It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A no kidding #1 threat to mankind's earth and civilization.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Interesting news in a way - based on research conducted in some part at HAARP, the US has orbital assets to clear out the inner magnetosphere of stray charged particles after the CME passes. It's one of those useful discoveries made using your tax dollar in Alaska.

So maybe not ALL the satellites will be damaged. You get a lot of post-HAND and post-CME damage due to stray electrons trapped in the magnetosphere looping around at high speed and thwopping into the skin of the satellite, where they turn all that energy into x-ray bursts that damage the electronics. Instead, we can judo them into the upper atmosphere where they make pretty lights.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Im a new member and this is my first posting, but just the same... While yes, CME's are something to be worried about, Im equally worried about Russia's tests to seclude, or rather completely cut off their citizens access to the internet and leaving them with an internet cmprised solely of Russia. The only reason I can see for this is a return to the days of the iron curtain and to completely immerse their people in propaganda, like as would be useful in a state of war. I would imagine the old fears of us going out in a mushroom cloud may be as founded today, as much as ever, in sound foresight. a reply to: Bedlam

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Misses can't be completely irrelevant. It equals a man shooting at me. The risk is elevated. He can miss me 10 out of 10, 9/10 or 8/10 but if I know he's actually firing 5 magazines per minute he can hit me zero, ten or twenty times out of 100 shoots.

If you said ICE I would say cool. It sounds better than circumstantial evidence.
First - you most likely didn't purchased the paper for $35.95 so you won't be able to tell us how close those 19 events over the period 1561–1950 that equal or exceed the >30 MeV were. The Carrington event was the largest having almost twice the >30 MeV. It means we got 20 events between 30 and 60 MeV. This is one in 23 years. We can say one in a complete magnetic solar cycle. Also there could be 2 or 3 another C. level events in the 450-year period before those 450 years so you can't use the math like this.
Secondly and most importantly - we don't need >30 MeV in times when we get burning transformers and second highest level geomagnetic storm with just only M-class solar flares. See the OP vid from 4:30 to 5:00 about JUNE 2015 and try to debunk this if you have to. Constant fear-calming is uncalled for and counterproductive. People are trying to find the worst case scenario while considering nuclear plants' vulnerability etc but maybe all we need is a few week long blackout to screw the economies. I'm actually optimistic. It could, to some point of damage, boost both the economy and technology. Crysis works as a lubricant as well as pot growers are pushing forward the LED-lighting industry.

edit on 26/4/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thanks Phage.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If we lost power across many major cities for more than a few days then almost everybody living there would be out of food.

Then I think it would get very dangerous and destructive as people struggled to find food and water and poured out the cities by the million.

Things could get stone age very quickly then across wide areas.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join