It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opera bundles free, unlimited VPN client into its browser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is interesting. Opera is including a free unlimited usage and traffic vpn client into their browser. Current VPN hosts are in US, Canada, and Germany but expect more. Currently only available for developer/alpha versions.

I like the feature of their implementation where the Opera VPN is isolated to their browser only. Hence only traffic via the browser gets redirected to their server. Email . chat,firefox,etc would not be going through their vpn.

Personally, I wouldn't trust a vpn client hosted in those countries and would prefer my own managed vpn box overseas but interesting non the less.

Opera bundles free, unlimited VPN client into its browser

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yep, Id be wary of what you do on that VPN line. Its free, so youre not getting any help if someone has a peek at your connection back at the Opera HQ!

We have our own private VPN for the nation I work for; the admins can and do watch VPN traffic and HR can and does take action if needed.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

the admins can and do watch VPN traffic

Yep, I wonder what the Term Of Agreement says about it and if they can sell your info to third party vendors.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for that - S&F.

I will test it out.

Just because someone uses a VPN, does not necessarily mean it is used for nefarious purposes. Maybe they just want to use BBC iPlayer or NetFlix overseas.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

Maybe they just want to use BBC iPlayer or NetFlix overseas.

I would be curious to see if it works with Netlflix. Netflix has been known to check for VPN connection than blocking the stream until you disconnect from the vpn.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Not tried it yet, but I know people who are accessing NetFlix through a regular VPN at the minute.

I don't use NetFlix myself,so cannot test that.

a reply to: interupt42

new topics

top topics

join