It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince is dead.. Artist formerly known. And China the wrestler

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I just watched that video on my FB feed, and it was just a surprise for me too discovering how good he was a guitarist.
Harrison's my fave Beatle and Clapton's original guitar work was amazing by itself, but Prince surely improved that particular performance from ok to awesome! I think even Clapton would be proud.
Amazing

And RIP Prince,
(what a **** year for music huh? and we are only in April...)
edit on 22/4/16 by athousandlives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It has been documented that the musical genius Prince played up to 20+ different instruments.

Guitar
electric guitar
acoustic guitar

Bass Guitar
electric bass
acoustic bass

Keyboard Instruments
Piano
Clavinet
ClaviChord
Rhodes
Wurlitzer
Harpschord

ORGANS
Farfisa
Hammond B3
Vox Continental

Drums
Acoustic Drums
Electric Drum Pads

Synthesizer
Moog
Yamaha DX-7
ARP
Oberheim OB-Xa

Percussion Instruments
Congas
Bongos
woodblocks
claves
cowbell
finger cymbals
vibraphone
vibraslap
tambourine
shakers
triangle

Wind Instrument
Saxophone
Harmonica

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123

Thats interesting and weird indeed if true, and if one knows about the third eye and its connotations.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives

And RIP Prince,

No joke...for some of us middle aged folks it is like some evil force is wiping out the soundtrack of our lives. I would be less mournful if most of the music today wasn't so painfully unoriginal.
edit on 22-4-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

edit on 22 4 2016 by Hex1an because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It seems something is going on right? I always think as celebrities as normal people, and they are of course.

But the past Months have been unforgiving for some very well known artists, I'm still mourning Bowie, but what about Lemmy, Kantner, Glenn Frey, and others.
For sure I haven't experienced such a musical loss like this.

edit: while writing this I came to this article that might help explain some of it, and it sort of makes sense.
Nonetheless, it still is a **** year and Prince was only 57!
edit on 22/4/16 by athousandlives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
So there we see drug dealers to blame yet again for taking someone's life.

He may very well have been depressed but drug dealers do not make you take heroin.

That first hit is what draws a person in... after that... they have you.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Wow, wow wow...guys, check out this amazing clip of Prince on the guitar. Holy smokes. What a showman, what a talent, what style...

youtu.be...

AMAZING. I think i just turned gay and have a crush on him.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Nyiah

Certainly possible. They rumors (and they are only that until we get the toxicology) ae saying he was going back and forth between heroin addiction and OTC opioid medication so your theory could be accurate.

Looks like I was right. OD'd on legit percocet:

Prince reportedly overdosed on Percocet just days before he was found dead on Thursday in Minnesota. He was using the drug to treat a hip problem tied to corrective surgery in 2010, according to TMZ.

www.yahoo.com...

Hip issues can be hella painful, ask any who's had hip problems/breaks. He may have been in some serious pain to think he'd be ok taking additional amounts.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Very sad.

Remember too, he is credited with writing this:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Prince was an iconic major talent. It's terrible and unfortunate but many talents who are legendary have very few boundaries and very few people around them willing to or able to help or stop eccentric stars from self destructing becuase of the force of nature strength of the personality. Look how hard it is just to save or help average people in any of our lives, brothers, sisters friends who get cough up in dangerous addictions of self medication, now make them a star and you can see just how hard it would be to successfully intervene.
Prince gave one hundred ten percent in the last 30 years of performing and it had worn out his almost 60 year old body yet he continued to push through the pain for the performance. Unfortunately it had caught up with him and apparently no one could help him in pain management properly and like most fast burning stars he put few limits on himself and went 100 miles per hour into everything he did including apparently/possibly percoset.
He was neither shallow, vacuous, or a star becuase of a capability by himself or of publicists and handlers to milk public attention like a whore, Kardashians I'm looking at you, it was raw talent in a modern package like a Mozart for a modern time that got him where he was and that is why it has hit so many so hard who appreciate music with soul.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool
Baseless claim,prove it..Remember This board is to defy ignorance..
Edit..click on Jobeycool link above to found out what this hack had to say..
edit on 23-4-2016 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
i cant believe that people are actually waiting on the autopsy as if its fact. question everything!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: athousandlives

And RIP Prince,

No joke...for some of us middle aged folks it is like some evil force is wiping out the soundtrack of our lives. I would be less mournful if most of the music today wasn't so painfully unoriginal.

I couldn't have said it better. For us near late 30s or 40s, our life soundtrack is being wiped out.

I have so many memories of Prince. In my Sony Walkman on my bike riding around Los Angeles as a kid. Holding hands and kissing girls to Prince songs. All the kids at camp singing Prince when I was 10. Prince was AS big as Michael Jackson in many ways, for many people.

Early on in my musicianship i even emulated his drum mix. He would have heavy Hall Reverb with a short diffusion to make it sound "big'. He PHASED hi-hats....(wtf)? He PHASED snare drums and stacked them with 'clap' drums. He tweaked synths like nobody could.

And not many know, but he was one of the most underrated guitarists of all time.

And then Scott Weiland before this.

I just feel like the world is telling me to die already. That the music which wasn't too long ago that changed the world, should already be forgotten.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: GAOTU789
He puts his full talent on display with this performance at the R&RHOF performance for George Harrison. When I have talked about how good he actually was, this is generally the video I show people...

He hits the solo at about 330.

About this video, my cousin posted about it on facebook. He is a professional musician. He had to say this:

"This is a pretty morose affair until about three and a half minutes in, when Prince makes a stage full of rock stars look like some crappy house band he's deigned to grace with his presence." Allen Uthman (guitarist-TheBiPolaroids, Soul Butchers).

(somehow messed up the quote so put the vid in again)

Love youtube comment saying he never died hes just gone to heaven to get that guitar , what a legend Prince was and i never knew about his awsome music until after his passing every cloud has a lining and im sure his is purple

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
i think its insane that the guy had upto 60 un released albums i hope to god they see the light of day,

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Dying this young without having some serious illness like cancer...or "lead poisoning" ...is "uncommon" today. The human body is a tough one to crack. This guy has a lot of money so not seeing a docter because of bill fear is not the reason why he died so young. My first thought was faul play... And who knows what time will tell...

Anyways.. we lost an other great musician and artist. RIP Prince.

edit on 23/4/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

A very popular trend... His thoughts on Chemtrails and violence is interesting.

Prince was also a Jehova's Witness. If you think his beliefs have more merit because he was famous, maybe you should consider becoming a JW too

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
i cant believe a mans death has turned me into a fan of his muic never happened to me ever before the guy was a genius

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk... Prince hardcore drug addict for 25 years says former drug dealer that met with Prince.Never did needles just pills.

Drug dealer says prince talked about being a Jehovah Witness and believeing in God.
edit on 24-4-2016 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

Amazing how gullible some people are that think He was not a dope addict.
edit on 24-4-2016 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join