I somehow confused things and inserted this name in some sort of wishful thinking, subconscious interruption kind of way. Who knows. How would you react if your higher self suggested you were Aliester Crowley re-incarnated... lol! Trust me, I know how that sounds.. Anyway I really do not want that name to be the focus of the discussion. I'm much more interested in other peoples opinions of how the soul is divided/connected to the greater oneness.

I've avoided using any specific religious/theological terminology because I find all the different fluffy words very confusing, I know deciphering all the many mixed metaphors out there is part of the fun but it does get tiresome!

So what do YOU think? Have you learned anything in a similar way? Would you count any of it as reliable? How does what I've said compare to various traditional spiritual practices?

Thanks for you time.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: March of the Fire Ants

maybe you were in fact having a conversation with Prince since he was on the edge of this 'plane' and just barely entering the next one

hehe

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

A good read and very interesting postulations. I have not been able to do what you have, but I have always thought that the general concepts of "soul" and the religious overtones assigned to it were far too...."human" or constrained.

I always felt that it was about energy or some state of energy that belongs to a greater pool of energy in the universe; something impartial, something unbiased and something that doesn't judge. It just exists.

That's why I always felt it made more sense than the religious concepts about one's afterlife or soul and so on -- which seemed very linear, very contrived, very prescribed and rigid about what you really are - it just didn't make sense in an eternal, infinite universe.

Your idea or received information is far more "rational" if that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Haha well perhaps, if he's been on deaths door for some weeks.. this happened a little while ago

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

This was mostly confirmed during the discussion and in fact later on I believe I was in contact with a higher up entity.

So which was it, you talking to your self or someone else?

Not doubting you were having a conversation, everyone has whats termed internal dialogue. We do it all day when making decisions, weighing both sides as it were.

You are your higher self. The you that is you is you.

Having said that, doing meditation correctly can bring about 'interaction'. Your soul is the antenna to the spirit world all around us, all the time.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I liked how you explained this and tried to provide an illustration with the leaf, branch, tree, etc.

Based on your explanation, it sounds like what I perceive as my "identity" in terms of a 'soul', is actually a misunderstanding, since my 'soul' may be shared with others in other time frames, simultaneous with my current living experience.

That is one idea I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around. I liked your thread though, thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I should probably admit that this deep meditative state was achieved with some assistance, I'm skirting around the T&C's here.. wink wink. I was also listening to about 2 hrs of Aum vids on youtube... There was another particularly interesting 'conversation' instigated by one of these videos but that is another subject entirely, perhaps worthy of another thread.

I like your 'pool of energy' metaphor, it implies a much less rigid structure and greater fluidity which seems likely to be closer to the truth of it, although I can't escape the idea of soul groups coalescing into some sort of demi god..

There is so much convoluted terminology in religion. Taking what they say at face value seems utterly idiotic but unravelling the metaphors leaves far too much room for error in subjective interpretation. I guess this is why the best spiritual traditions ask you to look within for answers! I do wonder though, if the subconscious mind does a much better job of making sense of the metaphors than we give it credit for. I certainly feel that I 'know' or 'understand' things in an intuitive way that is very difficult to describe with our limited language and logical brain patterns, plus my memory is often terrible!

Yeah I try to apply a rational, almost scientific attitude to these things but it doesn't always pan out lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Well... at first, like I said, the distinction between my ego (which I consider to be the earthly, rational, brain centred, thinking me that 'I' have always been) and my higher self (what is usually just a quiet voice, behind the internal monologue babble of the ego. Often not even a voice as such, more of a nudge here and there, more conceptual and feeling based) was such that within me there were two distinct 'voices' both me but different sides of the self. Most of the ideas I'm presenting here were gained in that state. Later on however I think the 'higher self' voice shifted to an even higher self, further up the branch shall we say, perhaps to the point of being some sort of demi-god or a convergence of 'my' entire soul group. This voice seemed incredibly wise and gave me some information regarding my 'soul heritage'. I got the impression this voice was maybe the Green Man, possibly the head of the Irish soul group. I'm unaware of any genetic links to Ireland but for many reasons I'm inclined to think there is some truth in this... It would take a lot of explaining to make that any clearer and I'm not sure I want to share that much.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Is your demeanor like Aliester Crowley? Why not? Do you resemble him? Are you a Christian? Bisexual? lol

I want to learn to meditate, that is how Edgar Cayce did his readings and my psychic neighbor said that she meditated one time and did some cool things.

I want to know what I did in a past life, I was already told I was a mermaid (unbelievable) and a black woman (believable) but what did I do? What is my path? What should I focus on now???

edit on 22-4-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yeah it really does put concepts of identity and personhood to question.. I like to think that I have no fear of death, at least not in the usual sense people express. That was, until a friend of mine said that the reason he fears it is that he worries his identity will completely dissolve and cease to be, independently, as his soul merges once again back into a pool of energy.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Well I don't know what he was like as a person, it's hard to trust the available info. I'm certainly not as driven as him. I have always, from a very young age, had a weird interest in magic. This may sound odd but I used to obsessively draw spirals and pentagrams, with no knowledge of the significance of those symbols...?? Don't know, I'm not too interested in that side of things as I think sharing different fractions of the same 'soul' with another person does not mean we are or were the same person in any way shape or form.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Trying to wrap my brain around "sharing different fractions of the same 'soul' with another person does not mean we are or were the same person in any way shape or form."

