It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deeply disturbing:” Teacher’s aide at Bay View H.S. arrested after incident with student

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hard to imagine what would have pushed a teacher to these extremes. However, the way these damn kids are these days, one has to wonder.

The video is somewhat disturbing. I'm sure a nice civil law suite will come of this.

Will this teachers aide spend any time I the brink? Or just move to another state and continue in his profession, or lack thereof? What a bully....

The video, which was shared with the FOX6 News Facebook page on Wednesday, April 20th, shows a physical altercation between a 39-year-old teacher's aide and a 14-year-old student at Bay View High School. It shows the teacher's aide push the student into a desk, and then hold him down on the floor. The teacher can be heard leveling expletives at the student during the entire incident, which happened shortly before 11:00 a.m. Students tell FOX6 News it happened during a freshman biology class.

L I N K.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

All i know is i wouldnt be a teacher these days. Because i would do a LOT worse than this guy did to the sh*ts that are in classrooms these days.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Hard to imagine what would have pushed a teacher to these extremes. However, the way these damn kids are these days, one has to wonder.

I don't find it hard to imagine at all. I can walk through Wal-Mart and feel like doing the same thing within about 2 minutes.

HOWEVER - You can't take down other folk's children in that manner. You just can't. This guy was in his thirties, which lets you know that he knew exactly what he was getting into when he chose this profession. Loud mouthed, disrespectful, hateful, rude as hell kids with parents that act just as bad as they do...

He needs a new profession because it isn't going to get any better.

edit on 4/21/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Well, as you mentioned considering the way kids act today, there's no real telling. This guy may just as well have had his fill of abuse. And this plays into another important story you may have seen:
Teacher Shortage now epidemicwww.washingtonpost.com...

From the story: "Polls show that public school teachers today are more disillusioned about their jobs than they have been in many years. One 2013 poll found that teacher satisfaction had declined 23 percentage points since 2008, from 62 percent to 39 percent very satisfied, the lowest level in 25 years.

That's dramatic!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

HOWEVER - You can't take down other folk's children in that manner. You just can't.

Well, you can't today.
When I was in school..... I got paddled and knocked into a wall because I laid some guy out that was 14 inches taller than me. He punched me first, but that didn't matter to the teacher. He wanted to know what was going on, but thought it better to slam me into a wall first by punching me in the chest with both fists. Parental involvement... zero. Administration involvement... zero.
I saw a girl slammed into the lockers by a teacher because she backtalked him. She didn't backtalk him ever again.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You won't find me disagreeing. I am in my 30's and remember those days as well. Somehow children behaved more in class back then. Things rarely had to escalate like they do now. Of course most of us were more terrified of getting into trouble at home IF we got into trouble at school...

But the fact remains that you can't do that these days.

I was raised with corporal punishment. My views on it are far more lax than many others these days and it shows.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I don't know. Suspensions do not work, jail does not work. It seems violence is the only language some of these kids understand. Sad times.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Why do they clip these vids right at where the violence starts? Possibly because they don't want you to see why this teacher lost his #. I know 14 yo's talk a lot of crap, and thats no excuse to pummel them into the furniture, but hey... context is everything.

How can this story be non bias when it is only showing one side of the altercation.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Why do they clip these vids right at where the violence starts? Possibly because they don't want you to see why this teacher lost his #. I know 14 yo's talk a lot of crap, and thats no excuse to pummel them into the furniture, but hey... context is everything.

How can this story be non bias when it is only showing one side of the altercation.

Usually only one side is shown when there is an agenda.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If a 14 year old can push you over the line that much, you should be a cop... at least then you could get away with pointless violence.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm just relieved that the teacher was a black guy.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I had some teachers like that... I'm thankful for them. I went to school in the mid 80s and to be frank, my teachers did not give a F when it came to disciplining a student. If you stepped out of line, they would drop an elbow on your ass like Dusty Rhodes.

I can recall many incidents where teachers body slammed students, threw them into lockers, etc. To be frank, everyone of these kids deserved it. They got zero discipline at home and school was the only place that they ever had an adult male step to them to put them back in line.

I don't know what transpired in the OPs video, but I believe we are too soft on kids nowadays.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
If a 14 year old can push you over the line that much, you should be a cop... at least then you could get away with pointless violence.

