It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I survived the 2016 Super Bug, unfortunately, Prince didn't

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
He's Prince. Probably has a private doctor who understands that he has to perform on stage, and be willing to do whatever Prince asks.

Which is criminal and a likely reason Prince's camp is noticeably silent. They could all be legally culpable for his death if they helped him obtain medication or with doctor-shopping.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

He's Prince. Probably has a private doctor who understands that he has to perform on stage, and be willing to do whatever Prince asks.

Which is criminal and a likely reason Prince's camp is noticeably silent. They could all be legally culpable for his death if they helped him obtain medication or with doctor-shopping.

Wasn't there something like that in Michael Jackson's death?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

...so far CBS, ABC, Fox or any other have even mentioned the word drugs.

CBS:

"People close to Prince tell me he struggled with painkillers due to his hip and ankle issues," Frazier said..

FOX:

WHAT KILLED PRINCE?
Autopsy set amid reports of drug-related death...

See, I can agree with you that prescription pills may have played a role, but when people come out saying he overdosed on heroin, I'm just not buying it.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Prince cancelled 2 shows earlier this month due to the Flu. Cancellations are extremely rare for him. The strain of Flu that Prince had must have been really deceiving. His doctors would have put him in the hospital if his Flu's severity was obvious, wouldn't they?

I get the feeling that Man (private or government) invented some of these strains and they got away from the lab, or something. Anyone else get this feeling?

Yes. I find it crazy how the vaccine is spot on this year and everyone getting this nasty strain didn't get the shot. I was asked many times by doctors if i will get the shot now. Seems like a scare-tactic, maybe. But, I also firmly believe that many of these bugs are getting stronger due to warming temperatures, but that's a whole other thread.

Two friends of mine who are adamant about getting the flu shot each year, and do, got the flu. I and a few friends who didn't get the flu shot didn't get the flu. Although some people I know who didn't get a shot got it, many people who DID get a vaccine got it as well. After confronting the doctor, a gal told me he answered vaguely that the vaccine wasn't preventing the flu.

The flu that just recently went around was particularly harsh and exhibited signs of a flu/cold virus combined. Doctors in my town were prescribing Tamoxifen like crazy. Regardless if a person was vaccinated or not, both sides got the flu, the symptoms were identical and the duration the same.

Prince was like a roller coaster in feeling well/not well. He was spotted the evening prior to his death (on film) pacing in a pharmacy parking lot while someone else was getting his prescriptions filled. Maybe he had the flu, maybe he didn't but the toxicology test will be out in a couple of weeks. It has been stated that he had used opiates within the last 12 hours before his death.

It is terribly sad to see such a great person go down. He was exceptional in his talent and had a kind heart. He was much for giving people a gift with his music and performances. Just because he might have had a problem with drugs takes nothing away from his character or passion for music and the love he had for his fellow man which sets him apart from the many socialites that grace the cover of magazines and are the talk of the internet.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Yes, his doctor was criminally charged.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

See, I can agree with you that prescription pills may have played a role, but when people come out saying he overdosed on heroin, I'm just not buying it.

Save shots are only given for opioid overdoses, either it was pills or heroin. I can understand the initial reports saying heroin but either way the main ingredient is the same, opium.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Prince cancelled 2 shows earlier this month due to the Flu. Cancellations are extremely rare for him. The strain of Flu that Prince had must have been really deceiving. His doctors would have put him in the hospital if his Flu's severity was obvious, wouldn't they?

I get the feeling that Man (private or government) invented some of these strains and they got away from the lab, or something. Anyone else get this feeling?

Yes. I find it crazy how the vaccine is spot on this year and everyone getting this nasty strain didn't get the shot. I was asked many times by doctors if i will get the shot now. Seems like a scare-tactic, maybe. But, I also firmly believe that many of these bugs are getting stronger due to warming temperatures, but that's a whole other thread.

Two friends of mine who are adamant about getting the flu shot each year, and do, got the flu. I and a few friends who didn't get the flu shot didn't get the flu. Although some people I know who didn't get a shot got it, many people who DID get a vaccine got it as well. After confronting the doctor, a gal told me he answered vaguely that the vaccine wasn't preventing the flu.

Anecdotal evidence isn't. No doctor would claim getting a flu shot means you won't get the flu. Look up flu vaccine efficacy and you will get a range between 66-70% this year. last year was a lot worse. The idea is that you reduce your chances of getting the flu with a vaccine, and, if you are around vulnerable people, you won't be as likely to transmit it either. Which is why hospitals, as an example, insist on their employees getting one. If you measure the instance of the flu in the general population, the group which has received the vaccine has far fewer instances of the flu than the group that has not received the vaccine.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Should we not know

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I know people who had the shot and got the flu. They did guess better at which way the bug was going to mutate this year though. Less of those who got the shot got real sick this year. Last year it was nearly worthless. The Flu was out and about around here quite a bit, but not too many people got it really bad requiring hospitalization from what I have heard.

I am now hearing there are cases of those who got sick even with the shot, but of course, my doctor tried to convince me that everyone here that was sick, didn't have the shot. Lucky for you Yoopers that your strain wasn't so nasty. Over here in northern WI I know of quite a few people who got really sick this year and in just the past couple of months.

