It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is the Day of the Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Your baby is adorable!!!

My mom used to by the egg cases for her garden, one year one hatched in the house.

The ENTIRE family had to stop what we were doing and round them all up. No screaming or freaking out allowed!
It took us most of the evening and a few more days to get them all outside safely.

I still have a fear of the adult sized ones, mostly because they are excellent mind readers! They know I'm terrified they will fly onto my face, so they always do. I was last seen swimming on my back across the driveway screaming GET IT OFF!! GET IT OFF!!!

They are endangered so no swatting.

OMG!! GET IT OFF!!!! GET IT OFF!!! GET IT OFF!!!

y'all don't even want to know what happened with the Walking Sticks. I'ma gonna need therapy!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Your baby is adorable!!!

My mom used to by the egg cases for her garden, one year one hatched in the house.

The ENTIRE family had to stop what we were doing and round them all up. No screaming or freaking out allowed!
It took us most of the evening and a few more days to get them all outside safely.

I still have a fear of the adult sized ones, mostly because they are excellent mind readers! They know I'm terrified they will fly onto my face, so they always do. I was last seen swimming on my back across the driveway screaming GET IT OFF!! GET IT OFF!!!

They are endangered so no swatting.

OMG!! GET IT OFF!!!! GET IT OFF!!! GET IT OFF!!!

Ahahahahaha! That cracked me up!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

i'm a bit late, but I wanted to find something that I stumbled upon in my first days in ATS, long time ago, that I think was very thought-provoking. I can't say is the OP's calculations were 100% accurate, but I think it is worth looking into, and double-checking:

Cities: Demons... Or Saviors

What I find genius in the OP's theory, is that instead of spreading horizontally, and across the Earth's space, which would destroy many lands, she offers to spread vertically, which would save up space. According to her calculations, we would barely take 20% of the Earth's habitable surface.
We currently (with all the farms), take 60% of Earth's habitable surface.

I'm no expert, but that seem like a good theory to look into.

A way to save Earth without causing a human genocide.

What do you think?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join