It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Darwin awards were received in a fake kidnapping plot in Nevada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It seems yesterday in a Las Vegas suburb, someone had a brilliant plan. Have 2 acquaintances pretend to kidnap you to get a friend that manages a jewelry store to steal jewelry as basically a ransom. After really kidnapping the friend that managed the jewelry and zip-tying him to make it seem real, the store manager was able to free himself and was conceal-carry. He shot and killed both fake kidnappers. Idiocracy seems more and more like a documentary every day.

Investigators said Brian Kleynen plotted to get jewelry from a store managed by an acquaintance by convincing him he’d been kidnapped and had to comply with demands. According to Henderson Police, the plan went awry when Kleynen’s acquaintance, a manager at the Ben Bridge jewelry store in the Fashion Show Mall, broke free of the zip-ties that bound his hands, pulled out a gun and shot and killed the two men in the front seat of the car he’d been forced into.

source

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
idiots man.

enough said.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Though the heavens may fall!

Good grief. There are not too many things that say instant karma like a bound victim turning the tables on a plot against them. I have to say though, it would have been a crappy sham if they had pulled it off. The simple fact of the matter is, that if a professional kidnapper and theif had been involved, the store manager would have been frisked and his weapon taken from him, before the victim had a chance to escape or react.

Thank heavens for idiots. I say that only very rarely, but in this case, I think it is warranted.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
so all you know of the people involved is the story and already theyve won awards for stupidity.

- do we really think when we give out the 'darwin awards' that the culprits do not know how stupid an idea is.

why not realize the dire straits one must be in to silence reason and go with a plan which may go completely wrong. anyone ever cares to try and infiltrate the minds of those whom Chose to do something wrong but for the right reasons....

were there stupider things these culprit said that was a bad idea, dont do that. im sure theyve said lesser crimes or acts were bad ideas in other normal circumstances, correct?

and for them to have followed a seemingly dumb idea to the geniuses on the otherside looking, meant something was strong enough to convince them this was a good idea.

its easy to be cynical, it takes strength to analyze and understand human behavior. suprisingly, more intelligence and less strength . there must be an award for those who seem it fitting to hand out darwin awards. maybe the 'if only stories like this hit close to home, i.e. a brother or sister involved, you wouldn't have the same opinion ' awards
edit on 21-4-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Conceal carry for the win. Two less idiots breathing our same air.

People who work around high value merchandise tend to pack legal protection.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This made me think of Fargo

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Things like this is where my signature came from.

They played a stupid game and won a stupid prize. Sad for their families and the guy that did the shooting because I am sure he feels some kind of way about what (at the time) he thought he had to do. He will have to live with those nightmares for the rest of his life even though it was justified.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I would never fake kidnap anyone. I saw Jawbreaker. I'm good.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

to me the dude that got kidknapped is the real idiot, he took two human lives over some elements which in the grand scheem of things is worthless.

If i was him i would of let them take me, and use the gun as a saftey net. and when the time was right rob them of the booty, make a quick exit get my self out to the desert and bury the treasure, get my self close enough to civilization while still being un -detected crack myself in the face a few times and put some rope burns on my wrist maybe get a little dehydrated and disheviled hit the nearest highway and once i got picked up. tell my story to everyone.

I was kidnapped and robbed and left in the desert to die give a description of the two men that did it. If they get caught its my word against theirs and i have a nice retirement fund chillen in a place only i know.

The only draw back to this plan is i may still have to kill if they decide to draw, but if done correctly the odds are no one dies.

But instead this guy takes two lifes and has nothing to show for it

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: TrueBrit

to me the dude that got kidknapped is the real idiot, he took two human lives over some elements which in the grand scheem of things is worthless.

no and no and no. Anytime I feel my life is threatened and I have a way to resolve that feeling, I will do it. It will most likely be out of instinct rather than choice, but if you put me in a situation that I feel you are threatening my life and I find a way to um....destroy you, I will. I also won't feel bad about it after.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

we get you have seen to0 many war movies, me personely im always down for the perfect crime

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

to be accurate this was i before i had kids, there is no room for error once you have little ones to look after, altough i still got it, i was able to put my old lock picking skills to the test today on my own door of course, and a couple of weeks ago , i was able to get into my buddys car with three simple items found in most city scapes, can u guess what they are?
edit on 22-4-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

i was able to get into my buddys car with three simple items found in most city scapes, can u guess what they are?

wire coat hanger and a butter knife. What's the need for a 3rd item?

we get you have seen to0 many war movies, me personely im always down for the perfect crime

huh? I was only saying if I felt my life was threatened and I could take out the person threatening me, I would. I wouldn't try to play hero, if that's what you took from that

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

news paper

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

news paper

LOL I was thinking rock incase the knife and coat hanger fail.

top topics

join