It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps not such a bad guy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
soundcloud.com...

At the above first link is sound audio from an interview Star Jones gave on Series XM radio talk show PopPolitics. Star Jones is a talk show host and currently is a celebrity segregate for the Clinton presidential campaign. During other parts of the interview she said she has been involved with politics for many many years and has campaigned for a few different democrat political companies.

In the above audio link Star Jones talks about her relationship with Donald Trump; whom she had been good family friends with up until Trump became critical of the Obama campaign and Obama’s citizenship status back in 2014. After 2014 she broke ties with Trump but not the rest of his family; she states she is still close friends with Trumps ex-wife and talks to his kids.

So being a celebrity segregate for the Clinton presidential campaign this interview is clearly not supposed to be an endorsement of Donald Trump; in realty I think Jones’ main goal in this interview was to attack Sanders and Sander’s supporters for what she believes to be vitriolic attacks on Clinton. But during the linked portion of the interview she talks about Trump and her falling out with him.

She seems to be painting Trump into being something other than the Monster so many on the left are trying to demand he is. Based on her interview and her tone about their friendship it leads me to believe Trump is clearly not the racists/sexist person I am to believe that he is. This woman would not have been close friends with such a man; she seems to still talk fondly of him and seems to wish he would stop his ‘shenanigans’ so that maybe they could be friends again.

Clearly Jones and Trump are now on politically opposite teams and she has to come down on him for that. But her words make me believe she doesn’t think he is a racists or a sexist; and if Clinton’s celebrity segregate thinks this way it must be true … doesn’t it?

More of the interview can be found here:

variety.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat
Have there been many people that know him personally that have come out saying that he is awful? The only people that I've heard about (former employees, that butler fella and even his ex-wife) all have nice things to say about him.

As for the racist stuff, that is a complete fabrication, in my opinion. I've said in other threads that in the world we live in where people are always suing for everything, if he was a racist or sexist or any other kind of ______-ist there would be no shortage of lawsuits against him over the years to reference.

I'm not saying that him being a nice guy would make him a good president or anything but I would prefer if people would have more thoughtful arguments against him and not use the (SOOOO over-used) -ist accusations.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I never reply to trump threads, but after just reading the title.. I think, cmon people, don't be sucked in by this bs, this guy is part of the 1%.. You don't get that rich in America without knowing the powerful people behind the scenes.
Also we should all know by now these politicians make so many empty promises when they are running for election.

Although, to be honest other than hillary, I don't know who the alternatives are, and maybe he is the best of a bad bunch.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Points well taken but I would add the caveat that of all the candidates, Trump is the only one that actually doesn't even try to hide that he's a 1%-er. Just using Hillary as a quick example with her whole "Bill and I were broke when we left the Whitehouse" thing was completely ridiculous.

As far as the knowing people behind the scenes, again I'd say you're right but again he has never tried to make that a secret. He's said flat-out many times that he's contributed to D's and R's and any number of other people to get things moving on projects he wanted to get started on. On this one, the fact that he acknowledges that the "pay to play" mentality exists combined with him stating in the light of day that he was a player in it is honest, if nothing else. I would also maintain that while he'd have a snowball's chance in hell of stopping it, of the folks running I would give him the best shot at SLIGHTLY doing something about the rampant corruption going on these days.

Finally, yes, anyone voting this time is basically picking the best of a bad bunch.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Points well taken but I would add the caveat that of all the candidates, Trump is the only one that actually doesn't even try to hide that he's a 1%-er. Just using Hillary as a quick example with her whole "Bill and I were broke when we left the Whitehouse" thing was completely ridiculous.

As far as the knowing people behind the scenes, again I'd say you're right but again he has never tried to make that a secret. He's said flat-out many times that he's contributed to D's and R's and any number of other people to get things moving on projects he wanted to get started on. On this one, the fact that he acknowledges that the "pay to play" mentality exists combined with him stating in the light of day that he was a player in it is honest, if nothing else. I would also maintain that while he'd have a snowball's chance in hell of stopping it, of the folks running I would give him the best shot at SLIGHTLY doing something about the rampant corruption going on these days.

Finally, yes, anyone voting this time is basically picking the best of a bad bunch.

Fair enough, points taken.. what happened to Ron Paul? He was the hot topic around here last time the elections were on?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

nah hes a terrible person

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015

nah hes a terrible person

Apparently not

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
I never reply to trump threads, but after just reading the title.. I think, cmon people, don't be sucked in by this bs, this guy is part of the 1%.. You don't get that rich in America without knowing the powerful people behind the scenes.
Also we should all know by now these politicians make so many empty promises when they are running for election.

Although, to be honest other than hillary, I don't know who the alternatives are, and maybe he is the best of a bad bunch.

Actually he is the 1% of the 1%, not all of them are bad people or reptiles lol. Has he done bad things? Probably. But overall, his record speaks for itself if one was inclined enough to do the research. I am really amazed at how great a person he is despite being super rich, you usually only hear about the bad ones.

When I heard he was running for POTUS, I was like "this guy is an idiot, I hate this guy". I mostly knew about him from his TV show that I never even watched and thought he was an ass. But after listening to him speak on many occasions and doing some research, I actually like the guy.

He is Martin Shkreli before Martin Shkreli was born. A highly misunderstood person.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
All I'm hoping for is that one day I can turn on NPR and hear an awesome broadcast about birds in south america instead of political b.s.

you hit the nail on the head. I feel like people here have been forgetting why they came. Right/Left it's the damn same, people. It's hard for me to see people on this site spewing left/right rhetoric when they should really know that it's all a sham. . .

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

A part of me wants to see Trump win it. How else is the movie Idiocracy to become a reality?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jitombe

A part of me wants to see Trump win it. How else is the movie Idiocracy to become a reality?

I am all for a president Comacho.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Camacho has Trump beat hands down in the IQ and eloquent speaker department........

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

what do you define was a terrible guy? half the stuff he said and done makes him a terrible person in my book. Just saying.

top topics

join