Oh please...

iTruthSeeker

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yes! I hear people say that certain young adults need to go through boot camp in the military to learn some manners and understand what it means to be given some discipline.
Honestly, I had more 'hands on' discipline in high school than I ever did in the Navy.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I personally know an Assistant Principal who is quitting her job here at the local high school after one year, due to the, quote "Spoiled little sh**s". She and I were talking one day and I came straight out and asked her opinion of my kids and if they were doing ok. She said my kids were a pleasure to have and that they gave respect to their teachers and fellow students and wished all of them would act the way my kids do. Yes, I am bragging on mine a bit, because compared to the majority, they're pretty damn good kids. My son goes out of his way to avoid most of his classmates and has about 6 friends he hangs out with and considers the rest a bunch of airhead drama queens, both boys and girls.
Kids today talk back to adults in a way that would have gotten me in some seriously deep trouble at home and school. They know no one will physically stop them from doing anything and the first words out of their mouth if you call them on it is "Yeah, make me, I'll call the cops". The bad part is, with the laws we have, they will probably walk away, while the adult who tried to stop them does go to jail.
I have no liking or respect for today's youth and shudder to think they will be in control in a very few years. They have no respect, no room for ideas other than their own and honestly believe the world owes them whatever they want, just because they were born and with no effort from them. Their rally cry is "It should be free!.....as long as someone else has to pay for it"

edit on 21-4-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My wifes best friend was accused twice of sexual harrassment by some classroom c*nts (excuse my language, buti HATE them). Fortunately, he is gay and the girls confessed they were lying, but after than, he made sure he was never alone with any female ever again. If he had to talk to a girl alone, he called another teacher in.

My parents and my teachers would have smacked me if i behaves even remotely like a lot of kids do these days (of course, not all of them act like this, we shouldn't forget that)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yes! I hear people say that certain young adults need to go through boot camp in the military to learn some manners and understand what it means to be given some discipline.
Honestly, I had more 'hands on' discipline in high school than I ever did in the Navy.

Also, why should the armed forces and those that sign up voluntarily be saddled with this plankton?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I don't advocate abusing kids or smacking kids around just for the hell of it, but sometimes you absolutely need to choke one of these little mofo's out to send a message. My middle school years were spent in the hood filled with students who were "Bebe Kids". Look up Comedian Robin Harris if you don't know the reference.

Anyway, I vividly recall teachers getting down and dirty with kids who stepped out of line... talking back, cursing, fighting, etc. They quickly learned, you do not disrespect or step to an adult.

I remember I had an art teacher, Mr. Gibbons. Nicest man in the world. Red head white guy (in a school 90% black). Seemed real meek. I don't remember the specifics, but one of my friends got real loud with him one day about something and started insulting his wife or something. Next thing we knew, Mr. Gibbons straight up grabbed him and suplexed this kid in the hallway. He had him choked out in the hallway in front of all the students and was literally "Don't you ever in your f*cking life ever talk about my wife again." He calmly let the kid up and walked away. No one ever tested Mr. Gibbons again.

My eighth grade teacher, Mr. Southern was a fire plug of a black guy. You could see his neck muscle's bulging out of his shirt collar. He used to walk the hallways with a yard stick. Everyone just knew not to test him. He just exuded authority. Very Joe Clark like.

Our PE Coach, Coach Warr absolutely did not GAF. He was an old 'nam vet. He'd throw kids in their desks. Curse at them. He'd literally just say, I don't give a damn... I'll just say I had a 'nam flash back.

These incidents remind me of situations like when you decide to test your father. Every guy at one point decides they want to stand up to their father when they are like 12 or 13 years old when puberty/testosterone starts kicking in. You quickly learn, you aren't an adult... I tried to step to my dad around that age and he hit me in the chest so hard I thought my heart stopped.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Does it matter, if it was anything short of self-defense, or defense of others against physical violence? If my kid was yelling and screaming obscenities at the teacher and he laid a hand on him, I'm fairly certain between an early retirement from suing the school and beating the teacher to a bloody pulp, I would choose violence.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I used to want to be a teacher, I soon changed my mind when I worked out where this was heading.

We have a whole generation of entitled parents who think the world/government/anyone but them is responsible for raising their kids, and it's resulted in a generation of young people who think they run the world.

That's not all of them of course, but there's no denying that there are a hell of a lot of bad kids out there and no one seems to have the power or authority to keep them in line.

Believe me I was always opinionated, always political, always had an answer for everything and I was certainly no angel, but I would never have behaved in the way I see a lot of teenagers behaving today. We were thought to respect our elders, but kids today (damn I feel old for writing that!) seem to have no respect for anyone, not even themselves.

And yes, I do partly blame the culture these kids are growing up in where violence and sex is constantly at their fingertips through their phones.

Again though, this is ALWAYS the responsibility of the parents, no one else is to blame here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join