So, you are trying to reason with the idea that when reincarnate, we are not 1 full soul into another earthsuite (body), but fractions of many souls together?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Erm, I guess I'm saying that a single soul can incarnate in many bodies, in any time or multiverse, simultaneously. And that while sharing a soul may mean there is a closer connection, but that the ego self/personhood that identifies as 'I' is otherwise completely independent of other incarnations of the same soul. Or perhaps like you suggest, certain personality traits, interests and memories may be shared to some degree. I'm fairly bamboozled with this myself to be honest.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

oh, I sort of get it.

So you are bringing in the multi-verse theory saying that our souls shatter into many when we reincarnate at the same to different universes. The only universe we know of is this one on earth, but there are others out there?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Well I'm not saying a soul always divides into different universes, could be the same one. But yeah I basically take the multi verse idea for granted, that they exist as either some sort of infinite potential or as actual realities..

A friend used to be haunted by a young girl when he was growing up, then years later he had a dream where he was the ghost, haunting an older versions of this young girl, in her reality... just a dream of course..

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: March of the Fire Ants
Good afternoon.

I would like to discuss some information I received during a particularly deep meditation. During this meditation the distinction between the ego and higher self was so clear that 'I' was able to engage in dialogue with my higher self in a conversational manner. I was trying to understand the nature of the soul and it's relation to the greater oneness that is all. I generally think of souls as being sort of peripheral extensions of god/consciousness etc, somewhat like a leaf on a tree, and that you can trace this back up the branch, the branch being perhaps ones soul group, headed by some sort of demi-god/conglomeration of souls entity... (I hope this makes sense lol!) This was mostly confirmed during the discussion and in fact later on I believe I was in contact with a higher up entity. Anyway, during this conversation I was quizzing my higher self about re-incarnation and about how much of the soul is present in any single incarnation. I was led to believe that one's soul is far larger than we might suppose, to the point where claiming any sort of ownership over it would be ludicrous. The idea of a soul incarnating again and again in some sort of chronologically linear time frame, and only incarnating as one being at a time, in one 'reality' is nonsense. Even the single leaf on the branch can incarnate simultaneously in the past, present and future, as multiple beings, in multiple realities. It also occurs to me that this tree metaphor is likely to be woefully inaccurate, far too linear and three dimensional to actually reflect the truth of the situation but it serves its purpose.

Naturally, I enquired about any 'past' lives I may have lived but of course the idea that even the past is not happening simultaneously with the present and the future presented certain difficulties with getting a clear answer. A name was 'given' however but I am loathed to reveal it as it is so... obvious, stupid, almost laughable, that I'm fairly unwilling to take it seriously. It seems likely that I somehow confused things and inserted this name in some sort of wishful thinking, subconscious interruption kind of way. Who knows. How would you react if your higher self suggested you were Aliester Crowley re-incarnated... lol! Trust me, I know how that sounds.. Anyway I really do not want that name to be the focus of the discussion. I'm much more interested in other peoples opinions of how the soul is divided/connected to the greater oneness.

I've avoided using any specific religious/theological terminology because I find all the different fluffy words very confusing, I know deciphering all the many mixed metaphors out there is part of the fun but it does get tiresome!

So what do YOU think? Have you learned anything in a similar way? Would you count any of it as reliable? How does what I've said compare to various traditional spiritual practices?

Thanks for you time.

This seems to me to tie into the Law of One RA material and of course the Hidden Hand Dialogue. Fascinating stuff. I think it all does make sense honestly. Maybe not word for word but everything as a whole.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Yeah I've not read the RA material but the HHD certainly influenced my thinking a lot. I've not come across anything else that ties things together so neatly.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: March of the Fire Ants

Yeah I've not read the RA material but the HHD certainly influenced my thinking a lot. I've not come across anything else that ties things together so neatly.

Yea after I read the HHD it changed me, for the better. The thing is, even if it were all BS, it is still wonderful material to live by. Here is a link to all of the Law of One material. It is broken down by sessions which make it a little easier.
www.lawofone.info...

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I feel like the other side, where we go when we die (we don't know much about it of course) is actually our home. We choose to come back to earth, we even choose who are parents will be. I think that if we are spiritual enough then we can choose when and if we even come back. Its our home, so our goal is to stay and not have to come back, but we have to correct our faults, let them play out, make the right decisions, make ourselves "pure" so to say. Enlightened, I don't know if we have words for what happens over there.

I just know Im not afraid to die

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Absolutely, it's one of the most positive pro mega conspiracy things I've come across. Thanks I've been meaning to check that out, that's me busy tonight!

It's funny, I wonder if my reading of the HHD has had a large influence on this experience, to the point of it being an extension of an elaborate fantasy... Chicken or the Egg and all that.. Meh, I much prefer this fantasy world to the mundane old life haha

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join