It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ATS Had a Private School ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Tonight we were at an open house for the summer camp program our son will attend. It's at a small local Montessori. He'll get to help grow a summer garden and tend chickens and goats and learn about local ecology while wading in a small creek that runs past the school. They also have a LARGE playground and a shady location.

Given the way Montessoris are set up, as you might imagine, it draws a diverse crowd of people to it. As were leaving, I couldn't help but notice the bumper stickers and cars on either side of ours.

On the left was the Prius. It had the think Global sticker and Namaste sticker on it. The only one it was missing was COEXIST. On the right was the beat-up truck of the private business contractor sporting the Infowars.com sticker.

Husband and I thought it was hilarious and figured if ATS had a private school, this must be it.

One thing was sure though, we all obviously care about our kids, enough to pay for their education out of pocket.
edit on 21-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Lol.. A beat up truck with an info wars sticker on it.. doesn't surprise me..

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is truly awesome and I think you are correct, an ATS private school would be a full-spectrum crowd!!

Who knows? Maybe your fellow Montessori parents are on ATS!!

- AB

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I would love to work at the ATS private school. The students would be able to study many amazing things.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Well it will be a bit of a culture shift for him over the summer. He'll be going from straight-laced classical curriculum school to a Montessori for a few weeks, but we felt it would be better than a YMCA day camp.

Next summer he hits the Science City summer camps! I expect him to love those to pieces - all about robots, coding and gears.
edit on 21-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That would fit given that Montesorri education was originally designed to help children with "special needs." In other words, the kids who ride the short bus. That pretty well describes most of ATS.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Pillywiggin

I would feel sorry for the Principal. The line-up outside his office full of black-eyes, skinned knees and hurt feelings would be endless...lol

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I can barely imagine.

ATSers showing up in trench coats and raybans, the individualistic crowd wildly over dressed or under dressed, the biker crew, the techie bunch...

Frankly I'm parking at Truebrits table there will be B*E*E*R!!!

Competing music, Zaphod,Intelgurl,Sammamishman all lazily helping a bunch of sky-gawkers. Nope....that's a satellite, nope thats a 747, nope again! Thats a star.

Tenth will have thoughtfully have roped of area's for the political mud fights and religious squabbling.

NightStar will be gathering flowers

Poor Springer....multiple burly ATSers will have to be peeling buttkissers and suckups off him like peeling a bad sunburn.

At least three curmudgonly members will be leading discussions on "Proper" thread formation, spelling possibly involving ball bats and serious language.

Our Avatar Creators will be happily doing face painting and making T-shirts cause, why not?

...best of all....it'll be free!
(except for the billboards?)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ats school? That's the best idea i've heard in a long time! Where would it be located?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I would have felt sorry for the kids in the ATS private school, imagine them growing up, never a part of society. Those weird conspiracy guys and girls.. No, no.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
That would fit given that Montesorri education was originally designed to help children with "special needs." In other words, the kids who ride the short bus. That pretty well describes most of ATS.

I have some extra paste, hungry?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
ATS school hummm...I would like to sign up my husband!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Too many bathrooms to install and maintain.

Mens, Womens, Women who think they are men, Men who think they are women, the bisexual bowl, the gay bowl, the lesbian bowl.

Forget it, everyone go on the lawn and while we are at it make this private school a nudist camp too.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I like the idea. The school uniform could be tin foil hats and camo fatigues. Every student woud be required to carry a BOB... just in case.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

that's hilarious - I can totally picture the two "categories" of avatars and ATS members whose "spirit vehicles" would be the ones you mentioned
wonder what my spirit vehicle would be... hmmm

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
I like the idea. The school uniform could be tin foil hats and camo fatigues. Every student woud be required to carry a BOB... just in case.

classes to include "How to Spot a Troll, Research-101" and "Sociology of T & C Violators" LOL
edit on 21-4-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

One thing is for certain, they would have one kick ass Speech and Debate team!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

“Education: the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty.” Mark Twain

What's the question?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

One thing is for certain, they would have one kick ass Speech and Debate team!

That would be versed in just about every subject known to mankind as a whole...

Wow, it just occurs to me how much I have actually learned here, it is simply astonishing really!

We seriously have all kinds, from every walk of life, every skill set one could imagine.

Probably the best all around education that can be had these days at any price!

Too bad all our graduates would be sniped to be commentators for cable news within seconds of graduation.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I have some questions before I sign up to attending the ATS special school:

1. Will this school have safe spaces so individuals have somewhere to go and deal with hearing opinions that they disagree with?

2. Will the curriculum include ample time set aside for lessons on how to protest irrelevant crap that no-one cares about?

3. Will there be a bar and what are the opening hours?

4. Will I be able to order a medium rare steak, with pepper sauce and salad and chips (or a potato) for lunch?

5. How many "non-attendance" days can I rack-up before I get called into Bills office for the cane?

6. Who are the teachers? because I don't wanna be in the same class as some weirdo conspiracy theorist nutjob trying to tell me the government is bad and UFO's are real.

7. Can we dedicate every Friday as POETS day? (Piss Off Early Tomorrows Saturday)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join