It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manufacturing Consent In Science: The Diabolical Twist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Jon Rappoport 19 April 2016

www.activistpost.com...

[I hate giving Noam Chomsky the least bit of credibility or publicity . . . but it sounds like he was right in this case]

In the famous 1988 Noam Chomsky and Edward Herman book, Manufacturing Consent, the authors explore how media distort the news and employ propaganda, in order to bring about consent/consensus in the population.

This is nothing less than the creation of reality.

I want to extend that concept here, particularly as it applies to science.

From so many directions, official science is shaping our future—that’s why it’s vital to understand the manipulations involved.

It’s one thing to say media collaborate to sell a false picture of reality, a picture which is then bought by the masses. It’s quite another thing to say media collaborate to pretend there is already a consensus of the best professional minds on a given scientific subject—when there isn’t.

Some further random notes of mine from the article:

--The press can be found to lie about consensus touted as already existing and broad.
--The scientists related to that issue get the msg to keep quiet if they want their jobs and/or published.

--A whole class or discipline of scientists keeping quiet on an issue or a side of a controversial issue gives the false message to society that a consensus exists when it was all done by threat and coercion and is a sham.

--It's much more than merely calling an opposing view into question. It's extremely heavy handed manipulation, intimidation, abuse, etc.

--Government declared the cause of AIDS when the government claims were based on very flawed science.

--The same false constructions of consensus is true in the field of modern medicine.

--Many scientists disagree with the contention that the Zika virus is the agent of destruction vs pesticides etc.

--Citizens from the ground up are educating themselves and finding out the truth in a variety of disciplines.

--The scandal around the film Vaxxed is indicative of what's going on. The film's subject is a false consensus.

= = =

I think the article is worth thoughtful pondering. I think it's quite accurate--even self-evident to anyone well read in the diversity of disciplines.

Of course, I suspect there will be many naysayers. I don't often find them speaking from knowledge vs bias and belief, however.

Therefore what? That's not easy to answer.

I think the main thing is to be informed. And if a given discipline has a big impact on your life--research extensively before being led down the yellow brick road or into the maws of the Morlachs.

I know that the complexities in medicine alone can be mind-boggling. Yet, I think we have no choice but to educate ourselves. The oligarchy co-opted institutions are merely going to mislead, manipulate, trash, distort, sell down the river etc. as they have been increasingly doing for decades.

And, if possible, I think finding local groups of like minded researchers seeking practical truth to benefit an ill loved one etc.--those groups are well worth seeking out and joining heartily.

imho.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

One very good example of this is the health service and the lack of any real cure for cancer.

I t defies belief regarding the media and its influence because I can remember in the 1960's people openly saying to others "Are you stupid enough to believe everything you read in the papers"; although fair to say everyone believed what was said on the BBC because they all trusted institutions in those days.

So sad things have changed dramatically but when you have politicians like Bush and especially Blair who so dishonourably clung to office even when caught out lying, you can see the low level our public servants have sunk to as prostitutes for the elite.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I hate giving Noam Chomsky the least bit of credibility or publicity. - could you please elaborate on this? Seems there is something I don't know about Noam Chomsky?

thank you
edit on 22-4-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Good points.

However, the oligarchy has controlled all sides of the political arena for at least 60 years. Some people say for 200+ years.

They are ALL treasonously guilty.

The oligarchy seems to use the left and the Dems to see how far they can get away with pushing toward overt dictatorship and tyranny all the while blathering about freedom etc.

Then they alternately put the GOP in and the GOP blokes are ordered to do stuff more or less covertly or under massive media manipulation that the left could not get away with.

Science and the Religion of Scientism are merely one massively important institution that the oligarchy similarly manipulates to it's tyrannical, deadly goals and ends.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I just do not appreciate . . . actually . . . I loathe his Communist dictatorial values. I think he's also extremely manipulative and in-your-face in hypocritical ways. That's about all I want to say about him.

Back to the topic. LOL.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I agree that Putin is a formidable man and also a survivor on a very shaky stage - however many of the Russian people love him and think he is a hero. That is something I doubt could be said about Cameron here who most of us utterly despise along with his sidekick Etonian silver spoons. From what I read pretty much a similar thought exists in the USA with Obama who seems to a foreigner to be so trivial and manufactured. He does do a good speech though - albeit we know a number of leaders have stupidly given the same speeches in the past - which says something nasty is going on.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I just do not appreciate . . . actually . . . I loathe his Communist dictatorial values. I think he's also extremely manipulative and in-your-face in hypocritical ways. That's about all I want to say about him.

Back to the topic. LOL.

Thank you for that.

Might I suggest that you have blinded your self just slightly by clouding your vision. Might I suggest that tyrrany is tyrrany no mater which hole it comes from.

I used to be like yourself but on the opposite side, these days I have a much clear view of the forest by not fogging the view if ideology.

Believing none of this tyrrany would happen if only the other political party was in power. This is how they suck us all dry and send us into despair through distraction and encourage us to fight each other. This is exactly what they want us to do and blame each other not them. They just sit back and laugh their box off at us.

This is the purpose of the 2 party system, the left and right are just the two wings of the same bird-of-prey. Might it be that you and I are the prey?

While we are fighting each other they have nothing to fear.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Great post -- These guys agree:

Scientific Regress

Big Science is broken

The first article is kind of a condensed version of the second -- much longer, more detailed -- article.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I full well realize both sides of the aisle are totally complicit in all manner of moves deeper into tyranny.

Some are merely more equal than others on that score. LOL.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Those look like great articles.

Perhaps you could start a thread on one of them.

I think they are quite accurate, BTW.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
When Scientology takes science as a holographic vision of the universe and life, the scientific view of the arbitrariness leads to the emergence of scientific doctrine.

Note from Admin: Do not link to your site without asking permission first.
edit on Jul 15th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

join