It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curt schilling fired over anti transgender post.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

originally posted by: Leonidas
Why are homophobes so obsessed with where people pee and poop?

It's homophobic not to want a 50 pedophile in the women's bathroom?

Lol, strange times indeed.

Hyperbolic Strawman of the decade alert.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If you are a public figure by your choice of occupation, it means 24/7/365. I'm not but if I publicly post anything not in compliance with my company policies, I'm fired. Even if it's on my own time not using company resources.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

1. How's this for common sense: you presume that all transgenders are a non issue because you can't tell anyway. That's a mighty large assumption. What are you basing that on? I'm an artist type, so I meet tons of people from all walks of life. I can honestly say every single transgender person I've ever met (they've always been open to discussing it) looked absolutely nothing like the gender they identified with. Do some? Maybe? But you make a sweeping generalization and then criticize others for their lack of common sense, which is hilariously ignorant.
2. A company has the right to fire someone who embarrasses them? Unless they're transgender, you mean? The one thing about the left is that the rules they invent often don't apply to their own world views.
3. I'm not advocating his position. It's a dumb thing to be critical of others unless you're pointing at a specific person, and with cause... like you, for example. You are aware that he wasn't claiming authority on anything. You're ascribing that to him.

Here's my issue with the pee-free movement. Or maybe it should be called "We're #1!" I don't think any transgender is going to suddenly start molesting kids. In fact, I'd wager 100 times out of 100 that it never happens. the problem is that how do you discern someone with a legitimate cause from someone without one. Do you honestly think that's not an issue? I mean, search for headlines. You'll already find plenty. So, what do we do? Make them register themselves? Show a doctor's note? The liberal solution seem to be "Let anyone use whatever bathroom they like! What's the worst that could happen? you're concerns are not valid because I have the authority to determine that, so I refuse to work towards a solution with you." It's insanity. I've never heard a single person opposed to the bathroom issue condemn transgendered people. Not even one single person... other than maybe in cases like this where satire uses a transgender person whining to actually illustrate people like you. Narrow minded and truly fascist.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jlafleur02
So curt says this about transgenders

The post included an image of a man wearing a long blond wig and revealing women's clothing and the phrase, "Let him in! To the restroom with your daughter or else you're a narrow minded, judgmental, unloving, racist bigot who needs to die!!!"

fox news story

ESPN has the right to fire him but is it really bigotry, or just the truth? I like the guy but he can be a jerk at times.

It's atleast illogical...

It would be far more shocking to have a man dressed like a woman walk into the men's restroom, then it would be for a woman dressed like a man...

You most likely wouldn't notice some one dressed as your sex, however someone in a dress in the men's room would be a show stopper...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

It's only a straw man because the left refuses to acknowledge it as an issue. No one cares about transgendered people using the bathroom. They care about everyone else you're letting in with them. Literally no standards have been set in place, so it might as well be a free-for-all. Yet, when someone mentions their concern, the history of the left is simply refuse to acknowledge it.
"Oh, we're not talking about that. No room for straw-man arguments here."
"But that's our only concern. When CAN we talk about it?"
"NEVER, you narrow minded bigot!"

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You do know that there are heterosexual pedophiles, right?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

What's a 50 pedophile?

Why do you think transgenders are pedophiles?

You don't think there are pedophiles of all persuasions, probably a lot more straight ones in fact.

Typical shrill far right wing hyperbole.

edit on 21-4-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Really?

Tell me, which is a higher percentage of the population, pedophiles or transgender folks?

Hint, it's pedophiles!

Who will use this to do the weird crap pedos so, like peeping on children in the bathroom.

But that would be using logic and reasoning right?

I mean, no pedos would ever stoop to pretending to be a woman when it's useful to gain entry to a women's restroom right?

Ya, makes no sense at all....

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Really?

Tell me, which is a higher percentage of the population, pedophiles or transgender folks?

Hint, it's pedophiles!

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The perception that a greater proportion of gay than straight men are pedophiles is one contributing factor of discrimination against gay teachers, despite the stark contrast to statistical figures, which have generally revealed that upwards of 80–90% of male pedophiles are heterosexual and usually married with children of their own.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: Hazardous1408

It's only a straw man because the left refuses to acknowledge it as an issue. No one cares about transgendered people using the bathroom. They care about everyone else you're letting in with them. Literally no standards have been set in place, so it might as well be a free-for-all. Yet, when someone mentions their concern, the history of the left is simply refuse to acknowledge it.
"Oh, we're not talking about that. No room for straw-man arguments here."
"But that's our only concern. When CAN we talk about it?"
"NEVER, you narrow minded bigot!"

What concern is there?

A child molestor or rapist isn't going to decide not to bust into a bathroom and rape someone, just because there is a law that says he can't enter the ladies room....

