It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Switches Bait

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm not surprised that they would call his actions and campaign up to recent just an act. He is an actor, after all.

He has done a fantastic job at pulling in the masses of disenfranchised ignorant with his laughable rhetoric and stances, but now it appears he knows he must slide back in to the roll of establishment stooge. Which is laughable because many of those that support him said he was not and would not be part of that establishment.

I expect that he will continue to change his narratives just enough to fit the establishment, but it will conflict with the ideologies of the extremists that make up a good portion of his current support. Kind of like his comments on the transgender issue.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I expect that he will continue to change his narratives just enough to fit the establishment, but it will conflict with the ideologies of the extremists that make up a good portion of his current support. Kind of like his comments on the transgender issue.

Good call...

I suspect Trumps hard core base is comprised of the "pooly educated voters" that he loves so much and will only hear the sound bites that fit in with their biases.

www.newsmax.com...

Emotional involvement clouds logical thought processes. Trump is fully aware of this and panders to his base. And even without the GOP throwing Donald under the bus he simply won't be elected by a moderate electorate. His current moderation in tone and approach won't work this late in the game. His advisers are morons in the way they constructed his campaign. But still more entertaining than anything the dembs offer.

Hillary could improve her chances if she would moderate or better yet....STFU.pull out of the race and give it to Bernie.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I like his tax plan, the changes he wants to make to the VA, 2nd Amendment stance, and what he says he will do about our negotiations with other countries.

The only problems I have with him is his professionalism which may interfere with his negotiations , and lack of details on how he plans to implement the plans I stated above. Please enlighten me.

ETA: This was meant to reply to UKTruth.
edit on 22-4-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: introvert

Good call...

I suspect Trumps hard core base is comprised of the "pooly educated voters" that he loves so much and will only hear the sound bites that fit in with their biases.

www.newsmax.com...

Emotional involvement clouds logical thought processes. Trump is fully aware of this and panders to his base. And even without the GOP throwing Donald under the bus he simply won't be elected by a moderate electorate. His current moderation in tone and approach won't work this late in the game. His advisers are morons in the way they constructed his campaign. But still more entertaining than anything the dembs offer.

Hillary could improve her chances if she would moderate or better yet....STFU.pull out of the race and give it to Bernie.

Here are the actual numbers from the latest national poll of GOP voters

Overall : Trump wins 47% vs 27% Cruz vs 25% Kasich
with men : Trump 48% vs 27% Cruz vs 22% Kasich
with women : Trump 42% vs 27% Cruz vs 27% Kasich
with a college degree : Trump 37% vs 33% Kasich vs 25% Cruz
with no college degree : Trump 54% vs 28% Cruz vs 15% Kasich
under $50k : Trump 44% vs 36% Cruz vs 18% Kasich
over $50k: Trump 46% vs 27% Kasich vs 24% Cruz
Evangelicals : Trump 47% vs 32% Cruz vs 19% Kasich
Very Conservative : Trump 50% vs 34% Cruz vs 13% Kasich

Trump wins across the board; highly educated, lower education, richer, poorer, men, women, religious, very conservative.

It's true that lower educated voters go for Trump in higher numbers, but if you took them out of the election completely, Trump is still winning. It's just that with them, he is winning easily.
edit on 22/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

At this point, I don't think it is going to matter much what either candidate does. Hillary is beating Trump in the poll averages pretty handily and if something happens to Clinton, Sanders is doing even better.

SO from here on out it is only a matter of putting on the best show before Clinton takes office.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

How about a link to those numbers.

I think you are so emotionally involved with the Donald, you only see the fantasy Trump has created for the faithful and it's much more appealing to you than reality.

www.politico.com...

fivethirtyeight.com...

Looks like it won't be long until I'm able to unfurl my "I told you so" banner.

edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

How about a link to those numbers.

I think you are so emotionally involved with the Donald, you only see the fantasy Trump has created for the faithful and it's much more appealing to you than reality.

www.politico.com...

fivethirtyeight.com...

Looks like it won't be long until I'm able to unfurl my "I told you so" banner.

Latest National GOP Poll

PDF of Results
All numbers above can be seen within the pdf. He's winning in all groups, but I will highlight again that he is beating Cruz and Kasich with degree educated voters.

You can also go here to get all the recent national polls.

All National Polls

To be honest all this information is easily accessible just using the RCP link above (All National polls) as your starting point for further research. It's better to research (and keep emotional bias out of it) than believe media stories. They can trip you up.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Here is an additional poll from Reuters - which was the one used recently by the media to say Cruz was closing (about the time he won Wisconsin). Since then Cruz has plummeted, which I think is to do with the Colorado and Wyoming delegate situations

Here is the support from college and post college education (Trump leading)

Here is Trumps favorability amongst Republicans - very favourably viewed by almost 2:1.

And here is his favorability amongst College and Beyond college educated Republicans

For good measure, we could also look at what Republican women think:

The change in tactics is to start appealing to non Republicans because he has already won the battle with the Republican voters.
Across all party affiliations he is viewed unfavorably but that is BECAUSE of party affiliations. We'll see if he can swing things around with his new, and very smart, strategy.

So I'd summarise the two media narratives and what the data says:

Is it low intelligence voters that are driving Trump to victory : The data says no.
Do women dislike Trump : The data says no.

However, on the question : Do Demoncrats & Independents, men and women as well as all education levels, dislike Trump : Yes, overwhelmingly as this data shows:

- and that is why he is unlikely to beat Clinton, but where he must now fight his battle.

