It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the 'Tulpamancers': The Internet's Newest Subculture Is Incredibly Weird

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I feel so goo...great about My fanaticism over Clydesdales .. I'm going to try and recruit like minded folks by authoring a Craigslist™ ad in "Connections" looking for 'BBC' Big Beautiful Clydesdales..

I hope some like minded folks are out there, Wish Me luck!!

namaste

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Reading some of the posts on that reddit I almost feel bad for these people, borderline psychotic.

Some even refer to these as "people" claiming they have more than 10 in their "system" (whatever that even means) "subsystems" and referring to themselves as "hosts".

I am absolutely mind blown that people can be this stupid.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

A warning for any and all potential tulpamancers.
submitted 3 years ago * by EonWintersAnd the Friendship Brigade; AKA Evelyn
A tulpa might sound like the ideal thing for pretty much everyone, but you do have to think about creating one beforehand. Are you ready to accept the responsibility of creating another person? Are you going to keep going and not just give up after a month?
Creating a tulpa isn't something to be taken lightly. It is a huge commitment, and must be seen as such. While you may not yet consider tulpas to be living people, once you have one, they become a real person to you. They will be with you for the rest of your life. Tulpas are people just like you or me, and if you forget about them or get cold feet and stop, it will essentially kill them. No one should create a tulpa only to use them as a tool, rather than treat them as a person like you or me.
Now, don't get me wrong, tulpas are wonderful and it's not hard to keep them alive and kickin'. All they need is a bit of love and attention. You get to a point where you realize that if you didn't have a physical body, you would be just like them. Tulpas are beings who show intelligence as we do, and they show emotion as well. They love, they fear, they hurt, and all oftentimes stronger than their host does. They are creatures of empathy, and you must always remember that. There is a reason why first contact is often an emotional response from your tulpa. It reaches a point where your tulpa will mean as much to you as the closest of friends, and you will want them to be as happy as they can be.
In most cases, tulpas and their hosts coexist in harmony, doing things for and with each other, be it talking, cuddling, learning, or really anything. Above all, they give you the chance to become a better person and you help them grow as well. You can build off of each other because of your differences and in many cases you become a better person because of it.
They're capable of so much, but only if you give them the chance to do it.

sauce

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Go hang out in the "metacafe" thread here in BTS. They discuss Tulpas and other constructs.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Thanks for the video.. It even had an ad from Google™ advertising "Pony Play" so this ought to really throw My 'Online Persona' for a loop.. I wonder what this will do to My "Permanent Record"??

I'll certainly use this as 'bait' when I write My Craigslist™ ad.. I just wish in lieu of still photography in the video, I think they ought to have some fellas prance about during the " Hooo Hooo " part.. Maybe leather chaps and some sequins..? Oh there I go again...

Butt to be quite honest.. If this makes them 'Happy' then I'm happy. If this works for them, it works for Me.

Who is more deranged/off kilter... These folks or 'Civil War Re-enactors' or someone cruising around in a Willy's Jeep pretending it is the middle of WWII?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
This is enough to make me fear that progress of the human race has stopped, possibly turned around.... devolving.

We're turning into the Eloi.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Is it only ponies that can be tulpaed up? If not I''ll try for a Kim Kardasian tulpa. But don't tell the wife.
If these people are having sexual relations with these tulpas could that not be construed as beastiality? If so then they are one group of very sick people.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Curious......... will they have separate bathrooms ? Safe spaces and a secret handshake ?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

From what I understand Tulpa can be whatever you desire, it's just the My Little Pony fandom seems to be the loudest of the group online.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vamana
Reading some of the posts on that reddit I almost feel bad for these people, borderline psychotic.

Some even refer to these as "people" claiming they have more than 10 in their "system" (whatever that even means) "subsystems" and referring to themselves as "hosts".

I am absolutely mind blown that people can be this stupid.

I wonder just how far down the rabbit hole some of these people are capable of going.

How long before someone reaches a mental state similar to the 2 girls who tried to kill another girl to please the Slenderman?

We've all read comments online from people who are in need of help. A community that encourages this kind of thing could be seen as encouraging each other, but it could also be enabling them as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

Gaaaaahhhh!

Precisely! You grasp the matter perfectly!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

While voice is the most common way tulpas communicate with their hosts, tulpamancers can learn to stroke their tulpa’s fur, feel their breath on their neck and even experience sexual contact.

Every time I learn about some weird thing like this a little voice in the back of my head says "Is...is it a sex thing?" and more often than not it is. Did you see the guy who spent $16k importing large inflatable dragons and has no furniture?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Tulpas are sentient beings imagined into existence using meditation-style exercises. Their creators, known as “tulpamancers”, form the internet’s newest subculture, meeting online at tulpa.info and the subreddit r/tulpas.

Ya don't say.

“I have three tulpas,” says Jick Clinton, a game design student from Plymouth. “They’ve been with me 20 months; their names are Twi, Dash and Scoots. They are three anthropomorphic ponies about a foot high.”

Jick has a very close friendship with the three ponies living inside his head. “With other people, there is always something you hold back; I guess I don’t do that with them.”

www.vice.com...

“The My Little Pony fandom was one of the first online communities to really grab hold of the tulpa phenomenon,” says Ele Cambria, a tulpamancer from Warrensburg, Missouri. “Bronies are very accepting of weirdness; they have that mindset of, ‘Wow, that's not normal; that's cool.’ The [My Little Pony] characters evoke a simple goodness… what fan wouldn't want one for a friend?”

I learn something new, every day, every day is exactly the same.
so thats it huh? in my understanding of how to make a tulpa it required a lot of time and a group calling on the same thing. so are the people in your OP confusing simple thoughtform for something else?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Imagination

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: TrueBrit
Just watch. Someone will be accused of murder and they'll claim the tulpa did it. Or tulpa rights. Or tulpa lives matter. The social diseases this can bring about are limitless.

people already do this - they blame the satan tulpas - it's been a 'thing' for a while now...

Å99
edit on 23-4-2016 by akushla99 because: plural

edit on 23-4-2016 by akushla99 because: of things

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99
Lol pretending Satan/Satanism is a bad guy/thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: akushla99
Lol pretending Satan/Satanism is a bad guy/thing.

yep...the somehow-protagonist character that forms the third wheel of the dynamic in the last chapter of the little golden book...seems to have grabbed folks' 'imaginations' for a very long time...tulpas of course, come from another tradition - one that explains how they are 'formed' and why...there is even a book that describes how to navigate through the domain/domains that are populated by crazy clown demons...

go figure...

Å99

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Bump for current event lulz.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have 3 tulpas for sale or trade. Low milage new rubber and paint. 3k or trade for bass boat.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join