It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Accidentally Make Batteries Last 400 Times Longer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

This is the kind of discovery that gets people murdered and their laboratories burned and their research stolen/buried.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

What... by "Big Battery"? LOL!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I just thought I would throw this in here .

if you need some voltage and the store is closed you can always try this .

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Flow batteries will be the next big thing
en.wikipedia.org...
To rebuild these you just renew the chemicals and the cell membrane unlike batteries now where you replace the battery after years of service.

www.gizmag.com...

Plus as newer chemical mixes and membranes are developed you can up grade without replacing the complete system.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Shiloh7

I got phobia to lithium Batteries, they burn so bad, someday when i have money to have a house ill consider going solar panel/ batteries, but not whit the current batteries, dies to fast and too much fire hazard.
Check out these!
Nickel Iron batteries, or Edison cells. They have a long lifespan.
edit on 22-4-2016 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I got a battery attached to my solar, Samsung thing. The life is limited, so making the purchase decision, $8,000 by 10 years life = $800 per year and saves X in electricity bills.

If you double the life, it costs $400 per year so the savings go up.

I don't think it will help tech as smart phones by product (for example) will be obsolete bfore the battery life (anyone still rocking an iPhone 1)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So-called "Big Battery" are chump change compared to the tech companies who's products depend on better battery life so I really don't see this particular angle of yours holding up.

More than longer battery life, having a bigger charge allows a device to do more things in the same amount of time. Mobile developers for example are facing an increasingly tougher problem of inventing and using algorithms that are more energy efficient at the expense of being faster. This means that a lot of software is actually running slower these days in exchange for using less battery life which is then compensated for with faster hardware. There's a limit to this though because things can only be so efficient, and tasks still take a certain number of computations to complete. Having better batteries is a pretty big deal for this reason.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i don't know much about batteries but i used to be an amateur photographer and first camera used 2 double a batteries and if i did a photoshoot with let say a couple hundred pics i would end up using about 20 dollars worth of batteries my next camera had same picture quality but did more things used a battery that looks like 2 batteries stuck togther and cost 18 dollars for 2 of them they would last 300 pictures each before i had to replace them so with those batteries i could do 3 times the amount of pics on same 20 dollars lesson learned avoid double a batteries for everythibng except led flashlight and remote for tv.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

What... by "Big Battery"? LOL!

If someone came along and threatened to reduce your paycheck to 1/400 of its current value, what would you do?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I don't think you understand exactly how's battery tech is researched, who owns the plants and how important it is for tech firms to have the very best tech at the cheapest price.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join