Link to Reuters Election Polling

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The change in tactics is to start appealing to non Republicans because he has already won the battle with the Republican voters. Across all party affiliations he is viewed unfavorably but that is BECAUSE of party affiliations. We'll see if he can swing things around with his new, and very smart, strategy.

Perhaps....

I just see politics as the entertainment arm of the military industrial complex as Zappa said.
Will the neocon corpratist accept Trump? We know that Clinton is firmly in their pockets... That's what it really boils down to...time will tell.

It's fun playing the game...but it's just not the same without Sarah.

edit on 22-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The change in tactics is to start appealing to non Republicans because he has already won the battle with the Republican voters. Across all party affiliations he is viewed unfavorably but that is BECAUSE of party affiliations. We'll see if he can swing things around with his new, and very smart, strategy.

Perhaps....

I just see politics as the entertainment arm of the military industrial complex as Zappa said.
Will the neocon corpratist accept Trump? That's what it really boils down to...time will tell.

It's fun playing the game...but it's just not the same without Sarah.

I agree with you there.
I have less of a vested interest in who wins (though some). The process and the entertainment factor is golden.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
I like his tax plan, the changes he wants to make to the VA, 2nd Amendment stance, and what he says he will do about our negotiations with other countries.

The only problems I have with him is his professionalism which may interfere with his negotiations , and lack of details on how he plans to implement the plans I stated above. Please enlighten me.

ETA: This was meant to reply to UKTruth.

I can't enlighten you because I agree with you.

His temperament is hurting him. Whilst it has not led to him losing the GOP nomination, I believe he would have won it earlier had he not made some of the mistakes in getting into fights. By fights, I mean the instances over petty things like wife pictures.

As far as detail goes, he has some but not enough to enlighten anyone. About the most detail he has released is on his tax plan which you can find on his site.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another
Not surprising at all. We'll see Hillary pivot back to the center after the primaries too. She's been trying to out liberal Bernie and isn't pulling it off because she can do math and knows his policies are untenable to the point of just being rhetoric.

I don't know if you are familiar with Webster Tarpley of tarpley.net and the Tax Wall Street Party, but he is a historian and economist and is worth reading for an in depth view of what is going on in the world. The drawback with Tarpley is that he is very much what sports announcers would call a "homer", which is to say that his work is sometimes tinged with wishful thinking (the predicted, by one of his guests, mid-April overthrow of Erdogan in Turkey??) and certainly with an amount of emotional intensity when it comes to analysis of his political enemies, like Trump and the Clintons and virtually anyone else who is not willing to bring in a "New Deal" style program and the assumption by the federal government of management and policy matters at the Fed.

I find him very stimulating and penetrating, but perhaps overly academic in his approach. (However, I like that stuff.)

Getting to the point, Tarpley believes that when Clinton feels able to pivot to the general election in her campaign, that she will lurch, not to the center but even further, to the right, hoping to pick up the Republican casualties of Trump's perceived extremism. It is an interesting dance. A Trump/Clinton face off for the Presidency would be awesome political entertainment.
edit on 22-4-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
so trump was pandering to his people.... the plot thins...

i wonder what other acts this presidential front runner has up his sleeves.

edit on 22-4-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
so trump was pandering to his people.... the plot thins...

i wonder what other acts this presidential front runner has up his sleeves.

Not sure but whatever he is doing is working...

California poll just out Trump 49% Cruz 22%
Indiana poll just out Trump 41% Cruz 33%

If those polls reflect the result, Trump makes 1237 with room to spare.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So Trump gets a new team, and now he's switching bait?
...what about the piggin' wall? I wanna see it erected, like 99.9% to infinity of the world's population want to see,
I want to see it built, and be able to walk up and down it before I die, or before he does
Then I want to see Mexicans popping up out of tunnels,
or popping down from man carrying drones,

I want to see Herb Alpert playing 'South of the Border' on the American side, and, 'A taste of honey' on the Mexican side..at the grand opening...or is it closing? of the wall. :lol
edit on 22-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

He has done a fantastic job at pulling in the masses of disenfranchised ignorant with his laughable rhetoric and stances, but now it appears he knows he must slide back in to the roll of establishment stooge. Which is laughable because many of those that support him said he was not and would not be part of that establishment.

It's pretty much the inverse.

The anti-Trump crowd might be the most ignorant and incompetent section of our society in modern times. Many of them can't even use words like "racism" or "immigration" correctly in a sentence.

Frankly, the anti-Trump crowd is the most embarrassing segment of our population and they inadvertently wish death to this great nation. Tragic.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

He outlined his techniques in his book Art of the Deal, which he seems to be implementing in his campaign to a certain degree of success. His detractors and those who parrot the media seem to be the real dupes here, as he has been exploiting them for the free advertising this whole time.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

The anti-Trump crowd might be the most ignorant and incompetent section of our society in modern times. Many of them can't even use words like "racism" or "immigration" correctly in a sentence.

Frankly, the anti-Trump crowd is the most embarrassing segment of our population and they inadvertently wish death to this great nation. Tragic.

I think they have just got carried away by it to be honest as opposed to having malicious intent. The MSM is hard to resist if you don't really do your research.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

I don't think he'll be able to pull it off. He's a low brow ass-clown... that can't be hidden.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Ok. Sure. You got your hit in on the anti-Trump folks.

Does that or will that change the fact that he will now, potentially, begin to position himself as an acceptable establishment candidate? Many support him because they perceive him as being anti-establishment.

He will become that which he claims to hate.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join