It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 1967 the CIA created the label "Conspiracy Theorist"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Conspirologist

as always when called out the arrogant resort to name calling and ridicule.

adios

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

IMO, it is no coincidence that "conspiracy theorist", like "UFO's" and other similar subject matter that fall under the conspiracy umbrella, have been the focus of an ongoing propaganda campaign to cast the subject in a negative light in the eyes of the public.

Problem for the US government here however is that the general public have very little trust for the government and even less for the intelligence agencies that have spied and lied to further agendas that clearly do not have Americas, or her citizens' best interests in mind.

So, for instance, when the CFR, Bilderberg and Trilateral commissions actual DO meet in secret and media blackouts ensue, when perpetual wars in sovereign foreign lands are maintained beyond office term limits that have nothing to do with freedom and democracy and everything to do with the control of resources, when whistleblowers are hunted down like dogs and portrayed as traitors, when laws are implemented that restrict freedoms and empower government, when there is a push by unknown forces to thrust incompatible cultures upon each other resulting in violence and division.....then we have a good reason to suspect that a nefarious stratagem is in place.

In 1967 the CIA clearly lost the battle when it decided to start name calling instead of addressing the subjects raised and with the advent of the FOIA, we have plenty of proof that the CIA, and others, have indeed been complicit in events initially deemed conspiracies until subsequently proven otherwise.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes, of course. The main problem is that you and me are clearly the minority who understands this. The 99% of people have no clue or are aware but still obedient to the system that TPTB have created. As you might have noticed you can find aware people only on these few conspiracy related forums. If you will post a conspiracy related thread on any generic forum, nobody will understand a word of what you are saying. Now, if TPTB have invented this dispregiative and illiterate wording for stoppig us form talkig to average 99% of unaware people, I must say they have really won. The majority of people won't listen to us anymore.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Come, come come. Today we in the UK have police officers living with suspects as family members misleading women etc and enjoying seducing them - all in the name of 'Regina versus'. You can't sink much lower than that can you?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

It's happening in all countries. It's called corruption, but nobody seem to understand that the cause is corrupted minds. Corrupted minds are also called degenerated. A person with a corrupted (degenerated) mind can't be allowed to be a free member of society, because can lie, steal and kill, thus endangering other normal members of society. If a person with corrupted mind becomes a police officer, it endangeres society even more. Unfortunately psychiatry and psychology, especially the forensic branch are still underdeveloped, obviously because of a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

Lol cool I'll say nice diction and then say I call myself a possibility theorist

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
INTIMIDATE: which can be done either verbally or through force. Agencies do this as do people for it is a natural way we seem to argue our points.

INFILTRATE: Embed agents in all suspected groups. You name it there are agents or snitches in most wood piles the PTB are interested in.

EXTERMINATE: Either removing by incarceration or with termination. Happens every day all over the world. Now with the war on terror and the ability of the state to make you disappear as is common knowledge because the news told us so, go back to the top and read slowly again.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thanks buddy. Agree 100%. It is mindblowing how many truthsayers and whistleblowers are being terminated, or at least gangstalked because of the hidden truth. It really pisses me off, when I see genuinely guillible sheeple who can't understand what is really going on. I just can't believe in such stupid people existence. Anyway I repeat my advice, stay away form people who use the term "Conspiracy Theorist". This news is already on the internet, which obviously means that the shills have only one option left, like to pretend to not understand the meaning of the OP.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
There is a difference between the scientific definition of THEORY and the common, secular definition of THEORY.

In science, a theory is a FRAMEWORK or MODEL used to explain a set of observations. The more observations a theory explains (or better yet, predicts), the more reliable the theory.

So scientific theories are indeed based upon facts. A scientific theory can never be proven, but some are so well supported by empirical evidence that they are regarded as the truth, putting the burden upon naysayers to prove them wrong. A well known example is the Theory of Relativity. Another is Evolution. One of the basic hallmarks of all scientific theories is that they must be falsifiable. One could falsify evolution by discovering a precambrian Hippo fossil, for example. One could falsify Relativity by measuring the speed of light in a vacuum at greater or less than 186,000 mi/s.

From a scientific perspective, Conspirologist is correct.

However, I don't believe the term Conspiracy Theorist uses theory in the scientific sense.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
There is a difference between the scientific definition of THEORY and the common, secular definition of THEORY.

In science, a theory is a FRAMEWORK or MODEL used to explain a set of observations. The more observations a theory explains (or better yet, predicts), the more reliable the theory.

A scientific theory can never be proven, but some are so well supported by empirical evidence that they are regarded as the truth, putting the burden upon naysayers to prove them wrong.

That's right. It is called accedemical consensus, when the majority of scientists agree on something that cannot be physically proven.

From a scientific perspective, Conspirologist is correct.

However, I don't believe the term Conspiracy Theorist uses theory in the scientific sense.

