It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey! EAST COAST .... EARTHQUAKES Coming Closer and Closer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hi, id like to point out that in the last few months EQ activity HAS INCREASED near the East Coast of the US . Now i know ive posted some real doosies in the past but in my defense specifics are just educated guesses.

Within the last few weeks you can actually see new locations of earthquakes that aren't in normal areas. The 7.8 EQ recently really has made this quite evident!

Thoughts ATS'ers?

PS: Petty roasters hold yer tongues, lets actually discuss this.
edit on 21-4-2016 by TheJesuit because: because

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Hi, id like to point out that in the last few months EQ activity HAS INCREASED near the East Coast of the US . Now i know ive posted some real doosies in the past but in my defense specifics are just educated guesses.

Within the last few weeks you can actually see new locations of earthquakes that aren't in normal areas. The 7.8 EQ recently really has made this quite evident!

Thoughts ATS'ers?

Some links to the material you've read proving correlation would be nice, couple of maps to make your thread pretty wouldn't hurt either?

No offense meant, but it's late and I'm not exactly inclined to go research all the seismic data out there hoping to find what you are talking about. Such as are you talking Fracking shallow quakes? Are you talking movement in all the known fault lines?

Currently according to this source we're still ringing like the proverbial bell from the quake in Equador.
www.superstation95.com...

A very unusual and frightening thing is taking place throughout the USA right now: The entire land mass of the country is vibrating. It began with an explosive magnitude 7.8 earthquake in Ecuador at around 7:58 PM Eastern US Time and has not stopped since.

The entity which monitors earthquakes throughout the country is the US Geological Survey (USGS). They run the Advanced National Seismic Sensors (ANSS) which is the "backbone" of all the earthquake monitoring throughout the nation. The ANSS has about eighty-eight seismographs nationwide.

As shown below, with the exception of two seismographs that are not presently functioning, seismographs in the entire United States are showing ongoing quivering from the Ecuador Earthquake! ALL OF THEM! It's almost as though the earthquake shook the planet and caused it to wobble!

Not saying you haven't spotted a trend, but you're not giving us much to work with here?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

I remember quite a few years ago, there was a small earthquake in Virginia. Some reported that they could feel rumbles here in Southwestern Pennsylvania, where I'm located...but I didn't feel them.

Anyway, the quakes were supposed to have been from the Appalachian fault line, which is usually very tame so quakes are pretty rare around here. Haven't had one since that I know of, but I could maybe see how the plates around here could get a bit more active over the next several years. Especially since there were two pretty big ones around the ring of fire recently. That's sort of on the other side of the planet, but you never know when things might pick up.

Whereabouts are these new earthquakes popping up?

Edit: Oh hey, here's a map that shows some odd activity (at least odd by my standards...how often do quakes along the East coast occur?) all along the Easternmost states. What's up with that?

link: earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 4/21/2016 by mysticrecluse because: i found a thing.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

My fiance was watching the quakes yesterday. There have been a lot off the east coast of America, averaging 5.0 magnitude. Something moving down there.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I know I felt the one in DC a few years ago in Rhode Island and also felt one they had last year or my have been a bit longer than that,but that one was consider a little local one and I was only a couple miles from it.

Isn't there a pretty big fault line around the Bahamas or south of the islands? I grew up in Florida, but I can't say as I recall ever feeling one here. All limestone anyway basically.
Maybe the one I'm thinking of runs closer to Cuba. Sorry it's late and the brain isn't cooperating real well right now.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
< scratches head > What earthquakes in the East US? There ain't s# on the map, and haven't been very many in the E US in the last week as it is (like, four. very minor ones in the usual spots they infrequently pop up in.)

You sure you didn't get your cardinal directions messed up & really mean the West Coast?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
Isn't there a pretty big fault line around the Bahamas or south of the islands? I grew up in Florida, but I can't say as I recall ever feeling one here. All limestone anyway basically.
Maybe the one I'm thinking of runs closer to Cuba. Sorry it's late and the brain isn't cooperating real well right now.

Well heck yeah, if you consider the Caribbean PLATE a fault line.

