It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curt schilling fired over anti transgender post.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jlafleur02

I'm fairly certain they were eagerly awaiting an excuse to fire him. The guy has maintained employment miraculously for some time now. The sports radio station here, The Score 670 AM recently coined a new term for "extremely stupid" - the term is "Curt Schilling" or simply "Schilling."

Example: "It was really Curt Schilling of me to try to jump into a tub full of poisonous snakes!"

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

originally posted by: Leonidas
Why are homophobes so obsessed with where people pee and poop?

It's homophobic not to want a 50 pedophile in the women's bathroom?

Lol, strange times indeed.

Who said anything about a 50 pedophile? Was someone advocating 50 pedophiles in a women's bathroom?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

It's homophobic not to want a 50 pedophile in the women's bathroom?

Lol, strange times indeed.

Hyperbolic Strawman of the decade alert.

Really?

Tell me, which is a higher percentage of the population, pedophiles or transgender folks?

Hint, it's pedophiles!

Who will use this to do the weird crap pedos so, like peeping on children in the bathroom.

But that would be using logic and reasoning right?

I mean, no pedos would ever stoop to pretending to be a woman when it's useful to gain entry to a women's restroom right?

Ya, makes no sense at all....

Hate to break it to you......but they can do that anyway.

So we should make it easier and more likely?

No thanks!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Male? Female? Transgender person? How ya gonna know for sure? Are you going to demand to look in their underwear? Doesn't that kinda make you the creep that you are so afraid of?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I cannot accept this, there should be no reason for born man/woman to go into female/male only purposed rooms in a first place just cause he feels like a woman/male while she/he born to opposite sex.. I stand with no special treatment for transgenders/gays/lesbians but i know i know world is "changing" and they are the new "norm" so these opinions is soon if not already illegal.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jlafleur02

He who offends the PC police must pay the price!

You may not like someone, but you'd best keep it to yourself. Only the stupid speak up.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Let's be plain, when it comes to the bathroom thing, this IS kind of the world we are living in. Anyone who has a small child knows this. They know which bathroom everyone belongs in. At least my son does, and he is mightily offended when momma has to take him and not daddy because he knows he's in the wrong place.

Awwww...poor little ketsuko jnr is upset (sure he is). Here is an idea, how about teaching him and educating him about the world we live in. Easy eh? If one teaches their kids that some people are gay and some people are trans, then they wont give a sh*t. Kids don't care. YOUR prejudices that you pass onto them make them think they care. But don't start bleating that your child is upset (yeah right), when you have the power to change this. But refuse to.

Of course, its the lefts fault. Not yours for not educating your child about these matters. Sure. Nice one

And by the way,my nephew has been around a lot of gay and trans people as my sister and her guy know a lot of them. Hes 6 now now and perfectly happy to be dressed in mens clothes AND hes not gay or still wetting the bed because he saw some men wearing dresses. Amazing.

edit on 21-4-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

a reply to: JimNasium

So basically he should just bottle his opinions because they do not echo the mainstream? Keep silent; keep your job? Sad day when no one can speak their mind for fear of losing their job.

When you are a public figure and a representative of said company, you just can't go saying offensive stuff. It's a pretty simple concept and has been a part of most company code of conduct for many years now. If your actions reflect on the company poorly (his do) you're going to be fired.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Why are transgenders so obsessed with it?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

So basically he should just bottle his opinions because they do not echo the mainstream? Keep silent; keep your job? Sad day when no one can speak their mind for fear of losing their job.

When you are a public figure and a representative of said company, you just can't go saying offensive stuff. It's a pretty simple concept and has been a part of most company code of conduct for many years now. If your actions reflect on the company poorly (his do) you're going to be fired.

Yes, but public figures say stuff that offends me all the time and no one fires them for it.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Why? He has a normal and healthy gender expression.

If your argument is that a kid who is convinced that he is really a she inside the wrong body is likewise having a normal healthy gender expression and doesn't have to do anything to modify that, then I shouldn't have to do anything to modify my kid's normal healthy gender expression just because his inner self matches his outer.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is no such thing as " gender expression "!

There is simply a tiny number ( 1in 2500) who have a mental disorder that needs treatment.

Don't play these idiots games by validating their made up BS.

If these SJWs get their way, next it will be pedophiles that they praise, and people who want to have sex with animals....

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: jlafleur02
So curt says this about transgenders

The post included an image of a man wearing a long blond wig and revealing women's clothing and the phrase, "Let him in! To the restroom with your daughter or else you're a narrow minded, judgmental, unloving, racist bigot who needs to die!!!"

fox news story

ESPN has the right to fire him but is it really bigotry, or just the truth? I like the guy but he can be a jerk at times.

1. The bizarreness of the right wing in their complete lack of common sense in all of this is interesting. Transgender people LOOK LIKE THE GENDER THEY IDENTIFY AS. What part of this are these absolute morons not getting? A transgender male to female LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN, so these laws will now force people who look like women into MENS ROOMS - and the opposite is also true of course. All these laws have done is make a problem out of there being no problem.