The ability to use the same bathroom as the sex you choose to live as and dress as, is not going to convince someone to rape...

Literally, I can't think of ANY scenerio where this law causes someone harm...

It's a cluster (beep) because the politicians pushing this don't actually want anything specific done. There is no way to enforce this, nor has anyone thought up a penalty. The only reason this exists is to try to look tough on gays in an attempt to win evangelical votes...

It's propaganda of the highest degree.
edit on 21-4-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I totally understand if women/girls dont want to go same restroom with someone who is actually born as a man, why cannot transgender ppl whom are born man go to men`s room? Is it just about because they feel like they women now?
Perhaps they fear men in the men`s room? Well they should also think about the ladies side of the story, they perhaps fear transgender ppl showing up their side too?
Why not start campaign to create own room for transgender ppl, so they can go without scaring ppl or ppl scaring them..

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

So what you are really saying is that pedophiles are dressing up in disguise to get into their bathroom of choice so they can get at unsupervised children.

What is stopping them from doing that now?

What you are really calling for is a "Disguise Registry" to stop creeps from all walks from getting at the children.

Gotcha.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: romilo
I totally understand if women/girls dont want to go same restroom with someone who is actually born as a man, why cannot transgender ppl whom are born man go to men`s room? Is it just about because they feel like they women now?
Perhaps they fear men in the men`s room? Well they should also think about the ladies side of the story, they perhaps fear transgender ppl showing up their side too?
Why not start campaign to create own room for transgender ppl, so they can go without scaring ppl or ppl scaring them..

OR...we could install privacy stalls INSIDE the washrooms and women could do their business in the privacy of the stall...you know, like ...they have now.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

2. A company has the right to fire someone who embarrasses them? Unless they're transgender, you mean? The one thing about the left is that the rules they invent often don't apply to their own world views.

They're known as morals clauses and are pretty common in contracts in the entertainment industry.

the problem is that how do you discern someone with a legitimate cause from someone without one. Do you honestly think that's not an issue? I mean, search for headlines.

I believe you answered your own question:

I don't think any transgender is going to suddenly start molesting kids. In fact, I'd wager 100 times out of 100 that it never happens.

The liberal solution seem to be "Let anyone use whatever bathroom they like! What's the worst that could happen? you're concerns are not valid because I have the authority to determine that, so I refuse to work towards a solution with you."

So because people don't want to work on a "solution" for a nonexistent problem, they're being unreasonable and authoritarian? The conservative solution thus far has been what? To pass laws requiring people to use restrooms designated for the gender that corresponds with the gender on their birth certificates. That's not authoritarian?

I've never heard a single person opposed to the bathroom issue condemn transgendered people.

Sure you have, right in this thread:

"It's homophobic not to want a 50 pedophile in the women's bathroom?"

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Really starting to irk me that people have no problem with their contract when they benefit, but 'woe is me' when they do something stupid and breach it.

You read it when you signed it...right?

You figured it out last time you got in trouble for breaching it...right?

Dude is an idiot.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Leonidas

As can be seen by posters in this thread already, it's a rehashed, "But what about the children!?!" emotional draw that is popular among people resisting change. Like children really care about the social norms of adults.

Its the same argument for banning assault rifles. "Think about the kids at Sandy Hook"

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Well maybe its because we dont want grown men following a 7 year old girl into the bathroom. Then again most Trannys, Homosexuals and Lesbians dont have kids so how could they know the fear that has on parents. They surly dont care... they only care about their sick, twisted version of reality.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Convicted Sex Offender Leads LGBT Rights Effort

The homosexual leader of efforts in North Carolina to allow men to use women’s bathrooms is a convicted and registered sex offender, according to documents made available to Breitbart News.

and...

I cannot find it now but there was a recent story in Texas of a trans-man that identifies as a woman who sexually molested an underage girl about two years ago. It was on the local news in Dallas I believe.

To say it doesn't or will not happen is truly reprehensible.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RepealTheLaw

You know that heterosexual pedophiles exist, right? And that "trannys, homosexuals and Lesbians" aren't all pedophiles...right? (Why are you sending a vulnerable child into a public washroom alone, by-the-way?)

ps: A Lesbian isn't a "Grown man" and under the status-quo is ALREADY in that hypothetical bathroom with that hypothetical child who is all alone in there. But you knew all that.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Really?

Hint, it's pedophiles!

Who will use this to do the weird crap pedos so, like peeping on children in the bathroom.

But that would be using logic and reasoning right?

I mean, no pedos would ever stoop to pretending to be a woman when it's useful to gain entry to a women's restroom right?

Ya, makes no sense at all....

Hate to break it to you......but they can do that anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join