It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

idaho : faith " healers " strike again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
well TBH this chapter in the annals of insainity started 20 years ago - but the sordid details are now being aired .

summary - the parents of mariah walton . are mormons who adhere to thier cults doctine on ` no medical intervention ` this farce resulted in miss walton being denied a simple and very effective surgey for a defect in her heart

the lack of medical treatment has unfortunatly led to complications which are now incredibly difficult - if not impossible to treat

miss walton is now attempting to bring both criminal and civil charges against her parents and thier cult

source

FFS idaho - this is the 21st century

i am all for freedom of religion - but on a personal level ONLY

if an individual wants to refuse medical treatment - then fine thats thier perogative

but to with hold treatment from someone else cos of your delusions is beyond the pale

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
are mormons who adhere to thier cults doctine on ` no medical intervention ` this farce resulted in miss walton being denied a simple and very effective surgey for a defect in her heart

Funny how God makes all this medical advances available, then some nutters want to ignore all God's work!

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

summary - the parents of mariah walton . are mormons who adhere to thier cults doctine on ` no medical intervention `

There is no LDS doctrine that prohibits medical intervention. That's total bulls#.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

summary - the parents of mariah walton . are mormons who adhere to thier cults doctine on ` no medical intervention `

There is no LDS doctrine that prohibits medical intervention. That's total bulls#.

Heck no.

Mormons (the real ones) are very big on education of both sexes.

They used to send women back east to medical school. Many of the frontier doctors were Mormon women.

If they are FLDS they are not a recognized religion. They are simply an offshoot of LDS and make up their own rules.

EDIT: Yep, they're Fundamentalists. Not sure if they're FLDS - - but, same thing.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This is sad. I've read of many documented cases similar where parents prayed for their children instead of take then to a doctor. Many of them died as a result.

People like Robert Tilton and Benny Hinn com e to mind when I read things like this. Scam artists telling people God has healed them while taking their money to boot. Sick

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Ever heard of 'you get what you give'.

Maybe the person suffering, in a past lifetime, shot a Mormon through the heart and killed them.

Then God gives them a second chance to be better and gets them to be born into a Mormon family where they end up with a heart problem.

Its called 'payback' in terms of reincarnation. They either learn the hard way for crimes against humanity of repeat the lesson over and over again.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Ever heard of 'you get what you give'.

Maybe the person suffering, in a past lifetime, shot a Mormon through the heart and killed them.

Then God gives them a second chance to be better and gets them to be born into a Mormon family where they end up with a heart problem.

Its called 'payback' in terms of reincarnation. They either learn the hard way for crimes against humanity of repeat the lesson over and over again.

So are you saying that if your son or daughter or any family member became I'll you wouldn't get them medical treatment? You would sit there and tell them "well son this is obviously payback for your past sins so we will just have to see what happens"

That is absurd.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

… rubbing the injury with “rancid olive oil” and having him swig on Kosher wine. Intermittently, they would have him attempt to walk. Each time, [he says,] “my body would just go into shock and I would pass out. I would wake up to my step-dad, my uncles and the other elders of the church kicking me and beating me, calling me a fag, because I didn’t have enough faith to let God come in and heal me, while my mom and my aunts were sitting there watching.”

www.patheos.com... &utm_medium=facebook

this kind of makes me doubt the source, but if it's true, these people should have been prosecuted for not only child neglect, but abuse also.

the lawsuit is interesting, I kind of hope she wins. it's obvious that her parent's faith wasn't strong enough for god to take notice and heal her, or maybe he was just shaking his head in bewilderment, afterall, he provided the cure for their daughter in the form of medical care, they just refused the cure. now the girl is suffering for their mistake.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
These people are called the Followers of Christ and forbid medical treatment and their children suffer and die. Those of us who were child protection workers had to stand by because the Idaho constitution protects their religious rights to do so.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

Is this still the case? Parents legally allowed to abuse their children in the name of freedom of religion?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Yes it is still the law in Idaho and we can't get lawmakers to change it.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

That is unfathomable. If someone let their children die here without giving them medical attention it wouldn't fly. Not for religious or any other reasons. That is truly sad. Religious freedom is great but that's taking things way too far.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The Mormons/other religious believers around my area are pretty decent and willing to hear others opinions, wether they want to except it or not, usually not lol.

sadly they're are those that believe in there religious beliefs so badly they start making others suffer due to lack of understanding of what religion means on many levels, including medical care/treatment, those people need help.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

It's extremely sad when you let your beliefs in myth affect the health of your children. It should be a crime to let your child suffer regardless of your religion.

top topics

join