And if this is the region you're referring to OP, you still got your cardinal directions wrong. That's south of the US, not Eastern US.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysticrecluse

I remember quite a few years ago, there was a small earthquake in Virginia. Some reported that they could feel rumbles here in Southwestern Pennsylvania, where I'm located...but I didn't feel them.

Anyway, the quakes were supposed to have been from the Appalachian fault line, which is usually very tame so quakes are pretty rare around here. Haven't had one since that I know of, but I could maybe see how the plates around here could get a bit more active over the next several years. Especially since there were two pretty big ones around the ring of fire recently. That's sort of on the other side of the planet, but you never know when things might pick up.

Whereabouts are these new earthquakes popping up?

Edit: Oh hey, here's a map that shows some odd activity (at least odd by my standards...how often do quakes along the East coast occur?) all along the Easternmost states. What's up with that?

link: earthquake.usgs.gov...

Hey thanks for this!!
The quake in Virginia did surprise everyone. Out east here 2 point and 3 pointers are infrequent but pretty normal. Pretty sure there is a fault that runs up thru Montreal that people forget about, Cleveland gets minor quakes plus we get Fracking quakes out of Akron/Youngstown Ohio. There's a thread buried in here about that last one somewhere here.

East Coast quakes being more minor than the ones on the Pacific Ring of Fire get shorter shrift, but I think the Appalachians may hold a few surprises in readjusting as the west coast releases some pressure.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mysticrecluse

The link you gave isn't showing earthquakes. That line of "quakes along the east coast" are symbols for seismological networks: Lamont-Doherty, Virginia Tech, Maryland Geological Survey, etc. If you click the symbols you will then be able to navigate to individual helicorder plots from seismometers in each network.

edit on 4/21/2016 by Olivine because: for correctness

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Check out the MAG 2 EQ in VA !! they definitely are moving closer Slowly but surely

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Heh, whoops. Thanks for pointing that out.

I thought something was off when all the seismographs looked pretty normal after clicking the links.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
wake me when california is drowning in the pacific. 157 democrat delegates will prolly survive though. like rats.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I AM CORRECT. SEE earthquakes in NC , TN & GA.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I AM CORRECT. See Ashville NC swarm thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
SO 4.7 just popped up of the coast of Maryland USA E coast ... Hmmm Closer still there was another one off the coast of New Jersey a few months back as well as in Maine, New York, GA, FL, TN, just last year

Starting to heat up ..........

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

“Although we have seen no effects here, our Emergency Services Department has been in contact with our State partners and will be monitoring as needed,” officials wrote on Facebook.

The Maryland Dept. of Natural Resources also tweeted about the earthquake, saying that it took place “on the outer continental shaft.”

never heard of a quake around OC before

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just wanted to put here that there have been numerous small EQ's all along the Eastern sea board Three within the last week
2.9 - NEW BRUNSWICK, CANADA - 2019-03-07 03:17:54 UTC
M 3.6 - EASTERN TENNESSEE - 2019-03-05 20:56:02 UTC
M 2.6 - WESTERN FLORIDA - 2019-03-07 04:45:51 UTC

M 2.3 - 21km S of Charlestown, Rhode Island
2019-03-01 09:17:57 (UTC)41.193°N 71.658°W7.2 km depth

M 2.6 - 13km NNW of Alderson, West Virginia
2019-03-04 07:41:54 (UTC)37.838°N 80.704°W15.6 km depth

Any one see a trend yet ???? ------> Moving EAST

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Something big is about to pop off lot's of 5+ happening all around the plates past few day's and the only place not getting hit is the California coast ...
edit on 3/7/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Getting closer to the east coast something broke east side of the Appalachian mountains

This is proof EQ's ARE creeping closer to and along the East Coast of the USA.......

mb 2.2
Region NORTH CAROLINA
Date time 2019-03-26 04:32:30.5 UTC
Location 35.91 N ; 79.88 W
Depth 5 km

Keep an eye on Ashville too.....
edit on 26-3-2019 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
oh look another off the coast of LONG ISLAND NY

M 3.0 - 53km SE of Southampton, New York
IV

top topics

join