2. A company has the right to fire someone who embarrasses them, who expresses opinions and views which go against that companies policies, a person who routinely expresses bigotry and hatred toward people they would be expected to work with and be professional with. If this person were preaching racist or anti-Semitic statements you would expect him to loose his job too, so why would this be any different just because it's a different group of people he shows hatred for?

Bigotry and hatred of others is the same whether it's against those of another race, those of a different sexuality, a different nationality, a different gender... it makes absolutely no difference. The existence of transgender people has absolutely no impact on his life, he has no authority over anyone else, he's just another hateful little cretin who imagines he's deserving of some superiority based on an arbitrary difference.

In short, he probably has a micro penis and he's real angry about it.

Whoa whoa, who is to say what transgendered people look like? Since when can you dictate that a man who feels like he's really a woman has to dress like a woman? Especially when women who are women don't have to dress like women. Seems like lot of hateful stereotyping going on here. Are you going to make sure the men who go to the ladies rooms dress "appropriately?"

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If these SJWs get their way, next it will be pedophiles that they praise, and people who want to have sex with animals....

If you think the idea here is to show up to threads with strawman fallacies and evolve to slippery slope fallacies while maintaining some form of social respect for your opinion, then I suggest trekking back to 1867 or posting all partisan ideological speeches to a forum that acts like more of an echo chamber than discussion board.

Honestly, most people who have lasted this long in society are fully aware of the difference between consensual sex and non-consensual sex. I'm flabbergasted that it's taking so many of you so long to grasp such a simple concept.

You literally just said that Social Justice Warriors are going to support pedophilia... let's take a step back and think for a second right now exactly who is the most annoying in the "rape" discussions and what their standpoint is on non-consensual sex.

Keep it real.

edit on 21-4-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

If You've been reprimanded in the past for what Your employer deems "Non-productive/Unwanted"?

ABSOLUTELY. You are aware that Mr. Schilling had been reprimanded/suspended for a "social media tweet" in the past? I don't think that You are aware of that?? If so, then how could You rationalize what You've typed and had 8 'co-signers' . You are the same "Ketsuko" that replies in the other threads yeah? I know that We have had a difference of opinion in the past but I can't see any reason that You would think this is okay, unless You are not aware of the past incident where He was suspended.

And before I go further, I'll wait and see if You were aware of that.. Part of Me would like to see how this is spun? I only type this because, like I typed, We have had interchanges in the past and I think that You are 'smarter than the average bear' ..

Lets type that You own a paint store and one of Your employees used 'social media' to the point where some of Your customers complained about the employee's 'tweet' Some of these customers were so offended they threatened to spend their $$ elsewhere. You not only being smarter than the average bear but Your empathy is known 4 counties around. You decide in lieu of firing this employee, You give them a 'time out' and advise them that if they want to continue to work for You they would have to quit the offensive social media attacks.. * months later this employee does it again.

You're going to give them another break? Now ESPN™ is a branch of Disney™/ABC™ so their $$$ is a lot bigger than Yours and You sell more paint than anyone. Still giving them another chance huh?

Now if He really wanted to get that point across He could've used an alias/nom de plume But then He wouldn't have gotten the credit/publicity huh?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

In a nutshell this though.

Everyone claiming transgender have bathroom sex is normally the pervert for being able to even picture having sex in a public bathroom.

John Oliver basically nails Mike Huckabee on this.
No, it isn't weird transgender use opposite bathrooms, it's ####ing weird how you say YOU'RE uncomfortable and talk about all the sex crimes YOU would commit if you had a legal loophole, and you want to know what's going to be done about the TRANSGENDER people that "feel the way you do"???????

Huckabee himself said he would shower with the girls. Deserves investigation and laws.
edit on 21-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't understand why people deny being bigots. It's crystal clear. They think business owners should be able to refuse business to anyone even if it breaks the terms of their business license, but business owners shouldn't be able to fire an employee if the act in a manner that costs them business and breaks the terms of their employment. They aren't on the business owners side, clearly... but the bigots. Birds of a feather...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

If you think the idea here is to show up to threads with strawman fallacies and evolve to slippery slope fallacies while maintaining some form of social respect for your opinion, then I suggest trekking back to 1867 or posting all partisan ideological speeches to a forum that acts like more of an echo chamber than discussion board.

Honestly, most people who have lasted this long in society are fully aware of the difference between consensual sex and non-consensual sex. I'm flabbergasted that it's taking so many of you so long to grasp such a simple concept.

You literally just said that Social Justice Warriors are going to support pedophilia... let's take a step back and think for a second right now exactly who is the most annoying in the "rape" discussions and what their standpoint is on non-consensual sex.

Keep it real.

Pedos and animal " lovers " are the only social degenerates they don't pander to yet, soon enough though, I will bet good money on it.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

But isn't that the "free market" at work like the Tea Party wants? Let the corporations set the rules. The marketplace will fix everything.

(post by Sargeras removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join