That's the point. The CIA is trying to show that theories about conspiracies are not based on logic or facts, two scientifical elements that are required to gain the trust of the population. Instead they are showing apparently delusional idiotic shills with tinfoil hats, who claim they were kidnapped by little green aliens.

Anyway, if you are really interested in conspirology, here below is the link to a site that has some info:

www.reddit.com...

edit on 22 4 2016 by Conspirologist because: edit

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Conspirologist

That's right. It is called accedemical consensus, when the majority of scientists agree on something that cannot be physically proven.

I agree with what you've said, but want to stress for those less familiar with the terminology that scientific consensus is based upon empirical fact (because some folks seem to think otherwise) rather than upon any other measure. Also, it is possible to have multiple, competing theories for which the evidence is split (or poorly defined). For example, the impact theory of moon formation is less well supported than the theory of relativity.

But yes, the important points are that a scientific theory is a framework built upon actual empirical facts.

That's the point. The CIA is trying to show that theories about conspiracies are not based on logic or facts, two scientifical elements that are required to gain the trust of the population. Instead they are showing apparently delusional idiotic shills with tinfoil hats, who claim they were kidnapped by little green aliens.

Unfortunately, it appears many conspiratorial minds do a very good job of creating this impression about themselves. That's not to say the CIA has not been complicit.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

Unfortunately, it appears many conspiratorial minds do a very good job of creating this impression about themselves. That's not to say the CIA has not been complicit.

Anybody who is making a fool of himslef while calling himslef a "Conspiracy Theorist" is a shill.

This is just common sense based on logic. No futher facts required, that's for sure.

I think evevrybody knows this, but the mass media are still pushing the agenda.

BTW - Have you noticed that ATS is calling Conspirologists as Conspiracy Theorists too?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MayanBoricua
I agree 100%. I've never had any sources, but I've always recognized the slur "Consiracy Theorist" to be created to discredit the intelligent with different perspectives.

Me too. Even before finding this information, I always knew that "Conspiracy theorist" was grammatically incorrect. It is possible to say a "conspiracy hypothesis" or a "conspiracy theory", but you can't really say a "conspiracy theorist". It's like people say "Evolution theory", even if it's wrong, because it is still a hypothesis, but you can't really say "Evolution theorist", because it is grammatically incorrect.

You are quite correct. The actual term should be " Conspiracy Theory " or " Theories "

The first known usuage of the term " Conspiracy Theory " was record by Hansard in The U.K. Parliament in 1887.
Hansard is the traditional name of the transcripts of U.K. Parliamentary Debates.

edit on 22-4-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

You are quite correct. The actual term should be " Conspiracy Theory " or " Theories "

The first known usuage of the term " Conspiracy Theory " was record by Hansard in The U.K. Parliament in 1887.
Hansard is the traditional name of the transcripts of U.K. Parliamentary Debates.

Thaks for the info. It is good to know that even in ancient times people had conspiracy theories. Well at least nobody was called a Conspiracy Theoristy at that time.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Actually it was in 1870 that it was first used.

And to back that claim a bit...

An even older reference to “conspiracy theory” can be found in the medical literature of 1870, during a public debate about the growth of asylums and the treatment of inmates in the UK.

www.csicop.org...

The theory of Dr. Sankey as to the manner in which these injuries to the chest occurred in asylums deserved our careful attention. It was at least more plausible that the conspiracy theory of Mr. Charles Beade, and the precautionary measure suggested by Dr. Sankey of using a padded waistcoat in recent cases of mania with general paralysis—in which mental condition nearly all these cases under discussion were—seemed to him of practical value.

books.google.com...=onepa ge&q=%22conspiracy%20theory%22&f=false

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I would like to ask the moderators to make this thread sticky.

Anyone knows how to do it?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Sorry kiddo, but I have a Ph.D. I think I know better, that what your TPTB owned Webster tries to show.

With respect might I inquire as to what your Ph.D is in and what was your thesis based on?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

wow, three letters behind your name.
is that suppose to impress me. news for ya,it doesn't.

and another thing, when you keep on calling people son and kiddo, that doesn't do much for your attempts to persuade people to your line of thinking.

just shows how big of a ass you are and your arrogance.

also in your link,

A theory replaces the hypothesis after testing confirms the hypothesis, or the hypothesis is modified and tested again until predictable results occur.

so in some instances a hypothesis is modified to get the outcome desired.

Mine is not arrogance, son. It is called being self conscious.

Arrogance in this case is only about your puerile and uneduacted person.

You don't even have the intellectual capacity to understand written words.

I have better things to do than arguing with unedecated and irrational kids.

Sayonara.

Your PhD didn't get ya too far, did it? Seems like someone with such exceptional education would know how to respectfully act toward another.
edit on 24-4-2016 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have always preferred the term Coincidence theory.

Im a fan of sarcasm....

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
nm.
edit on 5-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join