Many of the flu like sicknesses here this year did not test as influenza. Some other kind of virus. There was some bad stuff going around but it was not considered the flu.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So I really want a flu shot now?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

there was this blind gossip item recently blindgossip.com...-77843 really fits with prince

Another Celebrity Has AIDS

APRIL 18, 2016 247 COMMENTS

not magic johnson lakers 2

[Media Take Out] We just received word that a VERY popular African American celebrity – who has recently been in the news – now has what is being described as AIDS. Obviously since we are not able to 100% confirm the story – we’re going to leave it as a Blind Item. We want to make it clear we are NOT talking about Magic Johnson.

This report really hurt our heart.

According to a person extremely close to the situation, the celebrity, who is known for having a very extreme sexual past reportedly contracted the illness sometime in the 1990s. He kept the illness quiet but began taking his medication religiously up until about 2 years ago. Here’s what we’re told by a VERY trusted entertainment insider:

[The celebrity] believed that he was cured, and he had some crazy [religious] people who told him that God cured him. So he stopped taking his medication and the sickness came back. Now doctors say he’s dying, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Another Celebrity Has AIDS

APRIL 18, 2016 247 COMMENTS

magic johnson lakers 2

[Media Take Out] We just received word that a VERY popular African American celebrity – who has recently been in the news – now has what is being described as AIDS. Obviously since we are not able to 100% confirm the story – we’re going to leave it as a Blind Item. We want to make it clear we are NOT talking about Magic Johnson.

This report really hurt our heart.

According to a person extremely close to the situation, the celebrity, who is known for having a very extreme sexual past reportedly contracted the illness sometime in the 1990s. He kept the illness quiet but began taking his medication religiously up until about 2 years ago. Here’s what we’re told by a VERY trusted entertainment insider:

[The celebrity] believed that he was cured, and he had some crazy [religious] people who told him that God cured him. So he stopped taking his medication and the sickness came back. Now doctors say he’s dying, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

We’re told that the celebrity is expected to get sicker and sicker, and eventually pass. It can happen as soon as the summer.

Very sad news.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So how did this clinic confirm your family had the flu?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Gentleman, take heed. (of the OP)

This is one of the reasons women statistically live longer than men. We know when to go to the doctor.

Men are 'stubborn' about going, and as you see here, it works against you.

TIP: When your wife or your mother tells you to go to the doctor, GO.

OP, sorry you were so ill, the flu can be very dangerous as you see, especially for those with other existing medical conditions, and those who have weakened or compromised immune systems. But you beat it! Take care.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Opioids? Like OxyContin? Something that alleviates muscle aches and pains? Like when you need to perform on stage and your body is wracked by muscle aches and pain?

Try going to the doctor and asking for an Oxy script because you have the flu. Let us know how that works.

Exactly.. case in point, Elvis Presley. He had a veritable pharmacy of deadly drug cocktails, all physician prescribed.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley
a reply to: rickymouse

So I really want a flu shot now?

Flu shots won't protect you from anything other than the flu they are designed to protect you from.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
So how did this clinic confirm your family had the flu?

Swab. Why do you ask?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Gentleman, take heed. (of the OP)

This is one of the reasons women statistically live longer than men. We know when to go to the doctor.

Men are 'stubborn' about going, and as you see here, it works against you.

TIP: When your wife or your mother tells you to go to the doctor, GO.

OP, sorry you were so ill, the flu can be very dangerous as you see, especially for those with other existing medical conditions, and those who have weakened or compromised immune systems. But you beat it! Take care.

Thanks lady. I will definitely listen to the wife from here on out.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It was staged. It's the new thing. It worked so well for Michael and Elvis now everyone is doing it! Perhaps they are hanging out with those "forever" men, a mysterious story a well-informed member once talked about then disappeared!

edit on 23-4-2016 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I don't know about that. Even celebrities die.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hi Rez, glad to hear you are well again. We, Iwinder and I, came down with a nasty bug at the end of February. I came home with it first just thinking it was a sinus headache, and was full blown sick that night, all I wanted to do was sleep.
Within a day Iwinder was also sick, neither of use wanting to eat and both vying for the bathroom. Sleeping was the most we could manage to do. Every part of our bodies were sore and achy and the coughing was non-stop with lots of mucus and phlegm.

I was off work for two weeks (I rarely ever take a sick day) and had to go to the doctor to get a med-9 form filled out in order to return to work. Even though I felt better there was still fluid in my lungs so the doc gave me a short course of antibiotics. I normally wouldn't take them but this illness was so bad that I agreed. I seemed to be completely well within a few days but still had a dry cough. I winder on the other hand still has some residual effects, mostly weakness in the legs and retaining fluids. He is also diabetic and has taken medication for it for the past two years and that could be why it hit him harder.

All in all we made off better than our neighbours. They both came down with it and slept most of three days without eating, same symptoms and complaints that we had. The son recovered fairly quick, however, his Mom just got worse everyday. She was finally taken to the hospital with pneumonia and was in respiratory failure at that time. She was so sick she didn't even remember her daughter taking her to the ER or half the stay in the hospital.

Before anyone asks, none of us get the flu shot and haven't had anything like this before. Other people I've talked to, that have been sick this year, all say the same thing that it was very nasty, long lived and the cough and body aches persist well after the illness appears to have passed. Again the is about an even split between those taking the shot and those who don't so it doesn't seem to help either way.

Glad to hear that you and the family are OK now, keep up your resolve to eat better and exercise. I truly believe that food is our best medicine so long as we choose wisely.

Namaste,
YogaGinns & Iwinder

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join